Raider Nation V. 25 : Thanks For A Great Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oline will be great for years. Reg doing work.

Next year Mack and Coop.

Doesn't even have to be Coop next year. He's a 1st round pick so Reggie can exercise his 5th year option and put off resigning him until the following season. Reggie is a cap genius

Doesn't even have to be Coop next year. He's a 1st round pick so Reggie can exercise his 5th year option and put off resigning him until the following season. Reggie is a cap genius
This will be happening.

The core group is set for several years. It is unreal what a difference there is in this team from a few years ago. The crazy part is we havent seen close to their best years yet. They are all so young still.

Incentive for Coop to be a boss and force Reggie's hand. And Reggie is a cap genius.

Either way this offense is going to be crazy. Patterson is going to go crazy.

Now our defense needs to step up.

Yo @HeirApparent I misspoke. Not a contract year for Coop.

Last edited:
so with carr's new deal and mack looming, i know this is probably sean smith's final year am i right in thinking that? Who else might get lost in numbers crunch next year?

http://m.raiders.com/news/article-1...sactions/55397347-d8df-49c3-8abc-b55dc19919fa

The Oakland Raiders have made the following roster moves, the club announced Friday.

WAIVED THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. College
Kukwa, Anthony LS 6-2 231 Lake Erie
Mulumba, Andy LB 6-3 260 Eastern Michigan
WAIVED/NON-FOOTBALL INJURY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. College
Ball, Neiron LB 6-3 235 Florida

so with carr's new deal and mack looming, i know this is probably sean smith's final year am i right in thinking that? Who else might get lost in numbers crunch next year?

This could be Sean Smith's last year if he plays like crap. I believe he is signed through 2018 or 2019 but can be cut after next season without incurring dead money.

Aside from Smith, there are a lot of players on the roster that have expiring contracts and that can be cut without incurring dead money. Among the major contracts:

-Reggie Nelson likely won't be back after next season.
-Donald Penn and Janikowski will likely resign for less money or retire
-Taiwan Jones likely won't be back
-Lee Smith, Jelly and Autry might be expendable
-Austin Howard has a high dead cap figure and is signed through 2018, so he could be traded for a late round pick depending on how the competition at RT shakes out this season.

Last edited:
We have about 10 mil in cap room and have to sign Conley and Melifonwu. And catch a MLB on the waiver wire.

Big Reg is getting ready to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

"We need to re-sign him, and that guy over there."-Reggie Mckenzie before he signed Carr then Jackson.

I actually appreciate Gabe's season more now in hindsight. Switching positions and pretty much saying Osemele is a better player and adjusting as he did was amazing.

Cool photo of Gabe at Miss St. Obviously a passing down with him looking right yet guarding his left side. Raider for life, there.

050914-jackson-cp.jpg

Last edited:
Good post and way to step up with the thread bump Buck, I've had nothing lately.

Last edited:
Adam Schefter reports: Taiwan Jones to be released.

Sucks, has all the potential in the world but we couldn't use him effectively.

No shocker there. Hes just a trick play and return guy. Not a good one at that.

Austin Howard gone, not a shocker at least they parted ways earlier than preseason .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back