Remember that 12-year-old Japanese youngster Momo Shimizu, who fought a 24-year-old? She won in R1

If strength was all that matters in MMA Bob Sapp would be the GOAT.

It's not all that matters but when a 13 year old locks up a RNC you should be able to easily peel their feeble arms off or flip and slam them. Now I'm over here thinking of ways to beat up a 12 year old..

This fight must have had the worst referee ever.

43kg Amateur Bout – 2×3
Momo Shimizu vs Momoko Yamazaki
Round 1:
Referee for this bout is Kenichi Serizawa. Shimizu ignores Yamazaki’s front kicks and secures a clinch. She turns quickly and Yamazaki loses her balance and falls. Shimizu immediately takes her back and attempts a rear-naked choke. Yamazaki defends well, but Shimizu sticks with the choke until the end of the round. Just as the bell sounds, referee Serizawa checks on Yamazaki and realises that she is out cold. He waves off the fight, giving 12-year-old Shimizu an impressive win in her debut.

Winner: Momo Shimizu by Technical Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 2:59 of round one.

Last edited:
Sara McMann, an Olympic level wrestler, was subbed by a 16 year old. That's pretty close

That was a BJJ tournament not a MMA fight.

I'm with most people. A 24 year old woman MMA fighter should never lose to a 12 year old MMA fighter.

P.S.: The videos above I'd question the age of those supposedly much younger girls.

That was a BJJ tournament not a MMA fight.

I'm with most people. A 24 year old woman MMA fighter should never lose to a 12 year old MMA fighter.

P.S.: The videos above I'd question the age of those supposedly much younger girls.
You can question the ages but they are what they are.

The Yukari girl is the daughter of Momo's coach and has been fighting pro in kickboxing since her early teens. There has been plenty of kids around that age that beat adults in Muay Thai, kickboxing, BJJ, and pretty much every combat sport, no reason to think it can't and doesn't happen in MMA as well. Especially when the 12 year old trains every day with UFC level talent and the adult trains part time at most with a bunch of former bikers.

People saying fixed or work are clueless. A number of these types of fights have been put on under amateur rules, it was clear though to anyone who follows the scene that Momo would win by submission pretty quickly

There was no ground and pound, they had headgear, shin guards, and larger gloves

I have watched a number of kids the same age beat adults under the same rule set and it never looks fishy. People should probably look into things before always jumping to "fixed" or "work".

The promoter and her coach aren't dumb, they picked someone they felt she could beat. Her coach is known for debuting youth prodigies to great success (Mizuki and Naoki Inoue, Yukari Yamaguchi), he knows what he is doing.

12 year old vs 28 year old

12 year old vs 41 year old

13 year old (same gym as Momo) vs 32 year old, this is the ruleset the fight this thread is about happened under

Spoiler: The kids all win in legitimate contests

You can question the ages but they are what they are.

The Yukari girl is the daughter of Momo's coach and has been fighting pro in kickboxing since her early teens. There has been plenty of kids around that age that beat adults in Muay Thai, kickboxing, BJJ, and pretty much every combat sport, no reason to think it can't and doesn't happen in MMA as well. Especially when the 12 year old trains every day with UFC level talent and the adult trains part time at most with a bunch of former bikers.
You imo
<DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH><DisgustingHHH>

Why does every Sherdog post have to contain a stupid face icon?

no 24 year old would lose to any 12 year old legitimately
I disagree. If they were men, I'd agree. Ten years of 1000 level testosterone is a huge advantage over a child. But I don't see how adult women have any athletic advantages over a child.

If anything, the child has an advantage against an adult woman because that's 12 less years of damage, aging, and wear and tear to the body.

No way is it legitimate. No 12 year old is stronger than a 24 year old
24 year old adult man, youre right, no 12 year old is stronger because no 12 year old has had 10+ years of high testosterone levels. We're talking about women though. An adult woman has no real athletic advantage over a child.

If anything, the child has an advantage because of 10 less years of aging, wear and tear, and injuries.

12 year old vs 28 year old

12 year old vs 41 year old

13 year old (same gym as Momo) vs 32 year old, this is the ruleset the fight this thread is about happened under

Spoiler: The kids all win in legitimate contests

Thanks
Those are some tiny adults

I actually don't think it's improbable.

Girls hit puberty earlier and generally don't gain as much strength as men afterwards. There are plenty of tiny, unathletic women who are in their 20's

I've seen very athletic girls in their early teens who grow to be taller than the average women. It's actually no unbelievable that a 12 or 13 year old who trains MMA full time to beat a smaller unathletic 24 year old who doesn't know how to fight.

Guys.. maybe the 24 years old really sucked and had no idea of how to fight. Clearly didnt know when to tap to a fucking rear naked choke.

It's different with girls, as a few posters have pointed out. You look at those vids that were posted and the 12 year old's are still around the same size as the women. If anything, they have the advantage due to speed, energy, etc.

Audience footage

Looks plenty legit to me, very smooth and quick back take from Momo

when a 12 year old can beat wmma fighter, just shows you the level wmma is at

when a 12 year old can beat wmma fighter, just shows you the level wmma is at
There's a boy in DEEP beating fully grown adults since he was 15, happens all the time in kickboxing and Muay Thai as well. Has nothing to do with gender other than the point that females mature earlier so a 12 year old girl typically is more developed than a boy of the same age.

Also these 2 are amateur fighters, one of which barely even trains part time, hardly a good measure to make assumptions about the level of an entire sport.

I bet the Severn/Royce fight had a higher strength disparity than the 12 yr old/24 yr old.

Momo is the future of woman's mma if she continues to fight.
And that 24 yr old fighter is sexy. Bring her to me :)

If the fighters are about same size or at least close to it (and I'm talking legit adult size not any Bob Sapp rubishness) or have significant advantages in athleticism/skill then I dont see why it would be so weird.

You guys worry too much. Not every 12 year old girl is built "fragile".

Back