Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Does anyone know if the lineup for the next Rangsit true4u event has been announced? I thought I heard them saying something on the most recent broadcast about Satanmuanglek vs Sam D, Wanchai vs Diesellek, and Rit vs Jaroenpon or something. It sounded really good.
i am trying to find the card but i do believe this week should be the continuation of the 8 man league tournament for 1 million baht

i am trying to find the card but i do believe this week should be the continuation of the 8 man league tournament for 1 million baht
So, is the deal that everyone fights one another and whoever has the best record at the end wins?

So, who are the 8 guys?

Last edited:
So, is the deal that everyone fights one another and whoever has the best record at the end wins?

So, who are the 8 guys?
You fight every one in your group and the 2 from each group with the most points fights each other again to reach the final is how I think this one is being done.

It is the 8 guys listed on that true4u webpage yodsannan posted. It is just those were the Match ups for the first round of the tournament that was held march 3.

Last edited:
Have there been any tournament with big names in them in the recent past? There was the King Fighter tournament in 2014 with Superbank, Sangmanee, Superlek and Sam-A and the Toyota Marathon tournament in 2014. But this is the biggest I've seen in a while. That 5 star chicken tournament back in the day was amazing, I haven't had the privileged of ever having got to see anything like that.

You fight every one in your group and the 2 from each group with the most points fights each other again to reach the final is how I think this one is being done.

It is the 8 guys listed on that true4u webpage yodsannan posted. It is just those were the Match ups for the first round of the tournament that was held march 3.

Ok, I wasn't sure when it had started because Satanmuanglek and Wanchai fought each other in true4u a few months ago and I thought maybe that was part of the tournament.

Tournament results so far:

March 3: Satanmuanglek wins vs Prewpark
Sam D wins vs Wanchai
Diesellek wins vs Chopper

March 10: Thongnoi wins vs Rit

Have there been any tournament with big names in them in the recent past? There was the King Fighter tournament in 2014 with Superbank, Sangmanee, Superlek and Sam-A and the Toyota Marathon tournament in 2014. But this is the biggest I've seen in a while. That 5 star chicken tournament back in the day was amazing, I haven't had the privileged of ever having got to see anything like that.
Not really anything with this magnitude of star power and depth combined. There were a couple toyota marathons thru out the last couple of years where we have gotten 2 really good and 2 decent thais. I remember that petpanomrung beat aranchai in the semis and kwankhao in the finals in the last one of 2015 i think. I think nong-o beat petboonchu in the finals in what was a decent field and Of course you already have listed the great saenchai vs singdam kick battle in the finals of 2014. It seems looking back there was a couple of years were petchyindee would just use there b squad for these tournaments they produced

Last edited:
Too bad muay thai can't come up with the same type of prize money as kickboxing does. Then we could put on tournament with proper world class fighters, just like k1 is doing with their 70kg tournament. Instead we just have to watch helplessly as talents of the calibre of Sanny Dalbeck, Jordan Watson and Hiroki Nakajima slip through our fingers. Until then we'll just have to make do with fights between talentless subhuman midgets that no one cares about. Such is life.

Lol.

I enjoy talking about fights and fighters rather than making straw man arguments.

It's not like your points have gone unnoticed here. If there are so many ignorant about muay thai combas sport fans on the internet this subforum is probably the least ignorant one. I'm getting bored of all the sarcasm and i'm sure many others are too. Your expertise would be alot more appreciated if not every other comment was sarcastic.

zzzzzzzzzzz................................................

Lol.

I enjoy talking about fights and fighters rather than making straw man arguments.

It's not like your points have gone unnoticed here. If there are so many ignorant about muay thai combas sport fans on the internet this subforum is probably the least ignorant one. I'm getting bored of all the sarcasm and i'm sure many others are too. Your expertise would be alot more appreciated if not every other comment was sarcastic.

zzzzzzzzzzz................................................

Well, kinda pointless, since most kickboxers don't compete in muay thai because the money is bad.

Kickboxers don't get brought in for muay thai, they'd need to prove themselves first. Thai's don't have to do the same for kickboxing but for some reason the rest of the world owes them opportunities.

If so then same should go for the stadiums which doesn't seem to be the case, either.

It isn't a straw man. People on here actually believe that if Muay Thai paid like kickboxing did, then there would be a sudden influx of foreign talent (who would otherwise be in kickboxing) who would dominate the weight classes. There is no other way to interpret their bullshit.

Back in the day, fools like Brocktirement and stmarcus used to claim that the Thai's weren't really by far the best muay thai practitioners from 145lb to 155lb, because the guys from Europe didn't try their hand at muay thai, because the money in kickboxing was so much better. But if they did then the Thais wouldn't looks so special. This is clearly factually inaccurate since many notable kickboxers from 145lb to 155lb have also done muay thai, and haven't ever accomplished anything notable. Not to mention the fact that there are foreign fighters who compete from 100lbs to 140lbs. What's their excuse? It isn't like there's another game in town for those guys. Kickboxing has only got going with consistent fights at 65kg relatively recently and next to nothing below that. And yet, surprise, surprise, no foreign fighters from those weight classes have accomplished anything in muay thai either.

And just the other day Yodsanan, Shadess, and Snubnoze707 were claiming that kickboxers are not adequately represented at the highest levels in muay thai. This is because either they choose not to compete because the money in kickboxing is superior or because there is a conspiracy on the part of stadium promoters to keep the kickboxers from getting opportunities to fight elite thais, for fear that they would clean up. But I guess that if they did they would have comparable success to Thais in kickboxing? And that this was a clear double standard because kickboxing promoters often extend the olive branch to Thais to fight at the highest level, although they admit not nearly as much as they extend it to nonthais. None of this is factually correct for the same reasons Brocktirement and stmarcus are obviously wrong. Kickboxers do get to fight good thais in international muay thai all the time. There are almost no kickboxers who fight from 100lb to 135lb for the Thai promoters to prevent from getting high level stadium opportunities and even if there were the promoters would be totally justified in not bringing them in without proving themselves. Because when kickboxers fight good thais from 145lb to 155lb they get molliwopped, pretty much without fail. So there is obviously no reason to think that if there were kickboxers fighting from 100lbs-140lbs and getting opportunities against elite Thais that they would do any better. In fact there is good reason to think that they would do far worse, since the majority of the talent in muay thai is at those weights. This is very much in contrast to kickboxing where good Thais have done extremely well, despite the fact that the main divisions that they compete in is not where the heart of Thailand's talent is concentrated. Morons like Yodsanan, Shadess and Snubnoze707 aren't any different from Brocktirement and stmarcus, except that they actually believe their own bullshit. I guess that the Thai dominance of muay thai is just based on smoke and mirrors, after all.

See these threads for a sampling of the bullshit I'm referring to:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/muay-thai-is-too-overrated-on-these-forums.2699897/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-kickfighting-establishment-is-rotten-to-the-core.3499125/

Last edited:
It isn't a straw man. People on here actually believe that if Muay Thai paid like kickboxing did, then there would be a sudden influx of foreign talent (who would otherwise be in kickboxing) who would dominate the weight classes. There is no other way to interpret their bullshit.

I've tried to argue with you for a while, but just fuck off for now. I never said any of that bullshit you're impliying in there, and you keep quoting shit out of context and putting your twist onto it, to support your own stupid constructed arguments.

Last edited:

Back in the day, fools like Brocktirement and stmarcus used to claim that the Thai's weren't really by far the best muay thai practitioners from 145lb to 155lb, because the guys from Europe didn't try their hand at muay thai, because the money in kickboxing was so much better. But if they did then the Thais wouldn't looks so special. This is clearly factually inaccurate since many notable kickboxers from 145lb to 155lb have also done muay thai, and haven't ever accomplished anything notable. Not to mention the fact that there are foreign fighters who compete from 100lbs to 140lbs. What's their excuse? It isn't like there's another game in town for those guys. Kickboxing has only got going with consistent fights at 65kg relatively recently and next to nothing below that. And yet, surprise, surprise, no foreign fighters from those weight classes have accomplished anything in muay thai either.

And just the other day Yodsanan, Shadess, and Snubnoze707 were claiming that kickboxers are not adequately represented at the highest levels in muay thai. This is because either they choose not to compete because the money in kickboxing is superior or because there is a conspiracy on the part of stadium promoters to keep the kickboxers from getting opportunities to fight elite thais, for fear that they would clean up. But I guess that if they did they would have comparable success to Thais in kickboxing? And that this was a clear double standard because kickboxing promoters often extend the olive branch to Thais to fight at the highest level, although they admit not nearly as much as they extend it to nonthais. None of this is factually correct for the same reasons Brocktirement and stmarcus are obviously wrong. Kickboxers do get to fight good thais in international muay thai all the time. There are almost no kickboxers who fight from 100lb to 135lb for the Thai promoters to prevent from getting high level stadium opportunities and even if there were the promoters would be totally justified in not bringing them in without proving themselves. Because when kickboxers fight good thais from 145lb to 155lb they get molliwopped, pretty much without fail. So there is obviously no reason to think that if there were kickboxers fighting from 100lbs-140lbs and getting opportunities against elite Thais that they would do any better. In fact there is good reason to think that they would do far worse, since the majority of the talent in muay thai is at those weights. This is very much in contrast to kickboxing where good Thais have done extremely well, despite the fact that the main divisions that they compete in is not where the heart of Thailand's talent is concentrated. Morons like Yodsanan, Shadess and Snubnoze707 aren't any different from Brocktirement and stmarcus, except that they actually believe their own bullshit. I guess that the Thai dominance of muay thai is just based on smoke and mirrors, after all.

See these threads for a sampling of the bullshit I'm referring to:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/muay-thai-is-too-overrated-on-these-forums.2699897/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-kickfighting-establishment-is-rotten-to-the-core.3499125/
Okay i see your point but i don't know the context of those comments. I can somewhat see a point in Yodsanans comment too: What euro kickboxers are there under 65 kg? I don't think i know any except the few guys that competed in some recent K-1 events but i don't know their names or achievements. If they went to fight in stadiums their purse would be low and they'd not be very succesful anyway. Not alot of incitament to try then i guess. The ones that do somewhat well have to train muay thai full time. I don't think Yodsanan meant that kickboxers would go dominate in muay thai if the pay was higher lol.

Of course the talent pool is bigger im thailand but I wish the purse for 140+ lbs stadium fights was higher though so that more thais would fight in those divisions. I mean come on, 70 kg division has been dominated by thais that would never have been able to stay at the top for so long if they stayed at lower divisions. And 72 division dominated by a non thai.

to try then i guess. Th I don't think Yodsanan meant that kickboxers would go dominate in muay thai if the pay was higher lol.

So, then what does his remark about kickboxers not competing in muay thai due to the pay have to do with anything?

I've tried to argue with you for a while, but just fuck off for now. I never said that any of that bullshit you're impliying in there, and you keep quoting shit out of context and putting your twist onto it, to support your own stupid constructed arguments.
I'm not even sure what position you are trying to argue for? I'm not sure you even do. You admit that the Thais get a raw deal, relative to nonthais, and that they would dominate their weight classes kickboxing, if given the chance, and that this makes kickboxing not a real sport. But what? Do you seriously believe that kickboxers are having to deal with the same problems? Or that there is some kind of double standard here? Are you that dumb?

So, then what does his remark about kickboxers not competing in muay thai due to the pay have to do with anything?
Maybe that more kickboxers would at least try? Kickboxing is just easier money if you're only a decent in muay thai. I don't ever see a guy like Matt Embree having a purse of 200 000 baht in stadiums but can probably make something like that in Glory. Even harder for other "pure kickboxers"

Does anyone know what Top King paid Matt Embree for his fight against Petchboonchu?

Maybe that more kickboxers would at least try? Kickboxing is just easier money if you're only a decent in muay thai. I don't ever see a guy like Matt Embree having a purse of 200 000 baht in stadiums but can probably make something like that in Glory. Even harder for other "pure kickboxers"

Does anyone know what Top King paid Matt Embree for his fight against Petchboonchu?
Maybe, but having more guys like Matt Embree in muay thai wouldn't change the lack of precedent of kickboxers succeeding in muay thai. This was the context in which he said that "well we don't see many kickboxers in muay thai anyway because the pay is bad". Which is flat out untrue and even if we add the relatively small number of "pure" kickboxers to the mix, this would not in any way alter the muay thai landscape. There would still be the same number of nonthais succeeding in muay thai, next to none.

Coca's brought up the same point about how zero kickboxers have ever succeeded in muay thai. And it isn't, contrary to popular belief, for lack of trying or money.

What is it with all the notable Thai fighters being all buddy buddy with one another outside the ring? They seem to all be friends on social media and seem to really like hanging out with one another outside the ring and what not, even though they mostly aren't from the same camp. And not just this generation either, all the golden era legends seem to be facebook buddies.

Back