Report: Conor negotiations with UFC going well, with the possibility of two UFC fights in 2018

Who cares what he knows about fight technique and breaking down fights.

He is source for exactly what you said numbers and gossip. I.e. stuff going on behind the scenes like what this thread us about.

He been reporting about MMA since before it was MMA & he was a judge at an early UFC PPV
;)

Waiting in the wings for one killer to expose the other. Then study the tapes like a coke head on finals week.

Hard to trust any of this. From my understanding Connor will always reach a deal with the UFC and then when they agree he'll ask for more.

Exactly, and looking at his MMA career prior to the Floyd fight will land you at the same conclusion. Conor is supremely confident and will take any challenge. His word isn't to be taken lightly, that's for sure

Indeed, trying to paint Mcgregor as a coward like many folks here do is just out and out fan wankery.

I personally think we will probably see him fight this year or early next.

But with that said I could also easilly see Mcgregor deciding not to fight for awhile/again just due to his repeatedly expressing concerns about the long term health ramifications and making oodles of money off that mayweather bout.

Conor is praying every night for Ferg to beat khabib
Both of these guys are beasts and I don't think either one is an easy matchup for Conor.

Actually, if Conor gets stripped, it might be better for Khabib to win because Khabib is often injured, which increases the chance of a future title fight where he has to fight neither of them.

Hypothetical timeline:

- Conor gets stripped
- Khabib beats Tony
- Khabib out with injury/Ramadan
- McGregor/Diaz 3 for interim LW title

http://www.bodyslam.net/2018/02/21/...th-the-possibility-of-two-ufc-fights-in-2018/

From Dave Meltzer’s Newsletter (Subscription required)

The word is that negotiations with Conor McGregor are going well.
No deal to return has been inked but they are said to be not so far apart and are in talks about him doing two fights in 2018.
All the pub right now is Mayweather under MMA rules but I can’t see Mayweather agreeing to that, even though it’s huge money.
The UFC fight idea is the winner of Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

F-NYC take:
Great to hear that negotiations are progressing.
As reported HERE, Artem Lobov believes UFC put him on the UFC 223 card in hopes Conor will be there to see Khabib vs Tony fight for the interim lightweight title.
Regarding Conor vs Mayweather, look at my report HERE - where Floyd’s Camp doesn’t believe he can beat Conor in MMA
At this point I have zero idea why he'd show up at UFC 223. He didn't show up at Khabib vs Barboza or Ferguson vs Lee and took 3 days to even say anything about Khabib's win over Barboza.

Hard to trust any of this. From my understanding Connor will always reach a deal with the UFC and then when they agree he'll ask for more.

That is what he did in November, but he was not training & out partying every night

Both of these guys are beasts and I don't think either one is an easy matchup for Conor.

Actually, if Conor gets stripped, it might be better for Khabib to win because Khabib is often injured, which increases the chance of a future title fight where he has to fight neither of them.

Hypothetical timeline:

- Conor gets stripped
- Khabib beats Tony

MysticMac - is that you?

Hypothetical timeline:

- Conor gets stripped
- Khabib beats Tony

AssuredForthrightFawn-size_restricted.gif

Back