Putin makes Holocaust denial a criminal offence punishable by up to five years in jail.

Should we have laws like this in America?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did either of them say they hate jews? Just cause they question the narrative doesn't mean they hate Jews.

This post just perma brands you as a retard.

But you are correct, I should move on.

I do find it weird that post WW2, the official number was "1 million dead", and it has crept up every 10 years.. to "Up to 7 million Jews".

Were they still finding bodies 10 years after the war ended? How about 20? 75 years later we're still finding new bodies?

It's strange.

That is not true. It was always low millions then went up. 1 million only? They lost that many from the ghetto process and death squads and disease.

I believe the Holocaust was flat

So the Polish Senate upheld the bill that passed their Parliament, that makes it illegal to blame the nation of Poland for Holocaust atrocities and bans the phrase "Polish death camps".

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland's Senate has backed legislation that will regulate Holocaust speech, a move that has already strained relations with both Israel and the United States.

The bill proposed by Poland's ruling conservative Law and Justice party and voted for early Thursday could see individuals facing up to three years in prison for intentionally attempting to falsely attribute the crimes of Nazi Germany to the Polish nation as a whole.

It was approved by the lower house last week. The bill has yet to become law as it requires the approval from President Andrzej Duda, who has supported it.

Although the bill exempts artistic and research work, it has raised concerns that the Polish state will decide itself what it considers to be historic facts. The bill has already sparked a diplomatic dispute with Israel and drawn calls from the United States for a reconsideration.

Though Deputy Justice Minister Patryk Jaki suggested Israel had been consulted on the bill and voiced no objections, many in Israel have argued that the move is an attempt to whitewash the role some Poles played in the killing of Jews during World War II.

Israel's Foreign Ministry said Israel "opposes categorically" the vote by Poland's senators.

"Israel views with utmost gravity any attempt to challenge historical truth," the ministry said in a statement. "No law will change the facts."

Halina Birenbaum, a Holocaust survivor and acclaimed Israeli author, called the new law "madness," telling Israel's Army Radio it was "ludicrous and disproportionate to what actually happened to Jews there."

Expressing surprise at the storm the legislation has unleashed, the Polish government said it planned to issue an explanatory statement later Thursday.

Poland's Deputy Prime Minister Jaroslaw Gowin said the government had acted in "good faith" and the country's foreign ministry said the legislation is intended to "protect historic truth" and "fight all forms of denying and distorting the truth about the Holocaust as well as belittling the responsibility of its actual perpetrators."

Poland's government argues that it is fighting against the use of phrases like "Polish death camps" to refer to camps operated by Nazi Germany in occupied Poland during World War II. Poland was among the hardest-hit victims of Nazi Germany, losing some six million citizens, half of them Jews, and is preserving Holocaust memorials.

The government has expressed hope that adoption of the law will not affect Poland's strategic partnership with the U.S.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...nate-backs-controversial-holocaust-speech-law

Posting it here because my thread on this topic was merged into this, which I guess is now our Holocaust Megathread. <{hfved}>

I'd like to hear about everyone else killed in the Holocaust. Why don't we ever hear about them? I grew up in a Polish neighborhood and you never heard anything about it. My best friends grandpa growing up was a camp survivor and had the tattoo.

Yes I'm talking about jews using holocaust sympathy to their advantage. But fuck it why not get every edge you can that's available?

So the Polish Senate upheld the bill that passed their Parliament, that makes it illegal to blame the nation of Poland for Holocaust atrocities and bans the phrase "Polish death camps".

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...nate-backs-controversial-holocaust-speech-law

Posting it here because my thread on this topic was merged into this, which I guess is now our Holocaust Megathread. <{hfved}>
According to Russian TV Poland also banned ideology of Stepan Bandera (Ukrainian nationalist). From what I understand if you march with his portrait or will demonstrate banner or flags with him or Shukhevych or UPA you will be send to prison and (I might be wrong) if you are a foreign national and Polish authority will be aware that you did all that stuff they can add you to black list so you will be banned from entering Poland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back