Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Aren't they a little small for him at this point of his career.
I don't know their exact weights but i don't think Yodwicha has gotten alot bigger than last year and Phetmorakot is pretty big.

Petmorakot and Yodwicha are around the same size, they cut a fair bit of weight to get down to 140. But I'm not sure we are going to see Yodwicha fight at the stadiums any time soon given that he hates cutting weight and has gotten his foot in the door of the international muay thai/kickboxing scene.

petmorakot is fighting manasak at 140 on the panpayak vs yodlekphet card coming up

Petmorakot and Yodwicha are around the same size, they cut a fair bit of weight to get down to 140. But I'm not sure we are going to see Yodwicha fight at the stadiums any time soon given that he hates cutting weight and has gotten his foot in the door of the international muay thai/kickboxing scene.
How much weight do you guess Petmorakot has to cut for 140?

Yodpanomrung fought at 67/68 kg in Top King IIRC. Yodwicha is small for a 70 kg guy. I think they're all around the same size but i'm not suggesting Yodwicha should fight them in stadiums, but he isn't "too good for muay thai at that weight".

Here his latest kickboxing fight in good quality btw. Lame fight imo, the other guy wasn't fighting back

Last edited:
He just fought at 154 recently so probably around 15 pounds or so I'm guessing.
Fighters cut a lot more weight then most think. Especially in the hot/humid Thailand. I think currently Yodwicha stands over 170.

Fighters cut a lot more weight then most think. Especially in the hot/humid Thailand. I think currently Yodwicha stands over 170.
hell no. They do not cut that much as they would not be able to fight in the 12 hours they have to recoup energy. From what I can tell the average fighter around 130 is cutting 7-8 pounds and guys that make the bigger weight cuts are around 15 or so pounds. Yodwicha might have gained a couple of pounds but he is still probably right around 160

So he cuts around 5lbs to fight at 155? In Thailand I can lose that within a couple days of training.
So after training a couple days in thailand, that would be your walk around weight. I usually lose like 6 lbs by going from not training regularly to training regularly and then there is the weight cut on top of that. I think the average weight cut in stadiums is around 10 lbs and when the same fighters are fighting internationally it's less. No way Yodwicha weights 170 lbs at training camp.

So he cuts around 5lbs to fight at 155? In Thailand I can lose that within a couple days of training.
yes but he has not been fighting in Thailand at that weight. He has been primarily been fighting in china and a few times in france where it is much colder than Thailand and he does not want to cut weight. He fought at 67kg in France a couple months back but I believe his team does not want him cutting much weight anymore as he was starting to have complications massive cuts too often in the stadiums

yes but he has not been fighting in Thailand at that weight. He has been primarily been fighting in china and a few times in france where it is much colder than Thailand and he does not want to cut weight. He fought at 67kg in France a couple months back but I believe his team does not want him cutting much weight anymore as he was starting to have complications massive cuts too often in the stadiums
I get everything you're saying but still at this point of his career I very much doubt he stands at 160.

I think the average weight cut in stadiums is around 10 lbs
I thought it was 15lbs and the average stadium fighter is a lot smaller than Yodwicha. The smaller you are the more difference a pound makes.

And the average stadium fighter is a lot smaller than Yodwicha. The smaller you are the more difference a pound makes.
For reference, i think Sanny Dahlbeck cut 8 lbs/4 kg for this fight, and he looks bigger than Yodwicha.

Yodwicha is also more skilled than the guys at 70 kg so he doesn't need that size advantage. Also if Yodwicha gained that much weight, from being able to fight at 140 lbs to weighting 170 lbs, fighting at 154, in one year, he would not be so lean like he is now.

Buakaw did not cut weight in his eary K-1 Max days, weighting around 69 kg at all times. Prior to that he was fighting at 140 lbs in thailand

For reference, i think Sanny Dahlbeck cut 8 lbs/4 kg for this fight, and he looks bigger than Yodwicha.

He cuts more then that. walkaround is around 78Kg.

1 day after weight in he was back at 74kg.

He cuts more then that. walkaround is around 78Kg.

1 day after weight in he was back at 74kg.
So if he weights 78 kg, how is he "back at 74 kg"? I'm not questioning that he weights 78 it's probably true the sentence doesn't make sense lol. I saw it on his instagram and thought he was back at 74, his walk around weight.

Either way, he would be way to big to fight Azize Hlali at whatever weight Yodwicha fought him at.

Also if Yodwicha gained that much weight, from being able to fight at 140 lbs to weighting 170 lbs, fighting at 154, in one year, he would not be so lean like he is now.
He last fought at 140lbs 15 months ago and he looked tired. Looked like it was a hard weight cut for him whilst some fighters can cut down to 140 from 170 with no issues.

Either way he looks very strong at 154/155 and if he truly is small at that weight he will be a powerhouse in the future.

He last fought at 140lbs 15 months ago and he looked tired. Looked like it was a hard weight cut for him whilst some fighters can cut down to 140 from 170 with no issues.

Either way he looks very strong at 154/155 and if he truly is small at that weight he will be a powerhouse in the future.
Yeah i think 142 lbs would have been a better deal for him at that point. A bit bigger now but yeah still on the smaller side for a 70 kg fighter.

part of the deal is those guys saying the are cutting from 170 are talking about the weight they entered camp at when not in peak condition. Not the weight they are when they start to intentionally dehydrate themselves which is the true weight they are cutting. Like the sanny discussion above he probably walks around out of completion at 78kg but a day after the fight when he was back full hydrated he was 74 which means he only really cut 4kg for the weigh in.

You can compare pics of yodvicha from when he first went to kems camp and now maybe he gained a kilo or 2 but he still looks the exact same compared with kem in every pic. Plus as I said earlier he fought in france at 147 not long ago and did not fade or get tried so he obviously has not gained more than 7 pounds from when he getting too tired making 140

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back