Rate your neighborhood... do you like where you're living at currently?

9/10

I live in Kitsilano in Vancouver. Tons of great restaurants, bars and shopping around. The only time I use my car is when I'm going to work. Always hot girls out and about. I'm a 5 minute walk to the beach. The only drawback is cost of living.

1681992_original.jpg

Last edited:
Vasatastan-1150x500.jpg
It's decent. There are restaurants, bars, stores within seconds of me leaving our apartment. I do however despise the climate here.

I rate it 6,5/10! It used to be 8/10 but we are considering using our savings to buy a house in one of the more nicer suburbs in a couple of years.

My neighborhood is much better than it used to be. It's a newer subdivision and a lot of people were getting 0 down loans for the house. Since the taxes were being calculated based on an empty lot they taxes rose by quite a bit once they appraised it for the new year. My neighbor told me that one point their were over 60 houses in forclosure. I never noticed cause I dont talk to anyone and I keep to myself.

My main issue is I moved farther out then I wanted to then on top of that my job ended up relocating me farther out from that. So my commute went up like 30 minutes instead of just the 10 from moving. So now I have to stay here for a bit pay down the house and hope I can at least sell it and make enough for another down payment and move closer into town. Probably be another 3 years at least though. Been making extra payments on my house though so maybe that'll add up enough to do it sooner. On top of that the housing market is doing well in my area. Thought oil prices dropping would hurt us bad but apparently not, or at least not yet.

I give it an 8/10, but we are about to move. It's pretty quiet, mainly older/retired couples here with 2 other households with young kids like us. Not stacked on top of each other, which is good. The shittiest thing is that practically every yard here is manicured since these geriatrics can spend 5 hours a day pruning things. I just said fuck it and pay my neighbor down the road $40 to mow

I love where I live now. Haven't met my neighbours yet.

Driving is a major problem. Lot of old folk here who drive like they're heading towards their grave or some shit. They put up one of those speed cameras that tells you how fast you're going, and starts blinking whenever you're over 50. No one should give a shit, but it scares the fuck out of people and they're always slamming on the brakes and driving 20 under the limit just in case

745760.gif

Are you still in Medicine Hat area? My sister lives there and whenever I drive in that city I'm basically in a constant state of losing my shit. I feel like everyone on the road there is either 90 years old or barely 16 and just got their driver's license. Super hesitant drivers and I find myself constantly shouting "Go!".

Are you still in Medicine Hat area? My sister lives there and whenever I drive in that city I'm basically in a constant state of losing my shit. I feel like everyone on the road there is either 90 years old or barely 16 and just got their driver's license. Super hesitant drivers and I find myself constantly shouting "Go!".

Shit bro it's a nightmare here

Whenever I go to Calgary there's millions more cars but driving is a pleasure. Everyone has some place to go and shit. No fucking about in Calgary

9/10
I live near a vineyard owned by a friend of mine, Shadowbrook Vineyards.
his name is Tim Jockner, really good guy.

I live on Northgate Woods Ct. nearby. superb location, great neighbors.
about a mile or so from jack savage's aunt and uncle.

You sound old...

Somerville, MA
Think of Brooklyn, but in Boston instead of NYC.

I rate it 9/10, but I love hipster bullshit and your tolerance may vary. There is an eclectic arts scene, amazing restaurants, and lots of things to do. It is also extremely densely packed and expensive. It helps that I bought my place right before the housing prices started to explode. I'm guessing my condo's value has risen by a third in the last 4 years. My neighborhood is pretty quiet, but located in a super convenient location. There are some good hole in the wall burrito places in my neighborhood, but I have to travel a bit to find decent pizza.

Somerville, MA
Think of Brooklyn, but in Boston instead of NYC.

I rate it 9/10, but I love hipster bullshit and your tolerance may vary. There is an eclectic arts scene, amazing restaurants, and lots of things to do. It is also extremely densely packed and expensive. It helps that I bought my place right before the housing prices started to explode. I'm guessing my condo's value has risen by a third in the last 4 years. My neighborhood is pretty quiet, but located in a super convenient location. There are some good hole in the wall burrito places in my neighborhood, but I have to travel a bit to find decent pizza.
I partially grew up in Somerville. Yeah, an interesting mix of white trash, immigrants, yuppies and hipsters. Haven't lived there in about 15 years, though. Haven't been back in a few years too. Anna's Taqueria is awesome. Yeah, looking back the pizza was pretty shit. I used to go to this Greek pizza joint in Davis Square a lot. There was also an Italian pizza place on Highland Ave. up near the hospital, but they were nothing special either.

I live in a rural area. I bought my house 2 years ago. Within rock throwing distance is an old 60's mobile home. It looks pretty bad. I bought my house figuring Oh that place won't last long, they'll be gone before long..

Well wrong. Over the last 2 years I've made somewhat friends with them. It's a 2 bedroom trailer, theres been as many as 11 people living on the property at once.. it has decreased to 4 recently which is much better. the yard has basically turned into a junkyard of old cars and lawn mowers. They sell weed, which doesn't really bother me as much as the people I don't know coming up a shared driveway to buy some.

Also most of them live off the government. Unnecessarily. Their dog is friends with my dog, but I can't keep my yard clean bc he's always dragging shit around and tearing up.

Fortunately I have never had any problems with them messing with my stuff, an elderly lady that lives there is quick to call if she sees any car she doesn't recognize pull in my driveway.

All in all, I live in a very nice country area, have a nice starter home, but I'll be soo glad when the neighbors either get busted for the dope, or the trailer falls in on itself and they leave (hopefully)

10/10

I live in the burbs of a CT coastal town on a 3/4 acre lot. My wife's family are probably the only "ethnic" looking people on our street of white folks. Very close to the interstate, and shopping is only 10 minutes away.

I'm in The Woodlands, TX and I love it. Do I wish i was on a beach in a gated community? Sure, but I can't complain. My neighborhood is awesome. We have quite a few families from Mexico on our block that use our neighborhood as a second/third home. One guy owns a Mexican baseball team. We have an interesting mix of cultures, but it works. Everyone gets along.

We have monkeys too in my area. In certain ways it's like living in a Third World country, but I like it for the most part. :)

Wait. There's wild monkeys in Florida? How the fuck did that happen? Isn't there already a bunch of snakes and other invasive species that were randomly introduced by accident?

2/10
very poor (poorest incorporated city in San Bernadino county)
routinely 120+ in the summer
double murder last Friday a few blocks from my house

would not recommend

I'm in The Woodlands, TX and I love it. Do I wish i was on a beach in a gated community? Sure, but I can't complain. My neighborhood is awesome. We have quite a few families from Mexico on our block that use our neighborhood as a second/third home. One guy owns a Mexican baseball team. We have an interesting mix of cultures, but it works. Everyone gets along.
might not have a beach, but plenty of gated communities in the Woodlands and Montgomery Co haha

Back