Media Prime GSP and prime Matt Hughes at UFC 65 would get KO by Tyron Woodley

IDK for sure who would win... But the GSP nuthuggers are horrible on this forum. You guys do realize GSP was TKO'd by a LW in his Prime right? The first couple of responses with 30 likes saying nobody beats Prime GSP are autistic.

You're an idiot TS...prime GSP kicks and punches Tyron at will.

Of course current Woodley would beat that GSP and that Hughes, UFC 65 happened 12 years ago.

I keep reading on this forum that GSP is out of his prime, but every time he is interviewed he says the opposite.

For instance, minute 2 and 20 seconds and again minute 7 and 20 seconds.
The sport has progressed a lot in these 12 years and GSP acknowledge so, but he progressed as well.
UFC 217 GSP would beat the crap out UFC 65 GSP.

Tyron beats Hugues either by KO or Decision. GSP 50-45's him

GSP in his prime is unquestionably the best fighter Woodley would have faced in his career.

I don't necessarily think the same came be said for Woodley in regards to GSP.

I don't know if Woodley could have beat the Hendricks GSP faced.
Woodley would be the toughest matchup for gsp and yea he beats juiced Hendricks quite comfortably.

GSP wouldn't be able to take him down.

GSP took down much better wrestlers than Woodley.

This figh would look like GSP VS Kosheck.

GSP chooses where the fight takes place. He jabs Woodley to death. Or he takes him down at will and just lays on him.

Woodley would be the toughest matchup for gsp and yea he beats juiced Hendricks quite comfortably.
I'm highly skeptical he would beat that Hendricks.

I think Koscheck before GSP ruined him would have been a tough fight for Woodley too.

I don't know about Hughes. If Hughes has trouble taking Woodley down, he might get KO'd.

Woodley has close to zero chance against prime GSP.

Jake shields is pretty one dimensional. Woolley would have a chance vs Hughes but he doesn’t beat any version of gsp. Woodley is fighting in the weakest era of WW since the division was created.

I'm highly skeptical he would beat that Hendricks.

I think Koscheck before GSP ruined him would have been a tough fight for Woodley too.
I am quite certain none of them beat current Woodley. especially under usada I don't see any of them beating Woodley.

Disagree

GSP would jab the shit out of Woodley. It would look just like the GSP-Koscheck fight or the Rory-Woodley fight. Woodley does not have the technical boxing skills to stand with GSP.

Matt Hughes would wrestlefuck him. His wrestling was superior to anything we've seen from Woodley.

Woodley has better one-punch power but that is the only area he'd have an advantage. If GSP/Hughes fought a smart fight you'd be looking at a 50-45 or 49-46 UD

Woodley is a big fish in a small pond (partly because they let other big fish leave for rival ponds)... this is not exactly the golden age of the UFC WW division...

Last edited:
I am quite certain none of them beat current Woodley. especially under usada I don't see any of them beating Woodley.
I think GSP before ACL surgeries most likely wins 4 out of 5 rounds at worst against Woodley of today.

The GSP that fought Hendricks was far from the best GSP.

You're a fellow Fedor fan, and I appreciate your opinion, but prime GSP was proven to be beatable by Matt Serra. GSP cannot stand with fighters with KO power.

Or, you can say that GSP became a smarter fighter after the Serra fight.

"No way, he'd smash em bro..!"
Typical sherdog.

Plus GSP actually isnt GSP - his stunt double fights for him

33jp85d.jpg

I think GSP before ACL surgeries most likely wins 4 out of 5 rounds at worst against Woodley of today.

The GSP that fought Hendricks was far from the best GSP.
fair enough. each to their own. I don't think so. I think current Woodley is a terrible matchup for almost all welterweights. He could very well fight at MW and still be top 5. Prime GSP was great but he never fought a fighter with woodley's speed, explosiveness, power, strength, TDD, movement and ability to close the distance.

IDK for sure who would win... But the GSP nuthuggers are horrible on this forum. You guys do realize GSP was TKO'd by a LW in his Prime right? The first couple of responses with 30 likes saying nobody beats Prime GSP are autistic.
I've read that GSP would 50-45 Yoel Romero LOL

fair enough. each to their own. I don't think so. I think current Woodley is a terrible matchup for almost all welterweights. He could very well fight at MW and still be top 5. Prime GSP was great but he never fought a fighter with woodley's speed, explosiveness, power, strength, TDD, movement and ability to close the distance.
And woodley never fought someone as well rounded as Georges. Woodley hasn't fought anyone with prime GSP's ability to push the pace, cardio, jab, TDD, timing with mixing strikes and TDs, striking defense, fight IQ, etc.

Back