Question for Trump supporters. What's it like being a Trump supporter in public?

casual convo with a guy I see on bike rides:

him: argh, fucking trump!
me: at least my taxes got lowered.

at that point, the guy completely lost his mind. he became so enraged, he was actually foaming at the mouth and spitting.

I support common sense. Losing your shit whilst discussing something is a reflection of ignorance, self-indugence and lack of reason.

Trump voter here.
When I'm working, I don't discuss politics too much. That can hurt if your customers don't fully agree with you.

I typically only talk politics with friends, friends at church and family members. Sometimes with a neighbor down the road who will send me a text now and then.

I'm pretty much the same. Except I don't talk politics much at church, because the congregations I'm part of is at least half politically liberal. (The church itself is theologically conservative.) When I'm at church I consider religion a more important topic than politics and don't want to be distracted by unnecessary political arguments for or against either side.

Maybe this is why I like Sherdog, it's a political outlet with many different view expressed.

Depends on the issue.

If you bring up some shit about trans people or homos getting married in their yard and you will get the response you are picturing .

Ask em about guns and you can predict it and be bang on

ask about healthcare and if rich people are screwing em over and a lot of them will sound blue as a mother fucker and you might be surprised.

Well yeah, there is a middle ground everywhere. I'm just dispelling the notion that being a Trump supporter is frowned upon everywhere you go, and that everyone is just so super duper Liberal and hates the orange Nazi, and you can just freely talk about Liberal issues everywhere and will be accepted by everyone. Its just so delusional, and clearly from a mind that has been swayed by Liberal media.

I'm pretty much the same. Except I don't talk politics much at church, because the congregations I'm part of is at least half politically liberal. (The church itself is theologically conservative.) When I'm at church I consider religion a more important topic than politics and don't want to be distracted by unnecessary political arguments for or against either side.

Maybe this is why I like Sherdog, it's a political outlet with many different view expressed.
I agree. We don't talk politics during church or sunday school. It would be after church is over.

We focus on the Bible. Politics only comes up if it's a sin issue like abortion, or LGBTQ.

No one in a red state would care. They would just think you're a bit crazy for being obsessed with talking about depressing things like transgender toilets and Donald Trump and Russia 24/7 instead of fun things like beer and football. You're not getting fired from your job or kicked out of your social circle.

I wouldn't be so sure about the social outcast element. Gun control for instance, is one topic that I would imagine is a trigger point in the deep red. I don't think you'd make many friends talking gun control in some of those areas.

Confident people have no need to show off. It’s that simple. Trump supporters are far more confident and stable than crazed liberals.

Why would someone make a joke about something on TV in a waiting room to strangers?

That’s a person lacking attention in their personal life

I get up in people's face about it. Like I'll ball up my fists and sternly tell them "I support Trump" while in their personal space.

At this point they normally say "dude what's your problem" and then I say "yeah, that's right" walking away while maintaining eye contact.

casual convo with a guy I see on bike rides:

him: argh, fucking trump!
me: at least my taxes got lowered.

at that point, the guy completely lost his mind. he became so enraged, he was actually foaming at the mouth and spitting.

I support common sense. Losing your shit whilst discussing something is a reflection of ignorance, self-indugence and lack of reason.

Ha! Although anectdotal, this random encounter is an example of what I'm talking about.

Here at work 100% of the people are college educated and generally informed and sharp people.

Out of 70 people in my office there are only a few open trump supporters. College educated suburban folk especially women do not like him.

Ha! Although anectdotal, this random encounter is an example of what I'm talking about.

It’s encounters like this thought that show just how uneducated and uninformed Trumpers are. You got your taxes lowered? lol by what? 25 bucks every 2 weeks? It’s hilarious watching these Trumpers vote against their interests time and time again because libruhls.

Republicans want to gut social security yet most of Trumpers are uneducated and lower income. The very people who will need social security yet because libruhls they continue to vote against themselves. Sad

They aren't. You're just in your echo chamber. Even on Sherdog, there are a ton of Trump supporters.

Again, I think you've been brainwashed by the media.

If Trump is so hated by everyone, and you can't say that you like him in public, How is Trump still holding massive rallies all around the country, like every other day? Because everyone hates him, right? Because people are afraid to show their support, right?

Oh', and FYI, his approval rating just climbed closer to 50%. The narrative you've been fed that everyone hates Trump, is demonstrably false.

Easy with the ad hominems there, chief.

Again, this wasn't meant to be an attack for it to warrant such a defensive response from you.

I'm not "brainwashed", I'm making an assessment based on what I see on t.v., in Universities, in public forums. I suppose those are all echo chambers?

If you guys watch UFC, even the Modelo beer commercials with Stipe Miocic seem to be a subtle stab at the POTUS... that's an echo chamber too and I'm brainwashed?

Anyone outspoken about their political beliefs in public is annoying as fuck

Anyone outspoken about their political beliefs in public is annoying as fuck

I feel like prior to social media it was more of a private manner. Now that everyone is connected we revert to tribalism.

Here at work 100% of the people are college educated and generally informed and sharp people.

Out of 70 people in my office there are only a few open trump supporters. College educated suburban folk especially women do not like him.

What's interesting is I'm always hearing about how Trump supporters are uneducated

I'm an engineer, anyone who opens their mouths about politics here or my previous job is Republican. Strong male basis swaying things of course, but engineers definitely have more than just conservative leanings

Now my wife who works in a school as a counselor is a 180 swing with her educational coworkers

Easy with the ad hominems there, chief.

Again, this wasn't meant to be an attack for it to warrant such a defensive response from you.

I'm not being defensive. I'm pointing out reality. You're taking your view of the country entirely in how its portrayed in the media, and by celebs. Reality tells a different story.

If you guys watch UFC, even the Modelo beer commercials with Stipe Miocic seem to be a subtle stab at the POTUS... that's an echo chamber too and I'm brainwashed?

Oh', the media again. Beer commercial says Trump bad, so...Trump bad.

You're not doing a very good job of proving my assertion wrong.

What's interesting is I'm always hearing about how Trump supporters are uneducated

I'm an engineer, anyone who opens their mouths about politics here or my previous job is Republican. Strong male basis swaying things of course, but engineers definitely have more than just conservative leanings

Now my wife who works in a school as a counselor is a 180 swing with her educational coworkers

Sorry, I generally go by what I see at his rallies

That's odd, I envision Democrats as struggling, hipster, millenials and envision Trump supporters as old white, old money types.

What's it like being a Trump supporter in public?

Let me just preface this by saying I am not asking this question in an antagonistic way, I only posted it in War Room because I'm sure it'll get heated regardless.

I ask because I noticed when you are in public, it is assumed that most people hate him. If you're sitting in a waiting room and segment of Trump comes up on the waiting room television, the average person can make a joke at his expense, and expects other strangers to join in. Unless perhaps you live in a rural, heavily Republican county, I notice most people keep their support for Trump hidden. Whereas, if you are a Democrat or Liberal, you can express your views in most venues and expect others to agree.

Hell, 99% of comedians and comedy sketches (like SNL) are against Donald Trump, it is trendy to mock him. Isn't it risky to be in support of him? What do you do when in public, do you keep your views to yourself?
Every. Single. President. Has been the butt of jokes and national wise cracking.

Every one, without exception.

Some even have a controlled ego that allows them to comprehend and appreciate the humor, and there's even an event specifically for it.

Trump voter here.
When I'm working, I don't discuss politics too much. That can hurt if your customers don't fully agree with you.

I typically only talk politics with friends, friends at church and family members. Sometimes with a neighbor down the road who will send me a text now and then.

I'd like you as a neighbor. I'd love the chats.

Back