Report: Conor negotiations with UFC going well, with the possibility of two UFC fights in 2018

Conor is praying every night for Ferg to beat khabib

The other time Meltzer said this too

Things might be moving, but unless they sign on the dotted line they are just generating buzz.

I know & 100% get your point
Nowhere did anybody say it was 100%
Just stating that things went from bad to progressing & add in the fact that Artum is on the card & it seems like they expect something by fight night

Great news. People seem to always doubt Conor and the massive balls he has.

I get disliking his shtick but man, I'm a (straight) man who respects some brass balls and I know em when I see em. Conor's got a set of big brass balls on him, that much is a fact.

There is no way he can get 2 fights in if he waits on the winner Khabib vs Tony. I really hope he fights Floyd in MMA

"You'll do nuthin'!"

Great news. People seem to always doubt Conor and the massive balls he has.

I get disliking his shtick but man, I'm a (straight) man who respects some brass balls and I know em when I see em. Conor's got a set of big brass balls on him, that much is a fact.

There is a lot of balls in this quote!

Biggest mistake the UFC ever made was letting Conor fight Mayweather out of greed. The guy turned straight up into a prima donna.

Obviously.

Khabib has said numerous times his contract says it is for "the real belt." Dana seemed to imply the same at the presser without saying Conor is stripped.

I'd love to see the actual wording of the contract. Most likely it was carefully crafted by a lawyer.

If Khabib wins and is announced as the interim champ, things could get ugly.

That combined with him being used as a pawn in previous negotiations.. if he does fight Conor and has him on the ground, one wonders what he will do to Dana's boy.

McGregor vs Nick Diaz for the Interim ufc welterweight championship?

I find the 'not going to happen' predictions fascinating. After that farsical Mayweather bout actually happened Id think there'd be a collective agreement to stop trying to predict these things with such myopic certainty.

I feel like im the only one that feels Conor would have a harder time with Ferg than Khabib.

I said back when Dana announced it would be for the real belt but never said he would strip Conor, that he he would wait right up until the fight to officially do anything

First person I heard with that theory. Soon after I heard Schaub mention it. Confirmed Shertard

I wish this gif would get people banned like posting "Rickson by armbar" back in the day.

Meltzer is someone who been reporting on UFC since its inception, mate..

Yet Meltzer doesn't know dick about the sport.

He knows gossip and gate numbers and that's about it.

I find the 'not going to happen' predictions fascinating. After that farsical Mayweather bout actually happened Id think there'd be a collective agreement to stop trying to predict these things with such myopic certainty.
Exactly, and looking at his MMA career prior to the Floyd fight will land you at the same conclusion. Conor is supremely confident and will take any challenge. His word isn't to be taken lightly, that's for sure

Yet Meltzer doesn't know dick about the sport.

He knows gossip and gate numbers and that's about it.

Who cares what he knows about fight technique and breaking down fights. I'll listen to Cuck Thomas if I am interested in that.

He is source for exactly what you said numbers and gossip. I.e. stuff going on behind the scenes like what this thread us about.

Last edited:
Khabib has said numerous times his contract says it is for "the real belt." Dana seemed to imply the same at the presser without saying Conor is stripped.

I'd love to see the actual wording of the contract. Most likely it was carefully crafted by a lawyer.

If Khabib wins and is announced as the interim champ, things could get ugly.

That combined with him being used as a pawn in previous negotiations.. if he does fight Conor and has him on the ground, one wonders what he will do to Dana's boy.
I would not trust Dana. It sounded like he had not made a decision at the time in case Conor refuses to fight. Now he is very likely to reduce the Tony/Khabib belt to an interim one.

Back