Report: Conyers settled wrongful dismissal complaint over 'sexual advances'

Mark Hunts FIST

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Shame shame shame

Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), the longest-serving current House member, reportedly settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 after a former employee accused him of firing her for resisting his "sexual advances."

The woman who claimed wrongful dismissal claims that Conyers would ask her to work with him in private rooms where he would allegedly start describing sexual fantasies to her, including encouraging her to "touch" his penis.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...gful-dismissal-complaint-over-sexual-advances

The woman who claimed wrongful dismissal claims that Conyers would ask her to work with him in private rooms where he would allegedly start describing sexual fantasies to her, including encouraging her to "touch" his penis.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...gful-dismissal-complaint-over-sexual-advances
Now im not saying this shit doesn't happen because i have seen it with my own eyes. So disclaimer here.......it happens. But usually it's in a bar where both parties are liquored up or at some other equally shady place where it may be somewhat sexually charged. This how ever is almost too oblivious for me to fully commit to.

If it's true he's obviously a pervert, but i just cannot totally wrap my mind around someone doing something that is blatantly going to seppuku his career by asking some broad he works with to touch his bastones.

This doesn't really sound right to me.

Now im not saying this shit doesn't happen because i have seen it with my own eyes. So disclaimer here.......it happens. But usually it's in a bar where both parties are liquored up or at some other equally shady place where it may be somewhat sexually charged. This how ever is almost too oblivious for me to fully commit to.

If it's true he's obviously a pervert, but i just cannot totally wrap my mind around someone doing something that is blatantly going to seppuku his career by asking some broad he works with to touch his bastones.

This doesn't really sound right to me.

He paid them off. The story was never supposed to see the light of day

Not a partisan issue -- something that happens on every side and spectrum.

Taking this as a win for your side is just really odd.

He paid them off. The story was never supposed to see the light of day
giphy.gif

But no seriously in his position it's basically leverage against him. We all know how these allegations work in this climate, damned if you do and damned if you dont. The best case scenario is that no one hears about it guilty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

But no seriously in his position it's basically leverage against him. We all know how these allegations work in this climate, damned if you do and damned if you dont. The best case scenario is that no one hears about it guilty or otherwise.
4 coworkers with signed affidavits + 2nd complaint + payoff...... yeah, sounds pretty damn guilty.... dont see how that could have been a ploy to "get" the guy.

@Gervinho said white guys most predatory in the other thread <Moves>

4 coworkers with signed affidavits + 2nd complaint + payoff...... yeah, sounds pretty damn guilty.... dont see how that could have been a ploy to "get" the guy.

@Gervinho said white guys most predatory in the other thread <Moves>

Firstly
Four unnamed sources who were involved with the case confirmed to BuzzFeed News that the documents are authentic.
Call me crazy but this isn't enough to satiate my need for truth coming from four unnamed randoms........according to BuzzFeed news of course.

Also
Two women wrote in their affidavits that they believed Conyers used office resources to pay for the travels of women with whom he was having affairs. Another staffer described the task of driving women to and from the lawmaker’s apartment and hotel rooms.
giphy.gif

and
The incident comes amid a flood of sexual misconduct allegations against powerful men in politics, media and entertainment.

All im getting at is that it may not be so obvious based on all this. I don't like it when allegations automatically assume wrongdoing. It's a dangerous habit for anyone who's a man at this point.

Let's also not forget to factor in the element of being a former employee here.

Not a partisan issue -- something that happens on every side and spectrum.

Taking this as a win for your side is just really odd.

Did you just have that locked and loaded? no one said anything about whose side it is.

You and I paid this settlement off. That pisses me off

Firstly

Call me crazy but this isn't enough to satiate my need for truth coming from four unnamed randoms........according to BuzzFeed news of course.

Also

giphy.gif

and

All im getting at is that it may not be so obvious based on all this. I don't like it when allegations automatically assume wrongdoing. It's a dangerous habit for anyone who's a man at this point.
it's 4 former staffers, all on one incident that makes this much more plausible.

The story came from Mike cernavich, which I dont know of too well, but the news article labels him as a conspiracy theorist and STILL ran the story. My guess is that it was vetted somewhat for the hill to even dare go with it.

Al Franken in my opinion, that was a nothingburger... this is far from that.

Al should be thanking this guy for taking some heat off him.

What Al did was juvenile. What Conyers did was predatory.

See the thing with payoffs, if done properly, no one knows.

That's kind of the point.

Only if there's a non-disclosure agreement. For example Rose McGowan, she got paid by Weinstein. Now she's letting everyone know about the rape.

Hopefully Along with Statutory Roy, Handsy Al Franken, this guy just leaves public office and disappears.

Back