Prime Mark Coleman Vs Randy Couture?

Who would have won if the fight happened in their primes?

• Total voters

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I mean they fought when they were way past their prime. Ran was 46 and Mark was 44 making a combined age of 90 for a fight which was a record at the time... not sure if that still stands

Coleman was done before the fight started, looked hella bad - and seemingly disappearesd off the face of the earth since - where is he ???

Who wins had did they fight in their primes???

Hard to say. Both dudes were beasts in their heyday.

Coleman was more powerful, so I would lean towards him early, and Couture the longer the fight went on.

I like Coleman but even for the time he was overrated. His best career wins were Don Frye, who would be a middleweight these days, 45 year old Dan Severn, and Igor Vovanchyn who was exhausted after beating freaking Mark Kerr just half-an-hour before. He lost to Mo Smith and Peter Williams for Christ's sake. Compare to Couture's best wins. Couture also handled Prime Randleman with ease, and most people accept that Randleman was a faster, better version of Coleman (his coach).

Arguably Coleman's best performances came in his last UFC run and just before the Couture fight, rag dolling Stephen Bonner and then almost doing the same to Shogun (about 30 seconds away from winning a decision, and Shogun knocked out Liddell in his next fight, and then had the two title fights with Machida).

Coleman has fallen on hard times recently, and even put his UFC belt up for sale. I believe he needed the money for a hip replacement or something.

Coleman, probably.

Couture was a more cerebral fighter and he took better care of himself. If he could outlast Prime Coleman's initial onslaught - as he did Randleman's when those two fought - he might have a chance.

Coleman had two primes and neither lasted long, but when he was in top form (and most likely juicing) he was extremely powerful and dangerous.

Randy would be too crafty for Coleman I think but that Coleman beast mode though.

Coleman made Fedor legendary, obviously time has changed our views on that, Fedor is no longer a top 5 heavyweight of all time, Coleman isn't in the top 20. Couture would walk through Coleman at any time in their careers, you know that, we all know that.

Coleman has the takedowns and the top pressure to beat Couture. I would rather watch Randy beat the shit out of Ken Shamrock.

Coleman made Fedor legendary, obviously time has changed our views on that, Fedor is no longer a top 5 heavyweight of all time, Coleman isn't in the top 20. Couture would walk through Coleman at any time in their careers, you know that, we all know that.

Q88rJ.gif

Coleman has the takedowns and the top pressure to beat Couture. I would rather watch Randy beat the shit out of Ken Shamrock.

That's an odd statement, being as Randy was making Brock look like a fool in the wrestling department when they fought.

Randy was definitely the better overall fighter, but I think a prime GP winner Coleman who had a good gas tank would outwrestle him to a UD. Randy was always a bit susceptible to the double leg and Coleman at that time was the fucking MASTER of it, as well as control from top position. Plus Randy never had big KO power.

I think similar to Randleman vs Couture, but Coleman not gassing

Coleman was pure takedowns and GnP. Handy was more well rounded and could defend the takedowns. It would look a lot like Handy vs Tito

I will say I am surprised at the amount of people picking Coleman.

LOL. <{clintugh}>

Coleman has fallen on hard times recently, and even put his UFC belt up for sale. I believe he needed the money for a hip replacement or something.
Bad Boy payed for his hip replacement. He is in rough shape now, hasa ton of pain managment issues and just recently had another daughter. Prime Coleman though was not overrated, people seem to forget how absolutely terrifying he was, hell the UFC had to end a tournament prematurely because no one would fight him. He did all that while barely training and partying his ass off. Prime Coleman is too much for prime randy to handle, he takes randy down and beats him to pulp no problem.

That's an odd statement, being as Randy was making Brock look like a fool in the wrestling department when they fought.
Brock has nowhere near the wrestling prowess of Coleman. Hell all Brock has is a power double and it's not even all that great. If he can't use his size to bully people his wrestling isn't shit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back