Question for Trump supporters. What's it like being a Trump supporter in public?

It’s encounters like this thought that show just how uneducated and uninformed Trumpers are. You got your taxes lowered? lol by what? 25 bucks every 2 weeks? It’s hilarious watching these Trumpers vote against their interests time and time again because libruhls.

Republicans want to gut social security yet most of Trumpers are uneducated and lower income. The very people who will need social security yet because libruhls they continue to vote against themselves. Sad

Perhaps the problem is that people, such as yourself, are voting in your immediate interests, and the "uneducated and lower income" aren't as myopic?

Every. Single. President. Has been the butt of jokes and national wise cracking.

Every one, without exception.

Some even have a controlled ego that allows them to comprehend and appreciate the humor, and there's even an event specifically for it.
Exactly. But people's confirmation bias is ramped up to the to the point where all they have to do is see a talking head on TV say something negative about Trump and all you hear around here is talk of the liberal MSM and how it's brainwashing people. It's so ironic and lacking in self-awareness it's really kind of nauseating.

There are wingnuts, assholes, and simpletons in any sufficiently large societal group. Unfortunately, due to the dawn of infotainment on CNN and Faux News, and the wonderful world of social media, these people have a disproportionate voice thanks to "sharing", i.e. parroting propaganda. The WR is full of these fools, see above.

There are too many legitimate reasons to criticize Trump to count, and more are added to the list practically every time he opens his mouth. Some people are bound to be mouthy about it; some people are always mouthy about something. But that is not isolated to leftists or any other group.

Could you qualify that, as you should about any other group of non-Borg, with the words some of?
I think it is already qualified. I don't think all lefties are projecting about Trump. But all of them saying he undermines civility while justifying harassing politicians at dinner and justifying antifa-style protesters are.

Last edited:
Well yeah, there is a middle ground everywhere. I'm just dispelling the notion that being a Trump supporter is frowned upon everywhere you go, and that everyone is just so super duper Liberal and hates the orange Nazi, and you can just freely talk about Liberal issues everywhere and will be accepted by everyone. Its just so delusional, and clearly from a mind that has been swayed by Liberal media.
This is true. I get more often then not complimented on my Trump 2020 hoodie rather than accosted

I don't generally advertise my political leanings. There are too many nutcases out there who think they have a right to vandalize your car.

Hell, 99% of comedians and comedy sketches (like SNL) are against Donald Trump, it is trendy to mock him. Isn't it risky to be in support of him? What do you do when in public, do you keep your views to yourself?
Trump is controversial, so he provokes stronger than usual reactions.

But it reality, there is very little pro- politician comedy; it's not like Trump is some unique martyr for being made fun of.

Fwiw, I rarely if ever hear anything rude said about Trump in public, just like I rarely if every heard anything rude said about Obama in public. On the internet I see/saw just as much negativity directed at Obama as at Trump.

In short, I think OP is presenting a false problem.
Edit:

Hell, even this very thread has a lot of people against him.
Do you realize that nationally, 52% of people disprove of him vs. 42% that approve? We also have a lot of international posters, and Trump's international approval rating is very low.

Why wouldn't you expect a lot of people to be "against him"?

Last edited:
You got the outside 5-10% down right of each side.

Now also realize there's a middling 90 that're productive members of society
That's a consistent issue with people who criticize people who criticize Donald Trump. The guy does a lot of fucked up shit. Complaining about that doesn't make me a left wing extremist, but that is often the jumping off point of responses to criticisms of their Dear Leader.

Of course, by they I mean, as we're pointing out here, the extremist Trump supporter, not the average Republican who voted for him out of a combination of honest conviction and party loyalty. There are Trump supporters in the WR who consider themselves reasonable Republicans that simply preferred him over Hillary, and that despite his faults, feel his is doing an ok job. There are Trump opponents who have the converse opinion, i.e. not panicking, but he's not doing a good job and Hillary would have been better but not ideal either.

But then there is the whole other group of people who constantly go to extremes to provoke people, whether trolling or really like that IRL. Judging by how often they get banned, it seems evident the larger number come from the Trump supporter side. And that is the main reason why I call bullshit on this dumb thread. Yeah, sure, there's leftist trolls and extremists but they are vastly outnumbered by their right wing counterparts.

The main reason for the impression TS has is that support for each party is heavily concentrated. If you have a contrary stance to the majority, it's not going to be a simple majority, by a very large one. This applies whether you're in a red or blue state. I think that's a consequence of your wonky two parties only system.

Trump is controversial, so he provokes stronger than usual reactions.

But it reality, there is very little pro- politician comedy; it's not like Trump is some unique martyr in being made fun of.
Well said. If you could delete posts in the WR, I would remove my last 2 since this makes them redundant. Thanks, smart guy LOL

I think it is already qualified. I don't think all lefties are projecting about Trump. But all of them saying he undermines civility while justifying harassing politicians at dinner and justifying antifa-style protesters are.
Again:
Dozens of insults directed at private american citizens.
Unhinged rants about FBI and justice department officials, including people he hired himself.
Unhinged rants about how badly the media is mistreating him while he retweets and shamelessly promotes Fox News, the most biased conservative network that exists.
Unhinged rants about Google and Facebook only allowing negative search results to come up about him, not realizing that the results are bad because people don't like him.
Going to the UN and instead of being an ambassador for our country, telling them all to go fuck themselves and expecting a positive reaction. Telling bold faced lies counter to objective reality and expecting people won't laugh. Reneging on every agreement we've ever been part of because Obama had something to do with it.

He may be your boy, but he's an objectively terrible leader for anyone outside his spell.

Again:
Dozens of insults directed at private american citizens.
Unhinged rants about FBI and justice department officials, including people he hired himself.
Unhinged rants about how badly the media is mistreating him while he retweets and shamelessly promotes Fox News, the most biased conservative network that exists.
Unhinged rants about Google and Facebook only allowing negative search results to come up about him, not realizing that the results are bad because people don't like him.
Going to the UN and instead of being an ambassador for our country, telling them all to go fuck themselves and expecting a positive reaction. Telling bold faced lies counter to objective reality and expecting people won't laugh. Reneging on every agreement we've ever been part of because Obama had something to do with it.

He may be your boy, but he's an objectively terrible leader for anyone outside his spell.
I've already agreed that Trump is flawed in this regard. What exactly are you arguing? But anyone complaining that he's an unhinged ranter while wearing a pussy hat and clawing at the doors of the Supreme Court or who support those who do is being a hypocrite.

I've already agreed that Trump is flawed in this regard. What exactly are you arguing? But anyone complaining that he's an unhinged ranter while wearing a pussy hat and clawing at the doors of the Supreme Court or who support those who do is being a hypocrite.
Anyone, anyone at all, they're hypocritical to criticise it?

This smacks of the argument I've seen pushed here that if you haven't done it, you can't criticise how it's done.
I can point out Donald Trump's glaring, obvious double standards, misconceptions, outright lies, fake news, all goddamned day, without being hypocritical in the least.

1) The difference is: we didn't elect Ms. Unhinged Pussy Hat to be POTUS. Lol, it's not irrational to expect better of the president of the United States. In fact, it used to go without saying that the president had to behave with greater dignity and decorum than the rabble.

2) The right is more hypocritical than the left in this regard. I say that because they attacked Obama for not conducting himself with enough dignity. Tan suits, has he no respect for America!! At least when the left attacks Trump for lacking decorum, its because he's done something like publicly call his ex-whore a horseface in writing.

Anyone, anyone at all, they're hypocritical to criticise it?
No, of course not. I never said anything like that. I do not believe that anyone at all is hypocritical to criticize Trump's often boorish behavior.

I said that people who undercut our social norms by justifying incivility toward political opponents are hypocrites for complaining that Trump's boorish incivility undermines our social norms.

1) The difference is: we didn't elect Ms. Unhinged Pussy Hat to be POTUS. Lol, it's not irrational to expect better of the president of the United States. In fact, it used to go without saying that the president had to behave with greater dignity and decorum than the rabble.

Rabble? Like sitting US senators?

No, the principle is sound. If your complaint is that Trump is uncivil, but you justify political incivility, you're a hypocrite, whether left or right.

I live in California and have a MAGA hat. I can go walk around and find out what it's like to be a Trump supporter.

I got the hat for free as a joke. It's made in China.

I live in California and have a MAGA hat. I can go walk around and find out what it's like to be a Trump supporter.

Lol, that sounds like fun in California!

Lol, that sounds like fun in California!

It's exactly the reason I got the hat, just to mess with people. There's a lot of over the top liberal weirdos out here.

No, of course not. I never said anything like that. I do not believe that anyone at all is hypocritical to criticize Trump's often boorish behavior.

I said that people who undercut our social norms by justifying incivility toward political opponents are hypocrites for complaining that Trump's boorish incivility undermines our social norms.
Absolutely. My apologies for not quite getting that the first go

*Chiner, say it right

It's exactly the reason I got the hat, just to mess with people. There's a lot of over the top liberal weirdos out here.
It's just unbelievable how much some libs freak out over a Trump hat.

Back