Question for Trump supporters. What's it like being a Trump supporter in public?

That's odd, I envision Democrats as struggling, hipster, millenials and envision Trump supporters as old white, old money types.

You got the outside 5-10% down right of each side.

Now also realize there's a middling 90 that're productive members of society

You got the outside 5-10% down right of each side.

Now also realize there's a middling 90 that're productive members of society

I know. My point was I dont think of only poor hicks when I think of Trump supporters.

Sorry, I generally go by what I see at his rallies

Judging all Republicans off Trump supporter rallies is the same as judging all Dems off Antifa protests and Pussy hat marches

I said it a second ago, but I thought this thread was more about the 90% rather than the crazy 10 on either end

To the Trump rally, you don't get the rational ones appearing there as they're not taking time off work for something like that

What's it like being a Trump supporter in public?

Let me just preface this by saying I am not asking this question in an antagonistic way, I only posted it in War Room because I'm sure it'll get heated regardless.

I ask because I noticed when you are in public, it is assumed that most people hate him. If you're sitting in a waiting room and segment of Trump comes up on the waiting room television, the average person can make a joke at his expense, and expects other strangers to join in. Unless perhaps you live in a rural, heavily Republican county, I notice most people keep their support for Trump hidden. Whereas, if you are a Democrat or Liberal, you can express your views in most venues and expect others to agree.

Hell, 99% of comedians and comedy sketches (like SNL) are against Donald Trump, it is trendy to mock him. Isn't it risky to be in support of him? What do you do when in public, do you keep your views to yourself?
I don't really advertise that I'm a conservative but I don't avoid it in conversation either. Its really no problem for me. ITs only teenagers and head cases that get riled enough to make things uncomfortable in political discussion.

That line to never talk religion and politics used to seem odd.

I don't really advertise that I'm a conservative but I don't avoid it in conversation either. Its really no problem for me. ITs only teenagers and head cases that get riled enough to make things uncomfortable in political discussion.

I think one should never bring up a question they aren't comfortable hearing the truth about. Like when they asked those Duck Dynasty guys their views on gay marriage and cancelled their show.

If I begin a political discussion I can't QQ when the person doesn't agree with me.

I have a question I've outlined in other threads here.

Is it simply that y'all don't see how deeply flawed and very seemingly corrupt DJT is, or that you don't care because he's got your policies?

95% of the liberals I encounter are NPC level intelligence and couldn’t answer even the basic questions, not to mention the international complexities surrounding the 16 election. So, they’re not even interested in debate, especially now that the country is kicking ass.

I routinely “told you so” my liberal friends, they have no answer.

Is it simply that y'all don't see how deeply flawed and very seemingly corrupt DJT is, or that you don't care because he's got your policies?
Trump is a flawed man. What is he doing that is corrupt?

Yes I like his policies, pro-life, defending the borders, slowing Islamic immigration, appointing judges that stand for religious freedom.

I certainly think Donald Trump is a flawed man, but I support him because I more often support his policies than those of his opponents. I mean, the question could be asked of any politician, and there are many, who gets millions of votes while being flawed and corrupt. Hillary Clinton is a good example as is her husband.

Zebby only believes you are intelligent and informed if you are White and hold a degree

He does not like not smart people. Not smart people are not smart

What's it like being a Trump supporter in public?

Let me just preface this by saying I am not asking this question in an antagonistic way, I only posted it in War Room because I'm sure it'll get heated regardless.

I ask because I noticed when you are in public, it is assumed that most people hate him. If you're sitting in a waiting room and segment of Trump comes up on the waiting room television, the average person can make a joke at his expense, and expects other strangers to join in. Unless perhaps you live in a rural, heavily Republican county, I notice most people keep their support for Trump hidden. Whereas, if you are a Democrat or Liberal, you can express your views in most venues and expect others to agree.

Hell, 99% of comedians and comedy sketches (like SNL) are against Donald Trump, it is trendy to mock him. Isn't it risky to be in support of him? What do you do when in public, do you keep your views to yourself?
I wear my Trump 2020 shirt to college SOMEDAYS (going back after I retired from the Army) depends on what class I have that day because if there are hot chicks I want to bang....99 percent of them are libs so it's not wise.

I walked downtown Portland (around pioneer courthouse Square) with it on a total of once while alone. While I consider myself capable in a fight too much shit can happen and you can't watch your back 24/7. If in mixed company I don't mind supporting Trump but I try not to alienate chicks I show interest in. Heh.

Edit: I also try not to wear Trump gear to Math class cuz I suck at math and need help. Also,so the teacher don't give me a bad grade.

I certainly think Donald Trump is a flawed man, but I support him because I more often support his policies than those of his opponents. I mean, the question could be asked of any politician, and there are many, who gets millions of votes while being flawed and corrupt. Hillary Clinton is a good example as is her husband.
I suppose there's a conversation to be had about what corrupt really means in light of the smash mouth football that is politics, where every source of money is potentially fraught with ethical dilemmas.
I don't know that everybody does something on the DL but it seems safe to assume, generally.
There are no wide eyed Joe Tynans getting into politics.

From my perspective a lot of allegations have been flung at both; Hillary has been made out to be monstrous.
I don't know how much of that to accept. Certainly some of it.
But DJT is another story, beyond the pale. He's absolutely terrible at uniting, excellent at dividing Americans against each other, and siding with foreign critics against his own law enforcement agencies.

He's harmful to rational discourse and represents the worst to be found in an American.
The day he became president, standards for what is presidential material has set the bar to clear at ankle-high.

Where I live, people look at you like you’re weird if you’re not a Trump supporter.

I wouldn't be so sure about the social outcast element. Gun control for instance, is one topic that I would imagine is a trigger point in the deep red. I don't think you'd make many friends talking gun control in some of those areas.
Seriously no one would care. You'd just be the guy with a different political opinion about gun control. If you constantly talk about it, people would just think you're a little crazy for being obsessed with politics. You might not make friends but you won't make enemies. That's the difference. If you mention that you're a conservative in liberal areas, you make enemies. You can lose your job, be cut off of from social circles, etc.

I don't know how much of that to accept. Certainly some of it.
But DJT is another story, beyond the pale. He's absolutely terrible at uniting, excellent at dividing Americans against each other, and siding with foreign critics against his own law enforcement agencies.

He's harmful to rational discourse and represents the worst to be found in an American.
The day he became president, standards for what is presidential material has set the bar to clear at ankle-high.

I disagree. I have rational discourse about Trump both good and bad every day. To me there's a certain amount of projection involved with lefties talking about abolishing the electoral college or packing the courts and then saying Trump erodes our institutions. Likewise, we have liberals basically eschewing any civility while saying Trump erodes civil culture.

As of now, I favor his policies over the alternatives. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it is what it is. And, I definitely see his flaws and I feel like I've called out things that I don't like from him (the Saudis, Syria, Jeff Sessions etc). I find I usually feel the need to defend him because he can't get a fair shake from the left, the media, Hollywood, etc. I don't care about his "grab them by the pussy" comments or things like that. It doesn't affect me. I care more that NBC (a so called impartial news org) held on to that footage and released it at a time to hurt him the most.

Also, a lot of Trump attacks also tend to be attacks his supporters as well. The wave of "you're a Nazi if you voted for him" or "you're an idiot if you voted for him" dialog has been completely insane. In someways it has turned me into a reactionary.

As far as the OP goes, I don't talk politics or religion in public. If someone wants to discuss that stuff, I'll usually do the polite thing and start playing around on my phone.

I disagree. I have rational discourse about Trump both good and bad every day. To me there's a certain amount of projection involved with lefties talking about abolishing the electoral college or packing the courts and then saying Trump erodes our institutions. Likewise, we have liberals basically eschewing any civility while saying Trump erodes civil culture.
Could you qualify that, as you should about any other group of non-Borg, with the words some of?

Back