Remember me....Tim Sylvia

Everybody hated him like they did Phil Baroni but I'm sure if he posted on here like Baroni did they would've put their hate aside atleast long enough to go suck him off. Tim got alot of hate more then anyother fighter fighting during that time and that stupid twat that start up that fake Tim Sylvia myspace page that trolled Jerome Le Banner over did it. During that time I stayed away from sherdog had K1-Fans and Subfighter and most the mods turned a blind eye to ppl bashing him. Then to make it worse you get Dana White talking shit after the Fedor fight for someone who was bullied like Sylvia was growing up all that hate couldn't have been good for him.

Well, when Tank Abbott posted on here a long time ago, a lot of posters were on his nuts. As soon as it showed that he was offline, the shit talkers jumped in. Not a surprise.

Lol, I don't remember a fake Tim myspace, but I remember everyone posting pics of Fedor on his real one even before the Fedor fight. That and the dude who found pics of Sylvia's GF with other guys, lol.

I forgot about subfighter. You had to sign up to watch their HL vids IIRC.

I always liked timmy. Really underappreciated fighter. Seemed like a chill guy outside the cage as well.

I always liked timmy. Really underappreciated fighter. Seemed like a chill guy outside the cage as well.
Me too, he gets a lot of stick, but all his haters can throw at him was that he wasn’t the best ever-if that’s a crime then a lot of people are guilty.

Bottom line is that he was UFC HW champ on merit. That deserves a level of respect.

No pics of him out in public with the belt like a mark?
ask and you shall receive....
<Goldie11>
Former_Camp_I.jpg.w180h192.jpg 33ff5s4.jpg 92b68ce0.jpg
Obviously i dont have the bandwidth to post all of them mind you....

wont name names,
but here are some choice quotes about it from a reallllyyy oooolllllddd thread on another forum from back in the day when he first won the belt and wore it around his pants more than people did braided leather belts in the early 90's

Did anyone else notice that after the Hughes/Gracie fight Tim Sylvia was parading around the cage WEARING his belt? Everyone knows who he is and that he has the title. It's one thing to wear it when you win it or for photos, but to wear it to someone else's fight with you jeans and tank top looks pretty pathetic don't you think?

he was wearing it to hold up his pants stupid

Shit, Tito wore his to the IHOP every chance he got. He's at the venue where he's the champ, pics will be taken, prime photo op, whats the problem?

thought it was interesting that Matt didnt even try to keep his belt from being fully covered by his tshirt after the fight, yet Tim is there Tshirt tucked in so tight that there was no chance even a little wrinkle would obstruct the view of even an inch of the fabric of his belt. Not that theres anything wrong with that......

guess he is wearing it as much as he can now because he knows he is gonna lose it again when he faces Arvloski in July...

maybe he's just insecure like linus and his blanket

If I were the UFC Heavyweight Champion, I'd wear that damn belt everywhere; to the mall, in bed, in the shower, during sex, out at nightclubs, restaurants, parties, whatever. They'd have to pry that sumbitch off of me
.....last one is tim posting under a fictitious username i assume

People that say woodley is the most hated champ of all time, and its because he's black.....probably weren't around during anyone of sylvia's reigns

The hate went beyond being polarizing....he was completely maligned
He was like zombies on the walking dead...everybody puts aside their difference and banded together to focus all of their anger on him...

Last edited:
I cant believe a big tim thread has gone five pages without this

That redhead was sexy as hell, but she was a bitch to my man tim

Its not his fault she was a fucking lush and tim doesnt drink much

Also I can forever thank Tim for introducing me to my favorite drink
flying_grasshopper.jpg
<Goldie11>

Last edited:
I miss big Tim, he used to rustle Dana's jimmies so much. Great HW, would probably beat most of the guys on the roster today. his striking is so much better than a guy like Struve. just using him as a example as he is tall too haha

Tim was a badass in his day. His initial 16-0 run he was destroying everybody.

Tim-Sylvia-with-Jens-Pulver.jpg

Damn he looks freagin strong there!!!

The guy admittedly wore the heavyweight strap to parties, and indicated that he possibly wore it during sex. He’s ok in my book.

Sylvia is one of those guys I absolutely couldn't stand but now in hindsight respect him as a HW fighter.
I agree man. I rooted against him a lot, but I think that was cool thing to do at the moment. He doesn't seem like a bad guy and he had an awesome run

Isn't that the guy that did steroids to lose his man titties

Back