Question for Christian people!

Wow TS no one has ever thought that way before. Good thing you're here to tell us how it is.

images

Shit thread, shit poster.

Mad poster who knows deep down his religion is fake

Christianity is statistically disappearing more every year. Churches are disappearing as well. How can that be countered? Some claim it's due to the rise of materialism, capitalism, etc. I am not sure. Possibly competition from other religions? Debunked by science? Immorality in the bible? The list goes on.

What do you think the reason is?

I'd like you to reflect on these questions:

• If you don’t sin did Jesus died for nothing?

• If you accept god into your heart after he tortured himself on a pole in human form and you are already saved, why do you still have to go to church every Sunday?

• Why are Catholics in the Vatican hoarding billions of dollars in gold and riches, yet Jesus said the meek and poor will find heaven?

• How do you know which of the countless denominations / sects to choose from? They all can't be right.

• If a mother prays for her son to get a heart transplant and the mother of the donor prays that he keeps his heart, who will win?

• Why pray for something if God already has a plan? Such as a child staying healthy but dies. Clearly praying didn’t help. Why don’t we see faith healers in hospitals instead of doctors?

• If Christianity is the truth, why does it thrive on mystery? It fosters zero sum certainty based on vagueness and the supernatural without a shred of evidence.

• God created creatures with free-will. But he already knows beforehand the outcome, even the outcome of the devil He created who logically wouldn’t benefit anything from going against God’s plan. I don't get it.

• Why do you have the ability to make up answers and maintain blind faith, but when pressed for answers you become agnostic and say I don’t know? God’s plan suddenly become mysterious?

• God has omnipotence (unlimited power), omniscience (goodness), omnipresence (everywhere) and an evil arch enemy, a grand plan, free will for everyone and finally, is also space less and timeless. God wants to be all good yet has an abundance of evil to fulfill his wishes and plans. God is all powerful yet has enemies that rebel and try to defeat him. God wants to interact with his creation, but then he can’t be space less and timeless.

christianity is decreasing in developed countries, and increasing in developing countries.

so

people who know less about science and such are more likely to believe in it. god in the gaps. the less you know about life, the more likely you are to say "god(s) did it." e.g., now that we know about photosynthesis and the fact that plants eat nitrogen, we dont need a "harvest god."

i dont mean that as a knock against theists. there are many theists who are scientists, engineers, doctors, and people who are likely more intelligent than me. im just talking about averages here. there is not stopping it. the more the gaps shrink, the less space their is for religious explanations.

People are leaving religion because 1) religions cannot demonstrate the truth of their claims, and there are many demonstrations that their claims are not true, and 2) any utility they offer can be had without the religious baggage.

You can be a decent moral person without an innocent man's blood sacrifice. Any god who requires an innocent man's blood sacrifice belongs back in the bronze age from where it came.

Christianity is statistically disappearing more every year. Churches are disappearing as well. How can that be countered? Some claim it's due to the rise of materialism, capitalism, etc. I am not sure. Possibly competition from other religions? Debunked by science? Immorality in the bible? The list goes on.

What do you think the reason is?

I'd like you to reflect on these questions:

• If you don’t sin did Jesus died for nothing?

• If you accept god into your heart after he tortured himself on a pole in human form and you are already saved, why do you still have to go to church every Sunday?

• Why are Catholics in the Vatican hoarding billions of dollars in gold and riches, yet Jesus said the meek and poor will find heaven?

• How do you know which of the countless denominations / sects to choose from? They all can't be right.

• If a mother prays for her son to get a heart transplant and the mother of the donor prays that he keeps his heart, who will win?

• Why pray for something if God already has a plan? Such as a child staying healthy but dies. Clearly praying didn’t help. Why don’t we see faith healers in hospitals instead of doctors?

• If Christianity is the truth, why does it thrive on mystery? It fosters zero sum certainty based on vagueness and the supernatural without a shred of evidence.

• God created creatures with free-will. But he already knows beforehand the outcome, even the outcome of the devil He created who logically wouldn’t benefit anything from going against God’s plan. I don't get it.

• Why do you have the ability to make up answers and maintain blind faith, but when pressed for answers you become agnostic and say I don’t know? God’s plan suddenly become mysterious?

• God has omnipotence (unlimited power), omniscience (goodness), omnipresence (everywhere) and an evil arch enemy, a grand plan, free will for everyone and finally, is also space less and timeless. God wants to be all good yet has an abundance of evil to fulfill his wishes and plans. God is all powerful yet has enemies that rebel and try to defeat him. God wants to interact with his creation, but then he can’t be space less and timeless.

You should contemplate the writings inside this book. If you have intelligence of the third kind you'll likely gain some clarity.

And discard the rest.

https://issuu.com/aha144/docs/the-secret-oral-teachings-in-tibeta

Christianity is retarded now Trump's nazis have to keep it alive by slaughtering smart kids.

That trend hasn't changed though for the uneducated in the south where they can't really spell. On the whole Christianity is receding quicker than @pcptornado 's general health and mental fortitude.

It's an affliction of the poor.

According to a 2011 Pew Research Center survey, there were 2.19 billion Christians around the world in 2010, more than three times as much from the 600 million recorded in 1910.[1] According to a 2015 Pew Research Center study, by 2050, the Christian population is expected to be 2.9 billion

Protestantism is one of the most dynamic religious movements in the contemporary world.[3] From 1960 to 2000, the global growth of the number of reported Evangelical Protestants grew three times the world's population rate, and twice that of Islam

BTW- nice jab at the south, that's a good indicator of some lacking in your own self worth.

Mad poster who knows deep down his religion is fake
Where did I say I believe in any religion?

<{vega}>

I was raised a Christian for 18 years and got out of if it immediately after high school. All religion is trash.

Where did I say I believe in any religion?

<{vega}>

I was raised a Christian for 18 years and got out of if it immediately after high school. All religion is trash.

So then why shit on a thread that asks very legitimate questions?

You sound upset.

{<jimmies}

Another uneducated who doesn't understand how to actually have a debate or conversation lol

Also you were joke who flew off the handle on the very first post. hahahaaha

According to a 2011 Pew Research Center survey, there were 2.19 billion Christians around the world in 2010, more than three times as much from the 600 million recorded in 1910.[1] According to a 2015 Pew Research Center study, by 2050, the Christian population is expected to be 2.9 billion

Protestantism is one of the most dynamic religious movements in the contemporary world.[3] From 1960 to 2000, the global growth of the number of reported Evangelical Protestants grew three times the world's population rate, and twice that of Islam

BTW- nice jab at the south, that's a good indicator of some lacking in your own self worth.

The location is mostly Africa and china. They are cultivating the desperate.

Another uneducated who doesn't understand how to actually have a debate or conversation lol

Also you were joke who flew off the handle on the very first post. hahahaaha
What exactly am I supposed to debate, that I agree with the OP?

<BronTroll1>

@CauseImbetta is a shit poster who deserves shit responses. Debating religion on a karate forum isn't some deep scholastic endeavor.

What exactly am I supposed to debate, that I agree with the OP?

<BronTroll1>

@CauseImbetta is a shit poster who deserves shit responses. Debating religion on a karate forum isn't some deep scholastic endeavor.

You flew off the handle like a child... Post back when you are done with your timeout hahaha

The location is mostly Africa and china. They are cultivating the desperate.

When all you have to hold on to is your faith, you tend to hold on tightly. That doesn't make your faith any less true.

Nice dodge of your own inadequacies.

So why don't you tell us what you really have against religion. Every so often you make a thread denouncing it; you bragged once about a gang of people forcing a street minister off of your campus, etc. Why don't you just tell us what you really have against religion and we can talk about that.

You flew off the handle like a child... Post back when you are done with your timeout hahaha
Thanks for clearing that up boss. Debating religion on a karate forum deserves nothing but serious responses.

<YeahOKJen>

When all you have to hold on to is your faith, you tend to hold on tightly. That doesn't make your faith any less true.

Nice dodge of your own inadequacies.

So why don't you tell us what you really have against religion. Every so often you make a thread denouncing it; you bragged once about a gang of people forcing a street minister off of your campus, etc. Why don't you just tell us what you really have against religion and we can talk about that.

We can start by talking about why millions of people believe in something so undeniably fake

This thread is lulz

Atheist makes thread about Christianity's declining popularity, other atheists come and argue with him

We can start by talking about why millions of people believe in something so undeniably fake

Ok, lets start there.

Millions of people a lot smarter than either of us believed it was true - do you believe that you're smarter than they are?

Bacon, Newton, Francis Collins?

Ok, lets start there.

Millions of people a lot smarter than either of us believed it was true - do you believe that you're smarter than they are?

Bacon, Newton, Darwin, Francis Collins?

Smarter is a relative term. Am I smarter in my current state than Darwin was in 1860? I would say yes because we now know things that they didn't know back then on a scientific level

Lets not forget Darwin wrote extensively about how science and "the fixed laws of nature" caused him to experience disbelief and that is exactly what happens to people who allow science and reason to shape their beliefs or lack thereof.

Also I challenge your use of the term "smarter". Smart people can purposefully suspend intelligence and reason in order to have faith. I get it, faith is an extremely strong feeling because you a person desperately wants something to be true. That doesn't mean it is true not to mention science has never once came to the conclusion that, "god did it"

I know people in my life who I respect and love whom are extremely intelligent in 99% of their daily lives but the moment religion comes up they decide to ignore facts and start telling me the answers are in the bible

Back