PWD 455: I'd Rather Watch A SmarkBusters Marathon

Do You Like Your Water...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ or Owens.

I'm with ya on that. Used to be a big Seth guy, but he's getting to an Ambrose level of stale right now. There's a huge opportunity for someone to break out. Everyone else on the (full time) roster is pretty meh right now.

I haven't been paying attention that much in the last year or so. Some guys who I thought would be doing more are still mid card at best, others are doing the (relatively good) same stuff for years now. Before he retired, DB was my favorite. Cesaro and Dean Ambrose were early favorites but once Ambrose electrocuted himself with a TV, I said nah. AJ Styles, while great, was my favorite in 2003.

I'd have to say that, I go in and out of watching wrestling (been watching since a kid in 95 and watched all rentals before that year) and some things bring me back. Bret Hart and CM Punk brought me back in 2010ish, DB kinda kept me going. This year, I'd say Chris Jericho is my favorite current wrestler. He's 46, having one of the best years of his career, and staying busy. The List has gotten over more than any actual wrestler. To say that he's wrestling and doing the band thing at the same time is also pretty cool.
Yeah it can suck a bit when you're favourites don't reach their potentials but I try and just enjoy whatever shit they're doing as best I can. Not everyone can be top guy. I've never taken a break but since around 2013 this has been the most optimistic I've been about wresting in quite some time. I watched a ppv review from 2012 recently and I had forgotten how much worse it was back then. I was completely bored by most of jericho's returns but this one was fantastic.

There's a lot to be said for doing one thing and doing it right.

Unfortunately, you don't even really do that one thing right.

giphy.gif

Who is that Nubian Goddess?

Third pic down? Tiarra, apparently. Top one I can't get a name for, middle one is Priscilla Malcolm, if anyone was wondering.

I see The Rock is still on WWE's roster page, so I'm saying him. Also, Daivari is back apparently, didn't know that.

Isn't that a different Daivari to the one who was with Hassan?

I'm with ya on that. Used to be a big Seth guy, but he's getting to an Ambrose level of stale right now. There's a huge opportunity for someone to break out. Everyone else on the (full time) roster is pretty meh right now.

I worry Seth is gonna break again every time he does anything and, it really ruins his matches for me now, not to mention how much slower he is now since coming back. Plus, this tweener role really isn't for him.

Man, I forgot to put The Revival on my list AND Bruan for that matter before @SocraticMethod mentioned them, that was dumb of me.

Yeah it can suck a bit when you're favourites don't reach their potentials but I try and just enjoy whatever shit they're doing as best I can. Not everyone can be top guy. I've never taken a break but since around 2013 this has been the most optimistic I've been about wresting in quite some time. I watched a ppv review from 2012 recently and I had forgotten how much worse it was back then. I was completely bored by most of jericho's returns but this one was fantastic.
MOTB 2011 and WM 30 are the only actual memorable PPVs to me for the last few years.

I was bored of Jericho when he was always the surprise entrant and was putting over the younger talent, I mean that was his role and he gladly took it so props, but he knew he was going to lose and he was just doing the same stuff. Then he threw more character into it and carried Kevin Owens for a year, proving that he actually still does have it. For a guy that loved watching him in WCW in 1996 as a kid, it's pretty cool.

Rusev, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back