Report: Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko rescheduled for UFC 215 (Edmonton)

There are like 10 people who want to be here....
Khabib vs Tony
GSP vs Wodley/Maia or Bisping
Cody vs TJ
Cyborg vs Holm
Max Holloway vs Edgar
Joanna vs Rose

I'm really curious why so many of them... As a champion with PPV points i would take decebmer Conor's card. Free 1.5 million+
USD....

I agree, but Dana mentioned in his recent MMAJunkie interview that he was excited about the fall 2017 PPV schedule. I expect the UFC to even out the fight cards to maximize revenue. Isn't it amazing 2017 started off bad, now we are wondering how the UFC is going to fit in all of these great fights on the fall PPVs?

War Bullet. Nunes has lost a lot of fans and the division needs a Champ like Shevchenko to keep the casual fans interested.

Probably Mighty Mouse vs The Borg headlining. Not a bad card if that's the case, but also not gonna be the blockbuster payday MM wanted.

You think MM headlines over Nunes/Shev? Honest question. I know both Nunes and MM aren't exactly in the good graces of the bald father but if imagine Nunes would headline over MM is most situations.

You think MM headlines over Nunes/Shev? Honest question. I know both Nunes and MM aren't exactly in the good graces of the bald father but if imagine Nunes would headline over MM is most situations.

The problem with Mighty Mouse is that he fights guys who have zero "star power" in the eyes of the fans. Anytime he fights, it's basically Mighty Mouse and "some other guy". Nunes vs Schevchenko is easily more of a draw than MM vs [Player 2 Insert Coin].

Once in a lifetime card for the great folks of Edmonton.

Ya.... Khabib vs Tony or Stipe vs Cain are the only main events that can save this card. I see the latter one being very unlikely

SICK. i am for sure going.. we coulda had rock/gegard.... oh well

I have no idea who Shevchenko is, but I hate Nunes, so it looks like I'm going for Shevchenko.

Looks like mma fighters don't give a sh.. about Conor anymore, maybe they know more than we. That's why many of them trying to fight NYC card.

MM vs Borg main event
Nunes vs Schevchenko co main
for Edmonton

Nice just another reason to go.

I hope this isn't main event

That sucks for Edmonton if that's the main event. They have so little respect for Canada. Always giving such shitty cards.

Jesus you guys are harsh, im more realistic remember the Vancouver cards and Calgary. Frankly i think this is great news gonna bring a lot of attention to the card and with Nunes pulling out last time there gonna stack it a bit if not maybe another title fight and this is just the co-main.

either way so far its looking to good to be true, i thought we would get a spectacularly horrible PPV.

Good. Now if Nunes wanna pull out, she can get stripped and they can elevate McMann and have her face Shevchenko.

It'd give the event a theme if they put Mighty Mouse on the card too. Both have current beefs with Dana. I know what Dana said about Nunes not main eventing but that fight has to get the slot over DJ/Borg. It's the bigger fight.

No offense to Edmonton but I don't think the UFC will prioritize this card enough to give it a title fight any better than that. Maybe JJ/Rose if you consider that better (I do). Maybe Holloway/Edgar at a push, but I don't think so. I think that fight's more likely for 216 or 217. No title fights from the other divisions are available really

I'm looking forward to this fight. They'll probably put a main headliner on the card, if what Dana said about not having Nunes headline a main card is true. However, nothing surprises me in the whacky world of mma.

Nunes will pull out again then she will claim Edmonton was too cold for her and her sinuses.

https://mma-today.com/amanda-nunes-vs-valentina-shevchenko-rescheduled-ufc-215

Oh happy day - War Shevchenko !

* WARNING: Your responses must include lewd comments about Miss Shevchenko or I will delete them.

giphy.gif

Back