Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Should of made this comment more subtle. It would of been more believable. Saying I said Varga would beat Kaew just shows your comments bs.
Do you think i should be more subtle with the tanning salon and science lab comments? You did say Adamchuk and Varga are better than any competition he has in K-1. But yeah i should have been more clear about me joking. At least i'm not constantly being passive aggressive about it and creating threads about it refusing to accept it when i'm wrong.

Do you guys not understand the concept of styles making fights. Its like putting a decent kickboxer in the ring against Marat and he manages to out slick and beat marat. You put that same fighter in with sittichai and sittichai schools him yet Marat gives sittichai problems. That fighter that out slicked Marat is not as aggressive as marat. He's more of a thinker but the problem is sittichai is way more experienced so he has time to find his rhythm and is more comfortable with the pace which allows him to tee off on him.

There are some good Japanese kickboxers in K1 and there is no point in arguing which promotion has better fighters but K1 145 has a lot of fighters from Japan who all have a similar type of style. Kaew has had I think 12 K1 fights so far and 8 of which have all been Japanese. Massaro Glunder who conveniently has a dutch style has been Kaews hardest opponent.

I swear everything is an argument on here. None of this even matters.

Can't we all just relax, sit back and bask in the glory of yet again another dramatic fun Takeru fight?

Do you guys not understand the concept of styles making fights. Its like putting a decent kickboxer in the ring against Marat and he manages to out slick and beat marat. You put that same fighter in with sittichai and sittichai schools him yet Marat gives sittichai problems. That fighter that out slicked Marat is not as aggressive as marat. He's more of a thinker but the problem is sittichai is way more experienced so he has time to find his rhythm and is more comfortable with the pace which allows him to tee off on him.

There are some good Japanese kickboxers in K1 and there is no point in arguing which promotion has better fighters but K1 145 has a lot of fighters from Japan who all have a similar type of style. Kaew has had I think 12 K1 fights so far and 8 of which have all been Japanese. Massaro Glunder who conveniently has a dutch style has been Kaews hardest opponent.
I think Kaew might be able to beat Sittichai in a kickboxing bout, if they fought right now. Kaew looked alot better on the outside against Salvador than Sittichai did, it was pretty much all one way traffic. Salvador just used his size in the clinch and even then you could argue that Kaew should have won. All the fights Sittichai has had against Salvador have been close, even the last one was close until he stopped him. And Kaew would be fighting someone who would hang back and wait and let him find his rhythm. Not like a Dutch stylist, like Glunder, who gives Kaew problems.

I think Kaew might be able to beat Sittichai in a kickboxing bout, if they fought right now.
Sittichai too big for Kaew.

And Kaew would be fighting someone who would hang back and wait and let him find his rhythm. Not like a Dutch stylist, like Glunder, who gives Kaew problems.
Yeah but the big difference is this someone is another Thai who is experienced. Stop trolling

Well dude you were the one comparing them i just thought it was unrealistic that Varga was better than all the competition in K-1 I mever thought he was that impressive. Everyone understands that styles make fights

Sittichai too big for Kaew.

Yeah but the big difference is this someone is another Thai who is experienced. Stop trolling

Yeah, but Sittichai isn't a proper 70kg fighter and under k1 rules he wouldn't be allowed to clinch at all, so size wouldn't be much of a factor. Under k1 rules Kaew would beat sittichai for sure.

If anything that line of thinking applies more to Sittichai than to Kaew. Look what happened the last time Sittichai fought a decent thai, his game got totally shut down, he couldn't do what he was used to getting away with. Kaew was undeniably the better muay thai fighter, his record against other thais is way better than Sittichai's.

You said yourself that Sittichai is "a thinker" so Kaew would find his rhythm no problem.

Yeah, but Sittichai isn't a proper 70kg fighter and under k1 rules he wouldn't be allowed to clinch at all, so size wouldn't be much of a factor. Under k1 rules Kaew would beat sittichai for sure.
Sittichai doesn't need the clinch against Kaew. I actually think he's a better boxer (within kickboxing).

Look what happened the last time Sittichai fought a decent thai
And look what happened the time before that. There was talk of sittichai being injured in the last superbon fight but its not fair to superbon to use that as an excuse. Your comparing a 155 pounder to a 145 pounder. A orthodox to a southpaw. 2 fighters with different styles.

Kaew was undeniably the better muay thai fighter, his record against other thais is way better than Sittichai's.
Being the better Muaythai fighter doesn't automatically make you the better kickboxer.

You said yourself that Sittichai is "a thinker" so Kaew would find his rhythm no problem.
Sittichai is a little different to your average thinker in kickboxing.

K-1 has announced heavyweight tournament on November 23rd.
They just went full retard, starting a tournament in such a "stacked" division.

K-1 has announced heavyweight tournament on November 23rd.
They just went full retard, starting a tournament in such a "stacked" division.

I see what you're saying but there is place for heavyweight if they choose a decent line-up.

With the likes of Saki and Ghita wanting to come back, Badr Hari soon out of jail, Rico may be allowed to compete too (not sure if Glory would let him though) and then a couple of skilled upcoming fighters, it could make for an interesting tournament if you try to forget how good K-1 HW was back on the 90's.

Look at their 70 kg line up...if that is the best they can do then hw would be much worse.

Watch the latest K-1 heavyweight fight and imagine 4 of those Japanese fighters competing and gassing in one day tournament.
Remember that the economy of this K-1 is all about increasing chance of the Japanese winning to drive ticket sales and draw local viewers. They virtually have no foreign TV deal and thus no need to get foreign stars to compete.

The best fighter in the tournament is probably going to be Ibrahim El Bouni.

Saki and Ghita are not going fight in one day tournament when they have more attractive deal to fight in their own countries/Europe.

Rico is not going to fight outside Glory for K-1 Japan.

I see what you're saying but there is place for heavyweight if they choose a decent line-up.

With the likes of Saki and Ghita wanting to come back, Badr Hari soon out of jail, Rico may be allowed to compete too (not sure if Glory would let him though) and then a couple of skilled upcoming fighters, it could make for an interesting tournament if you try to forget how good K-1 HW was back on the 90's.
first of all there is not even 8 decent hw fighters in the entire world and second they can not use the guys under glory contracts so that means we are getting all guys who are not even top 10

first of all there is not even 8 decent hw fighters in the entire world and second they can not use the guys under glory contracts so that means we are getting all guys who are not even top 10

You're being dramatic. The HW division isn't what is used to be but they can get 8 decent heavyweights from across the world. I listed already 4 names of top heayweights who could be options. Get in also other guys like Hesdy Gerges, Andrey Gerasimchuk and Benjamin Adegbuyi and you could have a pretty decent tournament. Even a guy like Artem Vakhitov could do good in a HW tournament IMO.

To your second point about glory retaining their fighters, how did rico fight and lose in Kunlun while under Glory contract then? A lot of the heavyweights I listed above fight for glory and also fight in other KB organisations too.

RIco in Kunlun was in early 2015 when nobody in Glory had any idea what something weird called Kunlun in China was. Varga before for example was fairly straight about Glory not really letting him fight in K-1 while random one offs in China were okay.

They could do an okay HW tournament but they definitely have to break the mould of half the tournament Japanese fighters to do it.

Last edited:
You're being dramatic. The HW division isn't what is used to be but they can get 8 decent heavyweights from across the world. I listed already 4 names of top heayweights who could be options. Get in also other guys like Hesdy Gerges, Andrey Gerasimchuk and Benjamin Adegbuyi and you could have a pretty decent tournament. Even a guy like Artem Vakhitov could do good in a HW tournament IMO.

To your second point about glory retaining their fighters, how did rico fight and lose in Kunlun while under Glory contract then? A lot of the heavyweights I listed above fight for glory and also fight in other KB organisations too.
you listed saki,ghita,rico,badr who individually all demand more in a single fight purse than k1 japan spends on an entire event. What you are trying to say is not realistic in the least and might as well just be another one of jaymt's crazy fantasies.

Seconded of all outside of the one time glory let marat fight for k1 they have been vary vocal about if they are not using you they will let you fight anywhere but k1.

Out of both your posts the only fighters who have listed that are not signed with glory are badr (I have already coved why that is not feasible not to mention he would have to fight straight out of jail) so you are left with gershamachuk

you listed saki,ghita,rico,badr who individually all demand more in a single fight purse than k1 japan spends on an entire event. What you are trying to say is not realistic in the least and might as well just be another one of jays crazy fantasies.

Seconded of all outside of the one time glory let marat fight for k1 they have been vary vocal about if they are not using you they will let you fight anywhere but k1.

Out of both your posts the only fighters who have listed that are not signed with glory are badr (I have already coved why that is not feasible not to mention he would have to fight straight out of jail) so you are left with gershamachuk

Time will tell. Those are all speculations. I'm just saying your statement of there not even being 8 top level heavyweights in the world is very drastic and dramatic. I don't agree with it. Can they sign those top fighters? That's a different story.

You also don't know if k-1 wouldn't pay Badr enough for him to fight in their tournament, him alone could drive crazy publicity to their event both in Japan but most important worldwide. You can't just can't it out.

Again, time will tell.

They probably sign a bunch of football players, sumos and mma fighters and make a freakshow tournament.

Back