Renato Moicano vs. Calvin Kattar Added to UFC 223 in Brooklyn

Who Wins?

• Total voters
You have no clue what you’re looking at or you haven’t seen the fights. He has some of the slickest and fastest hands in the UFC and is a fighter who shows improvement every fight. His combos and angles are actually technical beauty, he’s also very long for the division. He would have won against Ortega but shot in very late in the 3rd with the fight already in the bag....probably not expecting Ortega to have such a crazy squeeze being a BJJ black belt himself and just put a stamp on the fight....come to find out Ortega’s squeeze is another level unfortunately for him

Before that he picked apart Jeremey Stephens (was 2-1 one judge had a trash card)

This is a crazy fight

Good eye. Couldn't have said it better.

Zabit is free to fight April 7. He's struggling to find an opponent. If Elkins thinks he can derail the hypetrain then why not?

How is this remotely a joke to you?

And his opponents are 0-3 because 1 of them just made his DEBUT last fight. And both of them lost to Zabit, duh! Hence, the 0-2 (cause Zabit beat them!). Fuck off if you're going to pull that sneaky slimey math shit.

Elkins last opponent MJ wasn't even ranked at FW either, and was 0-2 even before facing Elkins. His opponent before that Bermudez is now 0-3. So you can pull this bullshit with Zabit, but you won't mention that will ya? Selective memory, or just being a retard?
If Elkins want that fight then OK.
Well if you don't count their fights against Zabit then their combined UFC record will be 0-1.
Johnson, Bermudez, Bektic and i think even Skelly was in top 15 (maybe not at the moment of their fights with Elkins), and Johnson was a top guy from higher weight class, so I think you can say we should respect Elkins more for that win. While opponents of Zabit are - Santiago, who never was a UFC top fighter and 0-2 and might be cut soon and Moraes, who only fought one time in UFC and lost to Zabit.
It's like saying that Holloway's win over Aldo doesn't matter because Aldo is 1-3 in his last 4 fights.

I'm very surprised at the poll results, why is Moicano so underrated lol?

I like this fight, Kattar has been looking great lately, but Moicano has the works of a future contender and has beaten better competition so I'm picking him to win.

2 super talented unknown guys. Good fucking fight

Kalvin Kline Kattar.........isn't that the dood dat KO'd CoGar and then faked his own death?

You don't? Ok, i do, he does. Isn't about his 2 last opponents, is about his 6 wins in a row.

MJ was ranked in another weight class, a more stacked division. Not the same.

Elkins-Magomedsharipov is not a realistic match up, you don't match a top 10 with 6 win streak against a unranked guy 2-0 in UFC, please, if you really think like that you don't know how UFC matchmaking works, this is absurd, 1 win and Elkins will be in titleshot talks, Zabit just got into UFC, they shouldn't be in the same conversation.

LMAO. There have been plenty of champs from other orgs who have been thrown into the Top 10 or 15. Gaethje is a recent one.

You're pulling the "unranked" card like he's some scrub.

LMAO. There have been plenty of champs from other orgs who have been thrown into the Top 10 or 15. Gaethje is a recent one.

You're pulling the "unranked" card like he's some scrub.
WSOF dominant champ =/= ACB champ

You are smoking something if you think WSOF is better than ACB. Most ACB champs are legit.
By the time WSOF still existed, Thiago Silva was the LHW champ, he has nothing for David Branch and you know that. Former WW Duraev? Same, Branch would beat both back to back.

Ivanov > Vakhaev
Gaethje > Abdul-Aziz
Harrison > 40 y old Balaev

At FLW/BW i don't think we can really know who is better but i'd have Bibulatov and Magomedov over Askarov and Yan.

Only weight class i could see ACB being superior is WW with Berkhamov and Tumenov over 40 y old Fitch.

WSOF > ACB

By the time WSOF still existed, Thiago Silva was the LHW champ, he has nothing for David Branch and you know that. Former WW Duraev? Same, Branch would beat both back to back.

Ivanov > Vakhaev
Gaethje > Abdul-Aziz
Harrison > 40 y old Balaev

At FLW/BW i don't think we can really know who is better but i'd have Bibulatov and Magomedov over Askarov and Yan.

Only weight class i could see ACB being superior is WW with Berkhamov and Tumenov over 40 y old Fitch.

WSOF > ACB

What the hell are you arguing about?

First of all, Bibulatov is from the WCFA, not WSOF.

And nobody's arguing about who's the 2nd best champ. Even in your mind if WSOF champs are better, that doesn't explain why an ACB champ has to start from 0 when the WSOF guy gets thrown into the Top 10.

What the hell are you arguing about?

First of all, Bibulotov is from the WCFA, not WSOF.

And nobody's arguing about who's the 2nd best champ. Even in your mind if WSOF champs are better, that doesn't explain why an ACB champ has to start from 0 when the WSOF guy gets thrown into the top 10.
Bibulotov was champ at both orgs, he represents WSOF too

Elkins made no sense and Zabit already got a fight (against a unranked guy, as he should), so we can stop this, cyaa

Bibulotov was champ at both orgs, he represents WSOF too

Elkins made no sense and Zabit already got a fight (against a unranked guy, as he should), so we can stop this, cyaa

He had 1 fight in WSOF, then 3 fights at WCFA.

This is ridiculous. So you think 1 fight at WSOF makes someone a champ more legit than winning 3 fights in another Russian org? Because ACB champs are legit.

Any ACB champ from FLW to LW deserves to be thrown into the Top 15 conversation after debut. Regardless of how better you think PFL might be.

He had 1 fight in WSOF, then 3 fights at WCFA.
And? He was the WSOF champ too, that's a fact.

This is ridiculous. So you think 1 fight at WSOF makes someone a champ more legit than winning 3 fights in another Russian org? Because ACB champs are legit.
Never said that. ACB champs are legit, ofc. I'm just saying that i'd have WSOF higher in terms of competiveness and strength of the roster, before it turned into PFL.

Any ACB champ from FLW to LW deserves to be thrown into the Top 15 conversation after debut. Regardless of how better you think PFL might be.
I don't think so, agree on disagree.

And? He was the WSOF champ too, that's a fact.

Never said that. ACB champs are legit, ofc. I'm just saying that i'd have WSOF higher in terms of competiveness and strength of the roster, before it turned into PFL.

I don't think so, agree on disagree.

Him being WSOF champ becomes a completely different topic. Nobody who has 1 fight as champ deserves a ranked opponent. That is called being untested. But any champ who is accomplished does.

Zabit had multiple bouts as ACB champ. An extensive amateur MMA record before that. He had 2 impressive fights in the UFC. So an automatic ranked guy makes sense, whether thats Elkin or someone else. In my mind the realistic option was Elkins.

One title defense?

Thank god you are not a matchmaker then, it didn't made ANY sense. Elkins would never accept it and rightfully so.

He had 3 title bouts. 2 if you don't count the tournament. 1 title defense.

Bibulatov had 0 title defenses at WSOF. Funny how you never mentioned it when you kept mentioning he was WSOF champ. But suddenly its relevant now but not then.

Back