Report: Conyers settled wrongful dismissal complaint over 'sexual advances'

So now there's a second Conyers accuser. Apparently this one was a true believer of sorts who did everything she could to keep her suit hidden from the public as to not harm his legacy. Makes you wonder how many other DC groupie staffers there are out there who are still biting their tongues so their team doesn't take a hit...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod...ual-harassment?utm_term=.peO6NPKW4#.ajRW40jN8

He has been in congress for so long. (started in 1965).

I assume he has brought in a lot of pork into his district.

Any chance he will win another election in 2018?

Similar to the situation with Franken, this man is a champion of the progressive cause and has been invaluable in furthering the agenda.

Obviously, if true, these allegations are certainly despicable. However, given his exemplary voting record coupled with the fact that Mr. Conyers is a person of color, it would behoove us to refrain from rushing to conclusions and demanding his resignation during this volatile time in our country.

Last edited:
Similar to the situation with Franken, this man is a champion of the progressive cause and has been invaluable in furthering the agenda.

Obviously, if true, these allegations are certainly despicable. However, given his exemplary voting record coupled with the fact that Mr. Conyers is a person of color, it would behoove us to refrain from rushing to conclusions and demanding his resignation at this volatile time in country.

So progressivism and minority status are a lisence for sexual abuse. Noted. Thanks for the clarification.

Obviously, if true, these allegations are certainly despicable. However, given his exemplary voting record coupled with the fact that Mr. Conyers is a person of color, it would behoove us to refrain from rushing to conclusions and demanding his resignation during this volatile time in our country.
<[analyzed}>

Shame shame shame

Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), the longest-serving current House member, reportedly settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 after a former employee accused him of firing her for resisting his "sexual advances."

Meh - this guy is a creep -- as I assume most other politicians are. I had the unfortunate experience of meeting him at the US Capitol in 2005. The whole thing made me puke. He was given a few lines to say at a press conference. HE didn't know anything about the issue 3 mins before he went on camera. Said it with the kind of conviction as if he had been fighting for this issue for 10 yrs. I stood at the back of the room with aides and staffers. Another set of grade A cunts. During the press conference they are just acting like 5 yr olds.

Just thinking about how shit works in Washington makes me want to puke again.

So progressivism and minority status are a lisence for sexual abuse. Noted. Thanks for the clarification.

Of course not but overreacting is a problem here because conservatives have been very successful with their fake news in conditioning many people to think that liberalism is a mental disorder and conservatives are less likely to descend into perverted shit.

Roy Moore whom Trump is defending is a weak ass scummy shit who got 'runned off' from stores because of his behavior harrasing young teenage girls for sex. One girl even said that Moore tracked her down to her school and got called to the office over the loudspeaker only to find the pervert there waiting for her after she brushed him off days earlier. But he is a hero to conservatives for his 'moral values'.

Meh - this guy is a creep -- as I assume most other politicians are. I had the unfortunate experience of meeting him at the US Capitol in 2005. The whole thing made me puke. He was given a few lines to say at a press conference. HE didn't know anything about the issue 3 mins before he went on camera. Said it with the kind of conviction as if he had been fighting for this issue for 10 yrs. I stood at the back of the room with aides and staffers. Another set of grade A cunts. During the press conference they are just acting like 5 yr olds.

Just thinking about how shit works in Washington makes me want to puke again.

That's just depressing. What was the issue he was speaking on?

Of course not but overreacting is a problem here because conservatives have been very successful with their fake news in conditioning many people to think that liberalism is a mental disorder and conservatives are less likely to descend into perverted shit.

Roy Moore whom Trump is defending is a weak ass scummy shit who got 'runned off' from stores because of his behavior harrasing young teenage girls for sex. One girl even said that Moore tracked her down to her school and got called to the office over the loudspeaker only to find the pervert there waiting for her after she brushed him off days earlier. But he is a hero to conservatives for his 'moral values'.

What the shit does Roy Moore being a likely predator have to do with this? It's just bullshit to even hint that Conyer's progressive and minority status should somehow mitigate behaviors that are otherwise deemed unacceptable.

And Democrats call for him to drop out and throw his career in the toilet, despite him denying all the accusations, and no proof to back them up, while they insist that their buddies have a right to due process.

It's all a joke, and nobody on either side gives a shit about the moral high ground. I saw some Democrat intelligence agent last night in the same five minutes he was interviewed, go off on Trump and Moore, calling the alleged incidents he's accused of vile(which they are), saying Moore should step down, and all but calling for Trump's impeachment over his half-assed support, and then when asked the same questions about Franken and this dude, called for due process, and played the exact same "if the allegations are true..." card he was slamming Republicans for. Even the CNN interviewer was giving him the stink eye, for his blatant double standard.

It's all so ridiculous, and the agendas are painfully obvious. Neither side gives two fucks about the victims, and are just looking for scalps.

What the shit does Roy Moore being a likely predator have to do with this? It's just bullshit to even hint that Conyer's progressive and minority status should somehow mitigate behaviors that are otherwise deemed unacceptable.
Because Moore's problem is a magnitude larger than Conyer's and Conyer's isn't being defended by the 'liberals' including his fellow democrats. Moore otoh is a sexual predator whose problems are known far and wide who is being defended by Trump and republicans and the religious conservatives. One pastor described Moore as a 'godly' man in search of the 'purity' that teenage girls possess.... some sick shit there.

Because Moore's problem is a magnitude larger than Conyer's and Conyer's isn't being defended by the 'liberals' including his fellow democrats. Moore otoh is a sexual predator whose problems are known far and wide who is being defended by Trump and republicans and the religious conservatives. One pastor described Moore as a 'godly' man in search of the 'purity' that teenage girls possess.... some sick shit there.

But he IS being defended - on the very ground that he's a liberal. That was what I was responding to in the first place. One of Conyer's complainants herself tried to seal her lawsuit in order to defend the progressive cause. You're being disingenuous as shit and trying to cast this as a one sided partisan issue while being partisan yourself.

Back