Question for Brits: Does your nation ever yearn wistfully for the days of the Empire?

G

Guestx

Title says it all.

I've been reading up a bit lately on the British Empire. I think it's a fascinating piece of history and I've also always enjoyed films that have something to do with the subject.

And it made me wonder, what do today's Briton's think about the British Empire? Of course we all know about the many atrocities that were committed under colonial rule. But at the same time, I can't help but think some part of you guys must romanticize, and yearn for, the days when your nation was ultra-powerful and ruled nearly a quarter of the earth.

It was "the empire on which the sun never sets"! Soldiers cried out with the slogan, "Make all the world England!"

So what of it, Brits? How does the British person of 2017 regard your nation's time as supreme ass kickers? Do you look back at it as a shameful era in your country's past? Or does some part of you with the era of empire-building would arise anew?

9539fb17aeb3deb360c7acca115f1774.jpg

8d65ab60338358ddd91c25b921d30d86.jpg

I'm sure a huge chunk of it does.

I'm more of a Genki Sudo fan though.

Title says it all.

I've been reading up a bit lately on the British Empire. I think it's a fascinating piece of history and I've also always enjoyed films that have something to do with the subject.

And it made me wonder, what do today's Briton's think about the British Empire? Of course we all know about the many atrocities that were committed under colonial rule. But at the same time, I can't help but think some part of you guys must romanticize, and yearn for, the days when your nation was ultra-powerful and ruled nearly a quarter of the earth.

It was "the empire on which the sun never sets"! Soldiers cried out with the slogan, "Make all the world England!"

So what of it, Brits? How does the British person of 2017 regard your nation's time as supreme ass kickers? Do you look back at it as a shameful era in your country's past? Or does some part of you with the era of empire-building would arise anew?

9539fb17aeb3deb360c7acca115f1774.jpg

8d65ab60338358ddd91c25b921d30d86.jpg

They lost. We won.

ThickContentCottonmouth.gif

No, I don't want to control any other countries or rape other nations of their natural resources. We do have a problem with shame though.

No, I don't want to control any other countries or rape other nations of their natural resources. We do have a problem with shame though.

So you're saying that there's a general sense of shame among Britons over the past?

I just thought id tell you guys the last rifle that served your empire was a true work of art

lee_enfield__303_low_poly_by_01dawg10-d5dzgc4.jpg

The non cucks would surely want the old days back.

Only cucks are against being powerful and being a leader and big man.

The non cucks would surely want the old days back.

Only cucks are against being powerful and being a leader and big man.

Is that to say that power is everything? Isn't there a responsibility that comes with power, the responsibility to not misuse it?

Back