Q: If Fedor is the GOAT

So steroids are ok provided you make the gains slowly?

Strawman argument.

I'm not reading all that in hope there's a relevant point in there somewhere. Don't be so lazy with your replies.

You wanted an example and you got a detailed one.

You simply added to my previous statement, that's agreeing. If you don't agree provide a counter-point.

What did i agree to?

I sure can. If he was offered a shit load of money and an immediate title shot but the deal fell through because of outrageous demands on Askren's behalf, then he would rightfully be treated the exact same way.

Lol why would ufc offer a 'shit load of money' to someone that is not marketable. That was my point.

Not wanting to give a one fight deal with an immediate title shot along with co-promoting with a bush-league does not equal wanting to own Fedor.

How can i explain it to you if your not willing to read? Your asking to delve into contractual issues. Thats whats going to happen.

Strawman argument.

You wanted an example and you got a detailed one.

What did i agree to?

Lol why would ufc offer a 'shit load of money' to someone that is not marketable. That was my point.

How can i explain it to you if your not willing to read? Your asking to delve into contractual issues. Thats whats going to happen.
I'm a bit over this discussion now so I digress.

The premise is that Fedor was the GOAT and his decline was due solely to age and wear and tear and nothing to do with the evolution of MMA.

In fact most Fedor GOAT advocates refuse to acknowledge any evolution in the sport and will happily educate you in that the pinnacle of the sport was in Pride.

So my question is:

If Fedor had the blue print why does everyone today practice wrestling and BJJ rather than Sambo and Judo?? And then how can you say the sport hasnt past him??
Champs such as DC, Khabib and Cyborg train Sambo, Champs such as Woodley, Max and Rose train Judo.. Fedor was the HW GOAT because of what he did in the HW division as a very undersized HW. The MMA GOATS imo are GSP, DC, DJ, Aldo and BJ. If Woodley can retain his belt vs Till, beat GSP, then move up to MW and beat Whittaker, he can be placed into the GOAT discussion too.

I consider him the HW GOAT, I don't engage in P4P discussions (as I think they're absurd).

Your premise is flawed to begin with; the fighters who defeated Fedor didn't show him anything he hadn't seen before. Do you think Werdum was the first person who tried to submit Fedor off his back? Fedor fought Nogueira. Do you think Silva was the first person to punch Fedor in the face? Fedor had been punched in the face before. It's not like Fedor was fighting cans his entire career and the talent finally caught up with him, a la Ronda Rousey. The thing is, a lot of the same Heavyweights back then have had continued success today, which debunks your whole theory.

And which grappling art a fighter practices is more a result of their geographical location than anything else; BJJ in Brazil, Sambo/Wrestling in Russia, Wrestling in America, Judo in Japan, etc.

LOL @ comparing Werdum and Big Nog. And that's EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. LMAO! Fedor was fighting cans his entire career, and the talent finally caught up with him, JUST LIKE RONDA.

You're argument against that is that some old HWs still have success today? LMAO. That's an argument AGAINST Fedor you idiot! If Fedor was so good, he would have success just like them. Unlike them though, he's completely failed to adapt, because the only reason he had success to begin with is because he had the advantage of knowing more martial arts than everyone else.

Back