Remember me....Tim Sylvia

fedor+massacres+sylvia.gif

World class beatdown. I still give my brother a hard time for insisting that Timmy was going to 'expose' Fedor.

World class beatdown. I still give my brother a hard time for insisting that Timmy was going to 'expose' Fedor.

Fedor's Affliction fights are under appreciated.

Sylvia said that was the hardest he's ever been hit.

Left arlvoski face down ass up and suicidal

Classic ufc moment when Mir broke his arm. Crowd booed Herb..until they saw the replay

Tim Sylvia & Tyson Fury are bigger draws if they came back than any of sherdog's HW flavors of the month.

A career that spans 12 years with an excellent record of 31-10 (20 wins by KO/TKO) and a two time UFC heavyweight champion, Tim Sylvia will stand as one of the greatest UFC heavyweights of all time. Starting out with Militech fighting Systems in 2000, his height (6'8'') gave him a distinct advantage over most of his opponents. An above average striker with a pinpoint jab, Sylvia also had remarkably accurate TDD defense. His match against another steely heavyweight in Wesley (Cabbage) Correria at UFC 39 in 2002 was his breakout moment, as he assaulted Cabbage with an array of punches and lower leg kicks. From there he faced Ricco Rodriguez at UFC 41 who was the UFC Heavyweight Champion, a notable opponent with some of the best submissions in HW history. He would win the belt in devastating KO fashion in the first round. After failing a drug test he would go on to face some of the UFC best fighters over the years including a second shot at the title against another viable opponent in Andre Arlovski (who had previously beaten Sylvia by ankle lock). The match took place at UFC 59 in a classic back and forth battle that saw Arlovski stun Sylvia in the first round dropping him momentarily but Sylvia would bring down the Croatian with an uppercut with referee John McCarthy stopping the match and giving Tim Sylvia the Heavyweight Champion a second time in his career. He would go on and have a less than stellar finish to his career but his record stands alone as being one of the vert best Heavyweights in UFC history.

Tim Sylvia vs Wesley (Cabbage) Correria UFC 39

Tim Sylvia vs Jeff Monson UFC 65

Man, I don't know where you found this, but I was wanting to watch it just a few days ago and couldn't find it on YouTube, so thanks! I remember Cabbage taking shots unlike anyone else I'd ever seen. I seriously think he may have the best chin ever in the UFC.

Man, I don't know where you found this, but I was wanting to watch it just a few days ago and couldn't find it on YouTube, so thanks! I remember Cabbage taking shots unlike anyone else I'd ever seen. I seriously think he may have the best chin ever in the UFC.

I still cannot believe it myself, even after all these years. Best example of iron chin.

Lol wtf. Fedor was fighting real fighters while Timmy was ruling the UFC's weak division.

Timmy was beating Arlovski who you Fedor fans claim is one of Fedor's best wins.

You just got caught with your pants down with that silly contradiction. That's what fan worship will get you.

I realized watching this that Tim looked pretty good..his physique I mean. His physique, later on, took on a bit of a weird shape as his waist grew and his muscle mass lessened, but he looked like a straight up beast here.

Not sure why it's cool here to hate the old guard. Especially by people who are new to MMA.

Always nice to see another Tim Sylvia fan. The amount of hate he got here was sickening

It's strange to think about. But prime Tim Sylvia could actually be HW champ today.

A big stain on his record (even bigger than the Mercer KO) for me is that he never fought the best HWs and LHWs during the PRIDE era. Him being UFC HW champ back then is kind of like being the Bellator HW champ now.

Sadly prime Timmah would probably crack the top 10 today. Real athletes play real sports. See 205 for proof, real athletes play real sports, and Devin Clark tapping to Brutus Beefcake sleeper hold proves it.

He may not be a real athlete but he most certainly had real skills. Struve would be a force with timmys skill set

A guy who probably would have been nothing without PEDs
You mean like Anderson Silva? Every single UFC fighter was taking peds back then, they did not test for it untill USADA. Timmeh is as legit a UFC HW goat contender as any man.

Back