Prime Mark Coleman Vs Randy Couture?

Who would have won if the fight happened in their primes?

• Total voters
Randy was a lot more well rounded and "modern" as a fighter, he developed with the game and in fact was still elite in 2008 despite being old.

Coleman was as one dimensional as you can possibly be, very strong but old school.

Couture was far from well rounded the only thing he had that Coleman did not was okay hands (that is saying a lot) to get within distance and his 'dirty boxing' in the clinch. Coleman was purely a takedown/grappler/wrestler with ground and pound.

"Prime" Coleman would gas and prime Randy would outsmart and outcardio him.

Randy would box him up and wear him down to a late tko imo.I'm shocked it's 52 for Coleman and 70 for Couture.I guess most here didn't even watch mma when both started though.

id like to see randy fight in pride rules with knees and soccer kicks to a downed opponent i think coleman take s it

Coleman never beat a great fighter in his career.

Couture beat plenty. He also handled Randlman in his prime and he was basically a black Coleman.

Couture beat plenty. He also handled Randlman in his prime and he was basically a black Coleman.

Really?

I always thought Coleman was a white Randalman

Randy fought Randleman in beast mode which was a tough one. Came back and TKO'd him. Coleman fought much like Kevin. When the TD + GnP didn't get the job done he'd gas and get finished.

The big guys Randy lost to before he got really old had good sub grappling to get into a position to stop him on the ground. Coleman didn't have this, didn't evolve from a GnP wrestler.

Randy wins via late TKO.

Lol,
He beat Frye 2x, Goodridge, Severn, Vovchanchyn, Fujita, Mutant Morais, Alan Goes, Shogun Rua, Akira Shoji.
Basically same nubmer of quality wins as Cain Velasquez and more than Lesnar.

In their primes, so are we talking 2000 juiced up Coleman vs 2007 juiced up Randy?

In their primes, so are we talking 2000 juiced up Coleman vs 2007 juiced up Randy?

kool-aid-man.jpg

I got Mark hes like Wand if your talking prime different rules are in play and i think he headbutts Randy into oblivion

I would've love to seen that fight in the prime.

I give the nod to Coleman.....wrestling I'd say fairly even though Randy is better from a technical and pure wrestling stand point. But Coleman has the size and strength I believe would balance it out and allow Coleman to gain top control more times than not in the wrestling scrambles. I'm not sure Randy could do much with Coleman on top of him. Randy is much more suited for 205.

I don't think it would be that entertaining of a match overall.

I mean they fought when they were way past their prime. Ran was 46 and Mark was 44 making a combined age of 90 for a fight which was a record at the time... not sure if that still stands

Coleman was done before the fight started, looked hella bad - and seemingly disappearesd off the face of the earth since - where is he ???

Who wins had did they fight in their primes???
Hard to believe randy is older

That 8ch jee 8ch

Lol,
He beat Frye 2x, Goodridge, Severn, Vovchanchyn, Fujita, Mutant Morais, Alan Goes, Shogun Rua, Akira Shoji.
Basically same nubmer of quality wins as Cain Velasquez and more than Lesnar.

Great - only Shogun. But there was injury that happened (still legit I give you that)
Good - Igor
Nostalgia - Goodridge (beat him via exhaustion of all things) , Frye
Middle pack - the rest

Great - only Shogun. But there was injury that happened (still legit I give you that)
Good - Igor
Nostalgia - Goodridge (beat him via exhaustion of all things) , Frye
Middle pack - the rest

Frye, Igor Vovchanchyn, Shogun & Severn are highest possible level at the time when fights happened.

I would've love to seen that fight in the prime.

I give the nod to Coleman.....wrestling I'd say fairly even though Randy is better from a technical and pure wrestling stand point. But Coleman has the size and strength I believe would balance it out and allow Coleman to gain top control more times than not in the wrestling scrambles. I'm not sure Randy could do much with Coleman on top of him. Randy is much more suited for 205.

I don't think it would be that entertaining of a match overall.

Honestly, I think Coleman is a much better wrestler than Randy, that's just my opinion.

Rules would have a lot to do with it, if they fought in todays UFC, 96 Coleman vs 04 Randy, Randy prob wins.

If they fought in NHB rules, Coleman pounds him out via headbutt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back