PWD 455: I'd Rather Watch A SmarkBusters Marathon

Do You Like Your Water...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else am I supposed to pick? Sheamus? Rollins? Ambrose? Guys who I am sick to death of?
:p Yeah. Just saying, picking arguably the GOAT who really wrestled last in what, 2013?

Anyone you are not sick to death of in the current generation?

Speaking of which, are we still in the reality era? Are we past it?

I'm with ya on that. Used to be a big Seth guy, but he's getting to an Ambrose level of stale right now. There's a huge opportunity for someone to break out. Everyone else on the (full time) roster is pretty meh right now.
I care about what El Dandy thinks. Who is your CURRENT favorite wrestler. Seth?

MOTB 2011 and WM 30 are the only actual memorable PPVs to me for the last few years.

I was bored of Jericho when he was always the surprise entrant and was putting over the younger talent, I mean that was his role and he gladly took it so props, but he knew he was going to lose and he was just doing the same stuff. Then he threw more character into it and carried Kevin Owens for a year, proving that he actually still does have it. For a guy that loved watching him in WCW in 1996 as a kid, it's pretty cool.

Rusev, huh?
Two great ones for sure. Yeah it was very stale and I'm not the biggest fan of him as a babyface to begin with. Yeah there were times when the duo was one of the only worthwhile things on raw. Big kick seeing Goldberg back? Yeah I'm just a sucker for the big monster heels. He can be hilarious on the mic at times too with little one liners like Big Show I will kick you in groin, and is great at selling particularly Roman's spears. Wish he was in a better position but hopefully he can build his way back up on smackdown.

If I had to pick one it'd be KO by the slightest of margins over AJ.
I like KO alot. His sarcastic/realistic tone is different from alot of the still outdated characters that WWE come up with.

There is actually a shitload of talent on the roster right now. I dunno if anyone knows that or cares, but on paper, there is probably more talent on the roster at this point than in history. But its over-saturated with talent, and there can only be so many champs and so many big storylines. So who we think can and know be stars, are given month long storylines at best near the top and then it gets hot potatoed to the next guy.

{edit} BUT, injuries have screwed it all up, clearly. Guys like Balor, DB, KENTA, Rollins, etc. would have more prominent roles if they weren't breaking all the time. That's why I respect guys like AJ who has continued to do the same thing for over 15 years, and only barely killed one or two people...;)

:p Yeah. Just saying, picking arguably the GOAT who really wrestled last in what, 2013?

Anyone you are not sick to death of in the current generation?

Speaking of which, are we still in the reality era? Are we past it?

After Rock I'd have to say Brock. But gun to head on current gen I have no idea. Gun to head - Rusev or Joe.

Nah, different guy. Although the previous guy, Shawn Daivari is the current one, Ariya Daivari's older brother.

Wow, no fucking way. They look identical down to the same shitty gimmick.

After Rock I'd have to say Brock. But gun to head on current gen I have no idea. Gun to head - Rusev or Joe.
I like Rusev and was hoping they'd move him from the angry Sheik/heel Slaughter/knockoff Russian character to a more comical but realistic and grounded character, someone who jokes and has humor but can kill you in the ring. He's perfect for it i think.

Funny how UFC is so much like pro wrestling with the self promotion on the mic. Gotta beg in public for more now.

I like Rusev and was hoping they'd move him from the angry Sheik/heel Slaughter/knockoff Russian character to a more comical but realistic and grounded character, someone who jokes and has humor but can kill you in the ring. He's perfect for it i think.

He won me over. I wasn't crazy about the whole foreign heel gimmick thing when he debuted but I came around to liking the gimmick. Lana helped with that too.:D

That's why I respect guys like AJ who has continued to do the same thing for over 15 years, and only barely killed one or two people...;)

In his defence, both Roderick Strong and the other dude whose neck he broke (who I can't remember right now) tucked their chin taking the Styles Clash.

Strong has for sure taken it before, him and Styles were both in ROH and TNA at the same time as one another, so it isn't like he has never taken that bump before.

Hell, even if he hadn't, AJ had been doing that move for what, 10+ years at that point? Guys should know how to take it.

Not victim blaming here, I just remember when those stories broke thinking "You tucked your fucking chin!? Have you not seen that move!?"

Although, out loud that sounds super harsh, my bad.

1) Randy
2) HBK
3) Shane O Mac
4) Bayley
6) Big Show
7) Everyone else
8) Punk
My list of all the elbow drops I've seen viewing the 30 years of survivor series

Last edited:
1) Randy
2) HBK
3) Shane O Mac
4) Bayley
6) Everyone else
7) Punk
My list of all the elbow drops I've seen viewing the 30 years of survivor series

Lmao Phil's elbow drop is terribad

I don't think he has anything on him per say but he's a yes man and a sycophant who vince uses for his and other execs dirty work. You got to remember that Jbl is pretty friendly with the Undertaker and HHH. If they don't find it amusing they at least don't do anything to stop it. Given that they've both headed the court session at different times i'd imagine they're all for it as necessary to the business.

I know Vince has a ton to do with the culture back there but I don't see how things don't get at least marginally better when the only person who keeps having these stories come up is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back