Rate your neighborhood... do you like where you're living at currently?

7/10. My town is great. Suburbs with a main st that has a ton of great food places and fun bars. 15 from beach, 45 from NYC, 45 from Hamptons. But my house is a little to close to High School, so morning buses suck.

I live in a middle-class suburb. It's ok. Everyone's quiet and tidy, lights out by 11 type of people. The only shitty thing is that my street connects two major routes so it gets more traffic than it should for a small subdivision.

I gotta get more land in the country some day, but this does us well for now.

so basically you're homeless and live behind whatever shrub is big enough.
coolio

There is nothing wrong with being homeless and living in bushes from time to time. It's a viable strategy.

10/10

I live in a small village in the country. Good neighbours, great place to ride a bike or go hiking. Also, no crime, once I accidentally left the front door wide open all day, nothing was stolen.
I havent locked my house up in 2 years

9/10

I live in a brand new condo above a brand new mall which is mostly full of nice restaurants of every variety and a supermarket.

There is a brand new underground train line going through my neighbourhood. Its a 2 mins walk to the station and a 15 minute train to the city.

I'm also directly next to the original abandoned railway in Singapore built more than 100yrs ago which is a great place for walks and very old and rural looking/picturesque which is rare here.

Zero crime obviously.

Only complaint is that there isn't much cheap food around.

10/10

Only an hour from the biggest city in Canada, but only 15 minutes from the middle of nowhere.

Nice, safe middle class subdivision, next to no crime.

5 minutes to the beach and good food.

2 hours to the cottage.

0 complaints at all.

10/10. It is about 150m until you hit my end of the driveway and my house is surrounded by trees so I never have to see the neighbours. Backs onto the river, which allows me to boat down to the harbour all of 800m to be able to go to a variety of restaurants without having to worry about parking.

10/10

Only an hour from the biggest city in Canada, but only 15 minutes from the middle of nowhere.

Nice, safe middle class subdivision, next to no crime.

5 minutes to the beach and good food.

2 hours to the cottage.

0 complaints at all.

Somebody is really for the zombie apocalypse, good thinking there chief

9/10.

No gun/knife crime where I live. I live in a big house, with the town center (pubs, restaurants, shops) literally one road away. I have a shop/off license with a cafe and a good diner about a 30 second walk from me.

Train station about a 2 minute walk, which also has a bowling alley. And the best part, a great long beach right behind my house, with a castle and a tennis court, lots of swimming pools/gyms and hotels as well.

Place I live is a mix of suburb, college town, and old town main street feel. Got lot's of food places and bars within walking distance, while not having to deal with big city problems like shit parking or traffic. The college kids around here are terrible though. If it weren't for them I'd never move out of this place. Just a bunch of rich entitled spoiled brats who drive like assholes and piss off most the neighbors around here. Fuck em.

I love my neighborhood in the north side of Chicago. It's more laid back than some of the other neighborhoods between me and downtown. Close to several modes of public transit. Everything is easy to walk to. It's a bit expensive but well worth it.

Honestly if I didn't live in the city, I'd live in the country. I find suburbs to be very disturbing. The same chain stores in strip malls strategically placed every five to ten miles. Same cookie cutter homes.. very homogeneous.. everything closes early. Not much character at all.

Or if I had to live in a suburban area I wouldn't do it in Chicago. I could live in suburbs anywhere and I'd rather do it in a warm place preferably near a beach.

8/10

I live within walking distance of the beach. Property values are going up. Low crime area. No major problems.

I mentioned that I live near a jungle trail. People would go there & feed the monkeys on top of the trail. Apparently, a family of them were probably driven out & you can hear & see the trees swaying a month ago. There's this white expat who keeps leaving them food near the roadside daily. Now the monkeys are multiplying & are crossing the road, getting more brazen. It would probably be a month or 2 before these critters starts entering other people's houses. All because of some white expat who finds them cute.
We have monkeys too in my area. In certain ways it's like living in a Third World country, but I like it for the most part. :)

Driving is a major problem. Lot of old folk here who drive like they're heading towards their grave or some shit. They put up one of those speed cameras that tells you how fast you're going, and starts blinking whenever you're over 50. No one should give a shit, but it scares the fuck out of people and they're always slamming on the brakes and driving 20 under the limit just in case

745760.gif

10/10. Where I live is considered a Micro City right on Lake Superior. The population is only about 20,000, but there is a University here that has about 10,000 students, a lot of which that don't get included in the census. The cost of living is reasonable and there's a good balance of night life mixed with the outdoors. There's a great music scene, but there is also a Ski Hill, and a ton of Mountain bike and ATV trails. There is an abundance of hunting and fishing that surrounds me as well.

I have a three bedroom house (which is only about 5 blocks from the downtown area) that is valued at around $120,000 and this is the view of of my back deck.

LLBQ0i7.jpg

I just took picture below on my phone the grass is a little shitty across the way because we are just coming out of winter and it's all dead.

2rJo8t2.jpg

The Crime rate is also very low here. I think there has only been about 4 murders in the past 15 years. I never lock my house when I leave and never have to lock my car doors either.

Last edited:
I live in the suburbs and like it, but I would also enjoy to live in a big city. My current neighborhood/street I would rate 8/10. Safe and quiet area. Good neighbors. Walking distance to multiple parks for my son to play. Walking distance to our HOA clubhouse which is equivalent to a resort without a golf course. Would -1 for not being walking distance to much stores. New house and location we are moving I anticipate being about the same. Suburbs again. Only one side neighbor. No rear neighbor. Side neighbor are both physicians with young kids. New park about 5 minutes walk away. Again it would be nice if there were places to go that is walking distance, but a 5 minute drive gets us to downtown and where all the action is.

i'd give my neighborhood an 8/10. great weather in this part of the city, lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. not much crime at all. the only thing i don't like about the area are all the kids running around, and sometimes the bums will walk around the area at night making noise.

It's ok but I don't really like where I'm located in relation to shit I got to get to.

My old neighborhood was a trip. Never a dull moment. I miss it sometimes.

Back