Question for Brits: Does your nation ever yearn wistfully for the days of the Empire?

Im a sick fuck and like a mean rifle.
this mean enough for you?
577TRexRecoil.gif

this mean enough for you?

I been wanting to shoot one of those since i saw that video but no one i know is a big game hunter and has one. Id bet it didnt fly out of my hands Ill tell ya what :)

Yes thats mean enough im sure. I like when you can feel your rifles power.

UK is starting to get that edge back again.. just look at Brexit.

The redcoats are back, baby.

I sometimes feel like the US and UK are jointly running a quasi-empire.

Yeah I think pax-britainica morphed into pax-americana

The american CIA was setup in large part by MI6, and the main think tank that comes up with American foreign policy (The Council on Foreign Relations) is an offshoot of the British Royal Institute for International Affairs.

The larger networks 'of empire' so to speak didn't just disappear.

I just thought id tell you guys the last rifle that served your empire was a true work of art

lee_enfield__303_low_poly_by_01dawg10-d5dzgc4.jpg

<mma4>

A lot of folks are in Mauser's camp. Me? There can be only one. M1 Garand.

<mma4>

A lot of folks are in Mauser's camp. Me? There can be only one. M1 Garand.

I like em all. I dont like that you cant scope one out and it kicks the mag on the last round but its sexy and has a nice heft to it and id never say no to taking it outside. Ive never shot the russian one that I cant spell so i cant really comment on that one.

I just like rifles and carbines really. Dont think I have ever shot one I hated to be honest.

I like em all. I dont like that you cant scope one out and it kicks the mag on the last round but its sexy and has a nice heft to it and id never say no to taking it outside. Ive never shot the russian one that I cant spell so i cant really comment on that one.

I just like rifles and carbines really. Dont think I have ever shot one I hated to be honest.

The Moison Nagant? Folks like it because, it and it's ammo are relatively cheap.

For the Garand, surprised no one thought of the Scout set up like on this M14.
m1a_2.jpg

I've seen the the term "carbine" before but I've never understood how it's any different from any other rifle.

They are usually scaled down smaller versions of rifles or pistol conversions . Good stuff.

For the Garand, surprised no one thought of the Scout set up like on this M14.

My guess woud be by the time it occurred to them to do that the m1 wasnt in service anymore.

The Moison Nagant? Folks like it because, it and it's ammo are relatively cheap.
Yea thats the one I meant. I dont know anyone who has one so i have never messed with one before

I'm still waiting till people call for AFI to burn all copies of Zulu citing it as a glorification of the evil white empire

Isn't the US kinda their empire in a weird way

I sometimes feel like the US and UK are jointly running a quasi-empire.

I don't have the exact quote but I believe it was Dean Acheson who said, "Just as the Greeks guided the burgeoning Roman Empire as they took their place as the greatest of powers, so does Britain with the United States."

I don't have the exact quote but I believe it was Dean Acheson who said, "Just as the Greeks guided the burgeoning Roman Empire as they took their place as the greatest of powers, so does Britain with the United States."

There's definitely an influence, no doubt.

The US and UK are like brothers. We may fight sometimes, but at the end of the day we're family.

We still have an empire, it's just no where near what it was before. Maintaining an empire such as that would not be realistic in this day and age.

Our legacy, as a nation, will never be forgotten.

There's definitely an influence, no doubt.

The US and UK are like brothers. We may fight sometimes, but at the end of the day we're family.

I like that analogy. I had one once with overseas cousins where I compared Britain to a father. America is the heir apparent and trailblazer. Canada is the middle child that does good but never gets the same recognition. Australia is the youngest and just chill with it. India is the kid from down the block that was half adopted. Ireland is the kid they had from a previous relationship and they're forever linked but can never get over that it just didn't take.

I like that analogy. I had one once with overseas cousins where I compared Britain to a father. America is the heir apparent and trailblazer. Canada is the middle child that does good but never gets the same recognition. Australia is the youngest and just chill with it. India is the kid from down the block that was half adopted. Ireland is the kid they had from a previous relationship and they're forever linked but can never get over that it just didn't take.

Damn, you just broke it down didn't you? That's a pretty good way to put it, I think.

Back