Q: If Fedor is the GOAT

Steroids shouldn't even come into the equation because of Japan, different orgs, no testing, the USADA era. Too many variables.

Jones is only true undefeated beast and the baddest man to walk this planet.

Hendo has KOd two people that Hunt couldn’t. Not saying he’s as powerful or as good a striker but at least comparable. He has ridiculous power for someone his size.
What ur saying in the first place aint a fact struve and hendo never fought. How can u knock someone out if u havent fought each other.

Fedor fought shit competition when the sport was just starting to get better. Most of the guys especially at HW had only one discipline or were some Zulus who had no business in the ring anyway. Unfortunately for Fedor the other guys picked up and past him. HW is still a shit show and most of the fights are a coin toss now that most fighter know how to throw a hard KO punch.

Fedor fought shit competition when the sport was just starting to get better. Most of the guys especially at HW had only one discipline or were some Zulus who had no business in the ring anyway. Unfortunately for Fedor the other guys picked up and past him. HW is still a shit show and most of the fights are a coin toss now that most fighter know how to throw a hard KO punch.

2004 account
tumblr_p1zjww0hNK1w0433po1_500.gif

Because Sambo is not that "commercialize" compared to BJJ in most western and Asian countries.

While most Judo school especialize more on Katame-Waza (grappling) more than Newaza (ground techniques).

I love in Montreal, we have about 4 sambo clubs, we have several MMA schools with non of them offering Sambo, all good fighters from different MMA schools accross Canada basically come spar and train at Tri-Star, there isnt a single guy there who practices Sambo.

You can say its not as commercialized but in reality Sambo schools are not pumping out high quality fighters.

People use 1 fighter in Khabib, but hes a wrestler since 6, only started Judo at 15, and started Sambo after that.

No I'm following all too well. You need to get your head around the fact that Fedor spent his entire career having absolutely zero issue fighting people on steroids. Yet there was one single exception - Overeem. If you think this exception was simply because he wanted Reem to abide by the rules then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Jeez youre thick. He fought people on roids when roids werent against the rules. Who else was 300 pounds and blatantly cheating?

So if you're a champion when your contract expires you immediately get a 3 fight extension to your contract. Not exactly the terms of death row is it.

It is when the UFC can shelf you and you know they did it before. This is a company that said they flew to a secret island with bags of cash to sign Fedor lmao.

Of course they did. Agreeing to such a retarded stipulation would be a horrible business decision.
Yeah, bush leagues co-promote with bush leagues. Billion dollar companies don't co-promote with unknown nickel and dime entities though.[/QUOTE]

Strikeforce was not a bush league.

Only an absolute fool would agree to risk the legitmacy of their HW division for a one fight immediate title shot deal.

Especially when your champ is a 5 fight wrestler and the other guy is probably going to run through him.

Your ability to grasp business logic is abysmal. Instead you choose to believe HERP DERP DANA WAS SKEEERED

Ya UFC wont copromote the biggest fight in MMA because they know its going to be a repeat of disappointment like chuck in PRIDE

2004 account

Yup I followed this sport before you TUF fanboys and know how shitty the talent was. Sport has evolved. Granted not so much in the HW division but what can you do when the big talented guys end up in other sports where there is more money to be made.

Love when dimwits bring up evolution of the sport as to why Fedor lost and such. Lol

First, Fedor was a well rounded fighter. In fact, he was probably one of, if not the most well rounded HW fighter. There are 0 top HWs right now that are more well rounded than he was at his prime. Although the “average” fighter might be more well rounded than in years past, the HW division is not one of the divisions that has evolved so much. It’s actually gotten much worse as a whole.

Yup I followed this sport before you TUF fanboys and know how shitty the talent was. Sport has evolved. Granted not so much in the HW division but what can you do when the big talented guys end up in other sports where there is more money to be made.

<FookIsThatGuy>
almost every athlete would have chosen a different sport if he had the opportunity to earn more money with it.

HW talent wasnt shit.

I love in Montreal, we have about 4 sambo clubs, we have several MMA schools with non of them offering Sambo, all good fighters from different MMA schools accross Canada basically come spar and train at Tri-Star, there isnt a single guy there who practices Sambo.

You can say its not as commercialized but in reality Sambo schools are not pumping out high quality fighters.

People use 1 fighter in Khabib, but hes a wrestler since 6, only started Judo at 15, and started Sambo after that.

most sambo schools outside russia suck.

Russia will conquer MMA.

Jeez youre thick. He fought people on roids when roids werent against the rules. Who else was 300 pounds and blatantly cheating?

I see you still can't grasp the simple concept of the blatantly obvious motivation for insisting that one single fighter in your entire career be drug tested, after having made a career out of fighting people on steroids.

It is when the UFC can shelf you and you know they did it before. This is a company that said they flew to a secret island with bags of cash to sign Fedor lmao.

How many examples can you provide of champions getting screwed over by the UFC champion clause?

Strikeforce was not a bush league.

M1 Global is though. And while strikeforce may have been above other MMA organisations such as Shark Fights or whatever, they still held about 1% of the public's interest in the MMA landscape compared to the UFC.

Especially when your champ is a 5 fight wrestler and the other guy is probably going to run through him.

Good to see you agree with me.

Ya UFC wont copromote the biggest fight in MMA because they know its going to be a repeat of disappointment like chuck in PRIDE

This statement is retarded on multiple levels. Firstly, it wouldn't have been the biggest fight in MMA because Fedor has always been a virtual unknown to the casual fans who make up 95% of the MMA fan-base. Outside of his unbeaten record (which no-one outside of hardcores would have been aware of prior to the UFC using it to promote the fight) Fedor is virtually unmarketable. Your conspiracy theory of the UFC being scared of Fedor because they just knew Brock would lose is nothing more than your own farcical opinion, with zero evidence to support it.

The premise is that Fedor was the GOAT and his decline was due solely to age and wear and tear and nothing to do with the evolution of MMA.

In fact most Fedor GOAT advocates refuse to acknowledge any evolution in the sport and will happily educate you in that the pinnacle of the sport was in Pride.

So my question is:

If Fedor had the blue print why does everyone today practice wrestling and BJJ rather than Sambo and Judo?? And then how can you say the sport hasnt past him??

Everyone was practicing wrestling and BJJ even in his day. You're a clown attempting to act witty.

I see you still can't grasp the simple concept of the blatantly obvious motivation for insisting that one single fighter in your entire career be drug tested, after having made a career out of fighting people on steroids.

How many examples can you provide of champions getting screwed over by the UFC champion clause?

M1 Global is though. And while strikeforce may have been above other MMA organisations such as Shark Fights or whatever, they still held about 1% of the public's interest in the MMA landscape compared to the UFC.

This statement is retarded on multiple levels. Firstly, it wouldn't have been the biggest fight in MMA because Fedor has always been a virtual unknown to the casual fans who make up 95% of the MMA fan-base. Outside of his unbeaten record (which no-one outside of hardcores would have been aware of prior to the UFC using it to promote the fight) Fedor is virtually unmarketable. Your conspiracy theory of the UFC being scared of Fedor because they just knew Brock would lose is nothing more than your own farcical opinion, with zero evidence to support it.

whats your point?

back then it was like this:
PRIDE FC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UFC

Why should someone play in the german league (soccer) if he can play in the spanish league... against the best?

Fedor went where the best competition was. Everything else is fantasy bullshit.

maybe fedor was never a draw, but he made enough money ... who cares? lmao

is this real life? lmaoo

whats your point?

About what? The post you quoted is discussing multiple topics. Be more specific and I'll be able to answer your question.

back then it was like this:
PRIDE FC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UFC

Zero relevance to the current discussion. No one is arguing which was the superior league at the time.

Why should someone play in the german league (soccer) if he can play in the spanish league... against the best?

I have no idea, I'm not a soccer fan.

Fedor went where the best competition was.

That's arguably correct, yet again irrelevant, as again no one is arguing which was the superior league at the time.

Everything else is fantasy bullshit.

What is fantasy bullshit?

maybe fedor was never a draw, but he made enough money ... who cares? lmao

Good for him as he deserves to be rich, yet once again irrelevant.

Are you sure you didn't quote me by mistake? Nothing you posted has any relevance to what I've been discussing.

Yes because they all went from skinny kid to incredible hulk in a couple of years lol.

http://m.sherdog.com/news/articles/Inside-the-Standard-Zuffa-Contract-9734

?????

Do you know who is not marketable? Ben askren. Do you really see Dana White putting him on blast and being upset about not being to sign him?

Dana was pissed about Fedor and he did his usual scumbag thing of descrediting/bashing the fighter he couldnt bully. He knew it was the biggest fight to make but didnt want to make it happen without owning Fedor.

Yes because they all went from skinny kid to incredible hulk in a couple of years lol.

So steroids are ok provided you make the gains slowly?

I'm not reading all that in hope there's a relevant point in there somewhere. Don't be so lazy with your replies.

You simply added to my previous statement, that's agreeing. If you don't agree provide a counter-point.

Do you know who is not marketable? Ben askren. Do you really see Dana White putting him on blast and being upset about not being to sign him?

I sure can. If he was offered a shit load of money and an immediate title shot but the deal fell through because of outrageous demands on Askren's behalf, then he would rightfully be treated the exact same way.

He knew it was the biggest fight to make but didnt want to make it happen without owning Fedor.

Not wanting to give a one fight deal with an immediate title shot along with co-promoting with a bush-league does not equal wanting to own Fedor.

Back