Raider Nation v27: Sorry Jack, Chucky's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
V Alexander tested dirty.....at least he was trying......

A lot of the staff was just resigned, and those are Reggies people, so I dont think so.

I'll personally mail you your favorite beer if y'all take him off our hands. I'd be the happiest person on Earth.

@Final Rehab

We have two super piglets at DT now. Rooting and grinding.

We need to sign Bowman. I guess that's a Mexican standoff.......Give him a Taco and 3 mil a year and call it a day!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys think this draft is proof that they’re blaming all of defensive problems over the last two years on Ken?

How’s that?
Picking 2 OT’s in the first three rounds instead focusing on the defense. Implying that they don’t need a lot of new players because the players on the current roster are good enough and just need better coaching

Pagano was able to get a lot more out of the D, the same D that KNJ had and was able to run his scheme for. So yeah, i would say that they think they are doing better but they also know there is a lot of room for improvement especially when it comes to DT, LB's, and CB's.

Think they didnt get their #1 player (Smith) or #2 (McGlinchey) so they reached for a need at tackle given the lack of depth in this class.

They still did draft several defensive players though, and got a top tier talent.

@Final Rehab

We have two super piglets at DT now. Rooting and grinding.

We need to sign Bowman. I guess that's a Mexican standoff.......Give him a Taco and 3 mil a year and call it a day!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like both Hall and Hurst. If we have tackles that can penetrate on passing downs even if they don't get the sack they can flush the QB into Mack and Irvin (and maybe Key). I want to see Mack back up in that 15+ sack category and I think he could live there with better DT play.

Signing Bowman would help the D quite a bit also, we'll see about the money. Maybe since we didn't get Smith there will be more of a sense of urgency.

Do you guys think this draft is proof that they’re blaming all of defensive problems over the last two years on Ken?
I think protecting Carr is just a priority and RT is a weak spot and Penn is 35 and coming off of a tough injury. Oakland drafted three players on D that could have immediate impact, two of which are widely considered to have 1st round talent.

I like the optimism.

Picking 2 OT’s in the first three rounds instead focusing on the defense. Implying that they don’t need a lot of new players because the players on the current roster are good enough and just need better coaching

I think they did a decent job addressing the defence. Gruden said the OL was the priority cause of the pass rushing beasts in the afc west. Time will tell if Miller was the right choice

I like the optimism.
Diz I've been a Raider homer since before you were a twinkle in your parent's eyes. I remember being excited and intrigued by the potential of this Raider 12th round pick at LB named Reggie McKenzie. I think you get my point.

Last edited:
Didnt know Foster was a Raider fan lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back