Report: Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko rescheduled for UFC 215 (Edmonton)

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...entina-para-ufc-215-no-dia-9-de-setembro.html

SIR

Crude Portuguese Brazilian to English translation.

Ultimate remembers Amanda vs. Valentina for UFC 215 on September 9th

Fighters vie for the women's bantamweight title on the Edmonton card in Canada

Ultimate confirmed their plan and marked the clash between Amanda Nunes and Valentina Shevchenko for the women's bantamweight title (up to 61kg), for September 9 in Edmonton (CAN) at UFC 215, according to Combate. With sources close to the organization. The fight was supposed to have happened on July 8, at UFC 213, but the Brazilian had to be removed from the event on the day of the duel, alleging a chronic sinusitis crisis.

At UFC 213's press conference, Ultimate President Dana White stated that it made sense for Leone to defend his belt at UFC 215, however, he asserted that she would not make the main fight. This is the first title match scheduled for 9 September. The tendency is for another to be marked to be the main fight.

Amanda has 14 wins and four career losses. She won the belt in July last year when she finished Miesha Tate and defended the title in December when she knocked out Ronda Rousey in just 48 seconds. The Brazilian does not lose from this September 2014, when she was knocked out by Cat Zingano, and comes from five consecutive wins, including one over Shevchenko herself, by points.

Kyrgyzstan has 14 wins and two setbacks. His last negative result was just before Leone in March of last year. After that, she overcame Holly Holm by unanimous decision and finished Julianna Peña.

So not confirmed, but initially expected to be co-main event. Not sure what may headline, I think this may be the main event, with JDS/Ngannou in the co-main slot, unless they have a flyweight title bout as headliner.

Congratulations Alberta!

Last edited:
War Bullet. Nunes has lost a lot of fans and the division needs a Champ like Shevchenko to keep the casual fans interested.

Probably Mighty Mouse vs The Borg headlining. Not a bad card if that's the case, but also not gonna be the blockbuster payday MM wanted.

War Bullet. Nunes has lost a lot of fans and the division needs a Champ like Shevchenko to keep the casual fans interested.

Probably Mighty Mouse vs The Borg headlining. Not a bad card if that's the case, but also not gonna be the blockbuster payday MM wanted.

Probably so.

Let's get Holly Holm on the undercard for good measure.

It's too cold for Nunes to fight in Edmonton.

I would be very surprised if Dana places MM-Borg over Nunes-Shev in the main event slot at UFC 215. I would argue the Nunes-Shev fight has generated more interest now than before and MM's PPV history has not been great. MM serves as a good co-main event, however. Now if the UFC could pull off another 3 title fight card, then the third title could headline. I just don't know what titles would be available for UFC 215, especially since the UFC wants to stack their NYC card.

We have to sit through those cringey promos again?

VALENTINA: I WILL TAKE DIS BELT THEN ITS OVER!

NUNES: SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!

<36>

Last edited:
is this so its not to hot for nunes?

DFW juuust said he'll never main event Nunes again so....here's hoping Cain/Stipe could still get added to this

especially since the UFC wants to stack their NYC card.

There are like 10 people who want to be here....
Khabib vs Tony
GSP vs Wodley/Maia or Bisping
Cody vs TJ
Cyborg vs Holm
Max Holloway vs Edgar
Joanna vs Rose

I'm really curious why so many of them... As a champion with PPV points i would take decebmer Conor's card. Free 1.5 million+
USD....

That sucks for Edmonton if that's the main event. They have so little respect for Canada. Always giving such shitty cards.

DFW juuust said he'll never main event Nunes again so....here's hoping Cain/Stipe could still get added to this

I would be stunned if it does. I expect that fight to be the main event for UFC 216 (Las Vegas) or UFC 218 (Detroit).

Jones vs. DC 2
Khabib vs. Tony
Nunes vs. Shevchenko

Nothing to see here, just 3 cancelled fights.

Back