Rate your neighborhood... do you like where you're living at currently?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Do you like suburbs? Rural areas? Urban? Do you like quiet or lively neighborhoods?

I live in the suburbs. Very quiet and peaceful area. I used to like it, but it doesn't help if you're depressed.

I give my neighborhood a 7/10. My street is great. But the streets around me have too many hoodrats renting. I'm hoping that house prices will increase enough to motivate the landlords to sell, or rental prices will increase enough to kick out the scum.

Trump is cutting HUD by 6 billion, which will hurt section 8 badly, so no more subsidized housing outside of the projects.

The mean streets of Kirkland...7/10

Fairly boring, but it's an expensive area to live, with basically no crime, and my house overlooks lake Washington.
I would rather be out in the mountains though. Traffic sucks.

8/10

Peaceful & quiet with a small jungle trail with streams & pools 5 mins walk away from our door. The road is wide & lined with palm trees.

urban sprawl all day, i love where i live

There are some crazy vietnamese people across the street who throw bangers regularly and nobody ever calls the cops

6.5-7/10

2 Hondas stolen from this neighborhood last week. Other then that pretty quiet and no one bothers us. We have frequent get togethers here and the neighbors see some of our deliquent friends so I think it deters any notion of trying to break in or anything. Besides that I feel bad for anyone if we are home, people don't usually take well to extra holes in them

9/10
I live near a vineyard owned by a friend of mine, Shadowbrook Vineyards.
his name is Tim Jockner, really good guy.

I live on Northgate Woods Ct. nearby. superb location, great neighbors.
about a mile or so from jack savage's aunt and uncle.

Last edited:
3/10

About 5 blocks north I would rate as a 7/10.

My few blocks are pretty trashy. Last year had 3 shootings within 2 blocks of my house. 2 people dead and 4 wounded from that.

Oh, also last year a headshot execution in a house 4 blocks to the south in prime ghetto territory. Had to pass it riding my bike on my way home from work.

10/10

I live right next to public transit within 1 block of a supermarket, beer distributor, liquor store, strip club, whiskey/BBQ bar, Margarita/taco bar, Barcade, 2nd best cheesesteak place and a McDonald's

8/10
In a downtown burb. Its a bit hipster but thats not a terrible thing. Lots of parks and the river is 5 mins away.
I work just past the city limits so im always going against traffic

I mentioned that I live near a jungle trail. People would go there & feed the monkeys on top of the trail. Apparently, a family of them were probably driven out & you can hear & see the trees swaying a month ago. There's this white expat who keeps leaving them food near the roadside daily. Now the monkeys are multiplying & are crossing the road, getting more brazen. It would probably be a month or 2 before these critters starts entering other people's houses. All because of some white expat who finds them cute.

My folks place (house) is 9/10 in the suburbs, super calm and quiet, you can probably hear drunk teenagers rambling very late at light on the weekends but thats it, very quiet

My place (apartment) its like 5 blocks away from a subway station but super quiet as well, i like quiet 7/10

I live somewhere on this map. 10/10

mapa-nova-orleans-e-arredores.jpg

Do you like suburbs? Rural areas? Urban? Do you like quiet or lively neighborhoods?

I live in the suburbs. Very quiet and peaceful area. I used to like it, but it doesn't help if you're depressed.

I live in 3 different places throughout the year. Place #1 - Right downtown, right across from a bar that closes at 3 AM. Noisy. Stuffy neighborhood as well. But convenient. Right over the subway. Short walk to everything. 7/10. Place #2 - Perfect urban location. Close to downtown, but far enough away. Great, vibrant, inexpensive ethnic neighborhood. Close to huge shopping area but far enough away. Several beautiful parks. Close to train. 10/10. Place #3 - Right on a university campus. Quite noisy. Very convenient location otherwise, and very nice campus for walking. 9/10

I really enjoy where I live. It's in the northwest part of Chicago. Sadly my landlord sold the building and I need to leave by June. I'm probably just going to go live with my parents for the summer and save a shit ton of money. Easier than finding another place.

this sounds amazing
There are more affluent neighborhoods & the amenities in our area would classify as B-level but the jungle is great & the fact that it's only 20 min walk to my office, which is located in a techno/business park with bars & gyms, is a no-brainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back