Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Kongsak and Manasak make their Thai Fight debut April 29

Here is the video from super muaythai today. Petchtanong vs manawan starts at 41:45 or -15:19 if your looking at the right side time.

Last edited:
how dare you enjoy a fight between Sitsongpeenong and Banchamek gym... Only Kiatmuu9, Jitmuangnon, Pksaenchai, Parunchai etc are allowed and they have to be under 130 lbs

Only joking of course. You watch 130 pounders? Might as well be 200 lbs mma strikers, I only watch 115 and under. *tips mongkhon

how dare you enjoy a fight between Sitsongpeenong and Banchamek gym... Only Kiatmuu9, Jitmuangnon, Pksaenchai, Parunchai etc are allowed and they have to be under 130 lbs
It's too bad that Sitsongpeenong and Banchamek have to devote all their resources to kickboxing, but it makes sense because of how difficult the sport is for Thais to succeed in in the first place. But just imagine what would happen if they devoted all their resource to Muay Thai. I bet they they would dominate the stadiums in no time!

It's too bad that Sitsongpeenong and Banchamek have to devote all their resources to kickboxing, but it makes sense because of how difficult the sport is for Thais to succeed in in the first place. But just imagine what would happen if they devoted all their resource to Muay Thai. I bet they they would dominate the stadiums in no time!
I'd imagine Petchtanong doing pretty well in 67 kg weight class in stadiums. Not alot of competition.

I'm not sure what your point is. If anything this just proves my point. Banchamek didn't train Buakaw, Superbon or Petchtanong into the fighters they are today, stadium gyms did.
Cool not really arguing against that.

I'd imagine Petchtanong doing pretty well in 67 kg weight class in stadiums. Not alot of competition.
Any decent fighter from 140lbs would be able to beat Petchtanong, let alone someone like Manasak. He's 30, his prime was probably about a decade ago.

Any decent fighter from 140lbs would be able to beat Petchtanong. He's 30, his prime was probably about a decade ago.
true

he looks like a chubby 17 year old though haha. Not like the kind of guy that kicks people in their face

Any decent fighter from 140lbs would be able to beat Petchtanong, let alone someone like Manasak. He's 30, his prime was probably about a decade ago.
and yet somehow he is the best 65kg kickboxer in kunlun like kaew is in k1. It is just crazy all the talk that stadium fighters in their prime can not have success in kickboxing while guys passed their prime who would not be stadium champions anymore are the best the sport of kickboxing has to offer

Sangmanee vs Superlek on thursday. Who do you think will win?

It has just come to my attention that the 2016 sport writers' FOY Phet-Utong is apparently brother of renown Fahsuchon Sit Or (2000 FOY, The Teep Master, etc).

Siamfightmag's Fahsuchon interview doesn't mention Phet-Utong. Guess, he wasn't big enough back in 2013. It does mention though, that Fahsuchon has 4 brothers and all of them do MT. I wonder, who the rest of them are, and do the stand out. Any info on them?

The interview: http://www.siamfightmag.com/en/muaythai-en/interviews-muaythai-en/thai-boxers-en/763-fahsuchon-sit-o

Add: BTW, what is Or. Kwanmuang? I know, it's for Aswin Kwanmuang, current Bangkok governor, but is there such thing as Or. Kwanmuang Gym or smth? All I know is that Seksan Or. Kwanmuang actually trains in Sor.Sommai, but still bears Or. Kwanmuang as a ring name.

Last edited:
BTW, what is Or. Kwanmuang? I know, it's for Aswin Kwanmuang, current Bangkok governor, but is there such thing as Or. Kwanmuang Gym or smth? All I know is that Seksan Or. Kwanmuang actually trains in Sor.Sommai, but still bears Or. Kwanmuang as a ring name.

I read somewhere recently that the governor of Bangkok just sponsors these guys who bear his name. there is no Kwanmuang Gym as far as I know, he just "bought" their fight name to promote himself.

and yet somehow he is the best 65kg kickboxer in kunlun like kaew is in k1. It is just crazy all the talk that stadium fighters in their prime can not have success in kickboxing while guys passed their prime who would not be stadium champions anymore are the best the sport of kickboxing has to offer

Shut the hell up! You may cause someone to contemplate and we can't have that.

Add: BTW, what is Or. Kwanmuang? I know, it's for Aswin Kwanmuang, current Bangkok governor, but is there such thing as Or. Kwanmuang Gym or smth? All I know is that Seksan Or. Kwanmuang actually trains in Sor.Sommai, but still bears Or. Kwanmuang as a ring name.
No, Pet Utong trains at Sor Sommai as well. But Kwanmuang has some sort of stake in the gym with Sommai Sakulmetta. He's easy to spot at the stadiums, he's the guy who always wears the fedora. I think I read that he's a former detective as well. As far as I know, if a fighter has the name Or Kwanmuang, then they're a Sor. Sommai fighter.

Last edited:
Back