Rate GSP's Strength of Opposition vs. Woodley's

Rate GSP's Strength of Opposition vs. Woodley's

• Total voters
Get together or STFU...

Woodley vs 2009 koscheck would have been a blast
Vs 2010 gsp .... lol

Not saying he'll be considered the BEST WW champion of all time, he'll be right up there though. How can you even say otherwise? If Woodley is able to get 6 title defenses, he'll be there with GSP and Hughes. I honestly think Woodley has fought great competition, he's just able to negate their strengths.
If he beats Colby and Usman then he’ll pass Shields as #3 and be very close to Hughes. GSP had a longer run and beat better comp than Hughes though - there’s some clear space between #1 and #2 all time WW.

Also lol at 3 guys saying GSP’s comp was very weak. He beat a few guys who Tyron faced and beat Shields, who beat Tyron.

Ridiculous.

Both are very strong. GSP has had a ton more of it though.

GSP has never faced someone as quick and powerful as Tyron Woodley with A+ wrestling defense to boot, tho Woodley has faced much better strikers than GSP.

You are parroting the same shit that we READ EVERY SINGLE time GSP fought post-Serra. GSP dominated everybody, striker, wrestler or whoever 50-45 until Shields blinded him. Then he beat Diaz (super striker BJJ cardio), Condit (Striker better than ANYBODY Woodley as fought) and went five rounds with Hendricks. Then he comes back and beats up a striker much better than anybody Woodley has fought - at MW.

Your "facts" are incredibly biased. Hieron and Koshcheck were WAY past their primes when Woodley fought them so I would hardly think you can compare them to the fighters they were when they fought GSP. Also, Shields outgrappled Maia when they fought but I guess you'll just ignore that because Woodley lost to him so that wouldn't fit your angle.

Face it: Woodley has unavenged losses where he was soundly beaten and he is not even close to being the WW GOAT. A win over the completely unproven Darren Till does nothing to affect that

Also GSP beat absolute prime Shields while illegally blinded in one eye. Woodley got his ass handed to him by old Shields at the stage of his career when GSP was running through guys.

Prime Fitch would give Woodley a very tough fight. Styles make fights and I think that would be a very interesting matchup

It's convenient saying that when you know we will never see prime GSP vs Woodley.

Comments like that have been a staple of GSP's career. "He can't beat that guy, he's never faced someone like him". Proceeds to dominate his opponent.

People are always going to say things like "he wouldn't be able beat the current guy". It happens all the time with legends or guys that are retired. There is always another guy and a fighter can't be around forever. But people will keep running their mouths no matter how many oppenents they have beat.

Woodley ain't on prime GSP's level. Dangerous matchup for sure, but GSP outclasses him.

Dude ain't considered GOAT for nothing. You guys have the memory of a goldfish.

GSP never faced anyone as good as Woodley. That's the difference between Woodley and all the other guys they used to hype as competitive against GSP.

You are parroting the same shit that we READ EVERY SINGLE time GSP fought post-Serra. GSP dominated everybody, striker, wrestler or whoever 50-45 until Shields blinded him. Then he beat Diaz (super striker BJJ cardio), Condit (Striker better than ANYBODY Woodley as fought) and went five rounds with Hendricks. Then he comes back and beats up a striker much better than anybody Woodley has fought - at MW.
I gave you a like, though one minor point - Woodley fought Condit and was beating him soundly prior to Condit’s injury. Breaks my heart to say it and the fight ended early, but Woodley was winning.

GSP never faced anyone as good as Woodley. That's the difference between Woodley and all the other guys they used to hype as competitive against GSP.
I think prime Hendricks was at least as good as Woodley. The guy was a terror. Fell off hard though.

EDIT: Also Woodley never faced anyone as good as GSP. Not even close. But he lost to guys who were less good like Rory and Shields.

Last edited:
Yea, sure, buddy. Keep telling yourself that.

One thing I didn’t get in the lead up was Woodley continuously saying ‘another up and coming prospect’ Woodley has only fought established guys except maybe Gastelum.

To me GSP always felt like a bigger deal. They’re both great at lulifying their opponents but I feel GSP did it better

Both are very strong. GSP has had a ton more of it though.

Yeah I came here to say pretty much this. I would say equal. GSP fought the best contenders available during his run. Woodley has also defended against the best during his run, and much respect to him for doing that, as it's becoming rarer for a champ to fight the legitimate contenders instead of the highest paying ones. GSP did it longer, maybe Woodley will be able to continue his run.

Woodley isn’t even close to GSP. It’s a ridiculous comparison.

Bisping? Are you talking about the guy who was getting thrashed by 50 year old Hendo? Wonderboy is a better striker than anyone GSP has ever faced period. The closest fighter style wise that GSP faced to Modern Tyron would be Hendricks, and that was as close as fights get. Tyron is just bigger, stronger, quicker, better fight IQ, better TDD, and has more variety in his strikes. I think Tyron against Prime GSP would be a great fight, a fight Tyron would win 7/10 times however. This is my opinion, I don't believe Tyron will become WW GOAT over GSP, but if they fought 1v1 now or in their primes, Tyron would defeat him more times than not.

Last edited:
The only argument people have against Georges is the fact that he methodically beat down everyone ine He fought.

Lack of KOs and a fame of being boring.

Back