Prime BJ vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

Penn would give Khabib hell, this is probably the toughest fight for Khabib out of any other LW in UFC history. That said, Khabib would break Penns will and take the championship rounds. Khabib 48-47

Penn would give Khabib hell, this is probably the toughest fight for Khabib out of any other LW in UFC history. That said, Khabib would break Penns will and take the championship rounds. Khabib 48-47
sorta how i feel as well

although Marinovich bj could go 5 hard rounds

BJ Penn beats him by ko in the first or submission in the second alla arm trapped rear naked choke..or he loses a decision..after gassing late .

Prime BJ..was extremely hard to take down both GSP and Hughes struggled to get him down and his boxing is definitely capable of koing him not to.mention his flying Knees..that being said the longer the fight goes the longer it would favor khabib .. could see a lay and pray for the last 3 rounds after taking a beating , giving khabib the win ..just as easily as I could see BJ Penn hurting him and subbing him in the 1st or 2nd

It's a shame people gotta get old would love to see this

Loved Penn back in the day, but I think Kahbib wrecks any version of him. BJ relied on his BJJ a lot against power wrestlers, but none of those wrestlers had the type of sub defense and overall grappling ability that Kahbib has. BJ would get wrecked by Kahbib's top game just like he did in the second GSP fight. I also think Kahbib would beat GSP in his prime at 170 too, but it would be a very competitive fight. I think Kahbib out wrestles GSP, and I think he actually out-strikes GSP due to out wrestling him as odd as that sounds.

Last edited:
sorta how i feel as well

although Marinovich bj could go 5 hard rounds

Penn vs Conor/Tony are closer and more exciting than Khabib.

Tony is very hittable and gets dropped pretty much every fight. He has great recovery but he has never faced anyone with a killer instinct like Penn. This fight either ends with Penn dropping Tony, then taking his back for the RNC or Penn gassing in the later rounds and Tony TKO late. 50/50 imo

Penn vs Conor would be exciting as hell for the first 2-3 rounds, until they both gas. I see Penn managing to get top position late in the fight while they are both tired and working towards a RNC finish in the 4th or 5 round. 60/40 Penn

Insanely easy fight for Khabib. BJ would wilt against the pace and wrestling.. Bad cardio.. Khabib crushes him..

marinovich BJ who could go 5 rounds n had abs tho? that BJ was a lot better than the BJ who fought gsp the 2nd time.
Baby Jay was trained by Marinovich leading up the the UFCs 1st Battle of Champions. That's the guy who was made to quit on the stool. It's well documented.

Baby Jay was trained by Marinovich leading up the the UFCs 1st Battle of Champions. That's the guy who was made to quit on the stool. It's well documented.
actually no

he wasn't working with Marinovich until after

Penn wins this one by decision.

Insanely easy fight for Khabib. BJ would wilt against the pace and wrestling.. Bad cardio.. Khabib crushes him..

BJ, like Conor, is dangerous for the first 2 rounds but yea I agree, Khabib beats him decisively because of heart and stamina.

BJ has great TDD, boxing, and bjj so he could potentially take the first two rounds imo

Maybe a re-phrase of the question will help bring out a clearer answer:

So you're asking if, in his prime, B.J. Penn (16-12), a man who's never strung more than 4 consecutive wins together, before losing again ... who didn't train and gasses out ... "might" be able to beat Khabib Nurmagomedov (27-0), a man who has *never lost* as a pro, has twice as many wins as an amateur, was a 3x Gold Medalist, is multi-titled Russion sambo/combat-wrestling Champion, who trains and lives religiously, and has insane stamina?

I'd give you 4-1 odds and pick Khabib, easily, after a competitive 2 rounds.

BJ Penn was a prodigy. He was as talented as anyone. If he had trained as much and as hard as someone like gsp he would be a top 5 all time fighter.

Talent without hardwork only takes you so far.

Prime BJ was a guy who earned his black belt and won the world championships In 3 years. Had Insane flexibility, hips, heavy hands and was extremely difficult to take down.

Only people who think he was "never that good" are new fans with zero experience training martial arts.

Stylistically speaking, It feels like It would be a bad matchup for Khabib.

I'm a huge BJ Penn fan, but I think Kebab probably takes it. BJ's kryptonite is strong relentless wrestlers with a heavy top game.

Back