Prime BJ vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

Yes. I based on the fact that Khabib tends to rush forward with his chin up In the air, as shown against Barboza and Michael Johnson. And the fact that he struggled In taking down Barboza and also Tibau. That he's not a finisher and Conor would likely have a significant amount of time to land a fight ending blow. That combined with the fact that Conor does have underrated grappling, at least from a defensive standpoint..at the very least superior to both MJ and Barboza. It seems very clear upon watching Khabib's previous fights that he cant afford to make those same kind of mistakes against Conor, who Is a fighter that fights well moving backwards, Is a counter fighter, accurate and has 1 punch knockout power. It is almost certain that Khabib will take him down and maul him for a certain period of time, but Conor will also have many opportunities to land a fight ending blow. Khabib Is a beast but he did show holes In his last few fights, particularly when he's rushing forward chasing for a takedown. Which again are not mistakes he can afford to make against a style like Conor. This is not a biased analysis whatsoever. It's simply acknowledging that both fighters have a way to win the fight.

I actually took the time to analyze It from as many angles as possible, as opposed to you who simply just throws out that Khabib is going to maul him, easily with no actual explanation or thought beyond n your own bias.

Sorry, but you can leave the real analysis to people who actually know MMA.

You're not a dumb guy but too much of the shit you say Is either biased or comes off as looking like a hater to actually take what you say seriously.

Yes. I've seen this "analysis" before....

Khabib moves forward with his hands down. Conor has a better ground game than MJ and Barboza and Khabib "struggled" to take down Barboza....It's certain Khabib will take down Conor and pummel him, buy hey, he might not finish him and Conor can land a strike...Oh and it's 50/50

I"m so glad I left the "analysis" for the "real MMA fans"....

So forgive me...You can post your "analysis" all you want, then beg people to read it. When it's utterly retarded, and totally misguided? Sorry you don't get points and you don't get me to take your seriously...

How would Khabib fair against:

GSP?
Machida?
Hughes?
Diaz?
Rory?

Better or worse than Penn?

Worse against GSP.
Probably worse against Machida, but God that was a terrible fight, they looked like hippos.
He wouldn't have beaten Hughes, but he wouldn't have lost like BJ did in the second.
Better against Diaz.
Better against Rory.

It's hard to count Diaz and Rory, BJ was done by this point.

Yes. I've seen this "analysis" before....

Khabib moves forward with his hands down. Conor has a better ground game than MJ and Barboza and Khabib "struggled" to take down Barboza....It's certain Khabib will take down Conor and pummel him, buy hey, he might not finish him and Conor can land a strike...Oh and it's 50/50

I"m so glad I left the "analysis" for the "real MMA fans"....

So forgive me...You can post your "analysis" all you want, then beg people to read it. When it's utterly retarded, and totally misguided? Sorry you don't get points and you don't get me to take your seriously...
Yes, as opposed to your fantastic analysis "Khabib is going to maul him, anyone who thinks otherwise or even gives Conor a chance Isn't a real fan or Is lying" no further explanation.

lmao

You are biased and are only Interested In what feeds your narrative. That's the reality. Just like so many others.

Worse against GSP.
Probably worse against Machida, but God that was a terrible fight, they looked like hippos.
He wouldn't have beaten Hughes, but he wouldn't have lost like BJ did in the second.
Better against Diaz.
Better against Rory.

Unrelated

but Jon fitch was BJ's last great performance.

He looked great In that fight against what was like the top 2-3 WW at the time, too bad It had to end with that 3rd round.

BJ was never the same after that. He looked crushed In the post fight Interview.

Yes, as opposed to your fantastic analysis "Khabib is going to maul him, anyone who thinks otherwise or even gives Conor a chance Isn't a real fan" no further explanation.

I'm didn't claim to give analysis just my opinion....

And it's far more accurate than what you are calling your "analysis"...

And I said nothing about giving Conor a chance doesn't make you a fan....That's not my style...But it does make you retarded.

Worse against GSP.
Better against Diaz.
Better against Rory.

Fair and thank you.

Does Khabib beat Nick or Rory? I say no chance against Rory, maybe Nick...in a 5 round fight Diaz Khabib is really interesting. Both cardio machines, Nick always dangerous on his back.

BJ getting finished by Khabib is laughable to me at lw or ww, and saying that GSP took him down at will is really irrelevant imo. Gsp would take every lw in history down at will.

I'm didn't claim to give analysis just my opinion....

And it's far more accurate than what you are calling your "analysis"...

And I said nothing about giving Conor a chance doesn't make you a fan....That's not my style...But it does make you retarded.
You literally said that ANYONE who believes that Conor even has a chance Is lying. Your words dude.. lol

I mean, you can think what you want, that what you're saying Is more accurate, whatever. It's just clear you're biased and you're not actually putting any actual thought Into breaking down the technical aspects of the fight.

As I've already outlined, both guys have their ways to win the fight. Regardless of your definition of accurate "analysis"

Unrelated

but Jon fitch was BJ's last great performance.

He looked great In that fight against what was like the top 2-3 WW at the time, too bad It had to end with that 3rd round.

BJ was never the same after that. He looked crushed In the post fight Interview.

He didn't have the gas tank, and Fitch was really big.

It's one of the reasons I hated BJ fighting these huge guys. Skill for skill, BJ was worlds better than Fitch, but then he ran out of gas and Fitch mauled him.

Prime BJ wins the first round, then proceeds to gas and lose the last three rounds.

He didn't have the gas tank, and Fitch was really big.

It's one of the reasons I hated BJ fighting these huge guys. Skill for skill, BJ was worlds better than Fitch, but then he ran out of gas and Fitch mauled him.
yup, crazy though. Essentially a natural 145er fighting a 185 pound welterweight. Don't think we will ever see such things in MMA again sadly.

You literally said that ANYONE who believes that Conor even has a chance Is lying. Your words dude.. lol"

Yes. And you apparently don't understand the meaning of words....That's not saying your not a fan of MMA. That's simply saying you're not being honest....

Now again. You can pretend all you want. I know if I gave you 1 million dollars and you had to bet on Conor or Khabib you would bet on Khabib in 1 second....You can pretend like you wouldn't but I know you would and it's because you have a pulse and seem to be alive...

you can think what you want, that what you're saying Is more accurate, whatever

Thank you....I do think what I want, and it IS more accurate than what you're suggesting on this subject...

Fair and thank you.

Does Khabib beat Nick or Rory? I say no chance against Rory, maybe Nick...in a 5 round fight Diaz Khabib is really interesting. Both cardio machines, Nick always dangerous on his back.

BJ getting finished by Khabib is laughable to me at lw or ww, and saying that GSP took him down at will is really irrelevant imo. Gsp would take every lw in history down at will.

He might win a decision against Diaz but I doubt it, and Rory would kill him. Rory's too long, an expert at managing range, and MUCH bigger.

In a three round fight Khabib might finish BJ, although unlikely; in a five round fight it's almost guaranteed. Khabib pressures too much. This is assuming BJ doesn't win a scramble and get a submission, we've never seen Khabib fight someone like BJ.

I mentioned GSP taking BJ down at will because a lot of people in this thread have said GSP struggled for the take down. Those people are woefully misguided.

Yes. And you apparently don't understand the meaning of words....That's not saying your not a fan of MMA. That's simply saying you're not being honest....

Now again. You can pretend all you want. I know if I gave you 1 million dollars and you had to bet on Conor or Khabib you would bet on Khabib in 1 second....You can pretend like you wouldn't but I know you would and it's because you have a pulse and seem to be alive...

Thank you....I do think what I want, and it IS more accurate than what you're suggesting on this subject...
Yeah I don't think you said "fan of mma" that was my bad, I corrected It.

Like I've said on the past, I would personally bet on Conor. I am actually a better and I put a lot of value on things like energy, aura, body language..etc. That's mainly why I gave Conor an edge where as on Paper I think It's more 50/50. But that's just me. At the end of the day you gotta do you, own your own opinions.

I don't think you're putting much thought Into it though. But most aren't so It is what it is.

prime bj had great striking, rarely got hit standing, and great takedown defense
he beat frankie in that first fight, despite retarded judges
i think he would have enough to beat khabib with counter striking and keeping it standing 5 rounds at his peak

He might win a decision against Diaz but I doubt it, and Rory would kill him. Rory's too long, an expert at managing range, and MUCH bigger.

In a three round fight Khabib might finish BJ, although unlikely; in a five round fight it's almost guaranteed. Khabib pressures too much. This is assuming BJ doesn't win a scramble and get a submission, we've never seen Khabib fight someone like BJ.

I mentioned GSP taking BJ down at will because a lot of people in this thread have said GSP struggled for the take down. Those people are woefully misguided.
marinovich BJ who could go 5 rounds n had abs tho? that BJ was a lot better than the BJ who fought gsp the 2nd time.

yup, crazy though. Essentially a natural 145er fighting a 185 pound welterweight. Don't think we will ever see such things in MMA again sadly.

I don't think BJ was a natural Featherweight, he was much better at lightweight.

I don't ever want to see those size mismatches again. I would have loved to have seen BJ focus on Lightweight, where he was one of the best of all time.

marinovich BJ who could go 5 rounds n had abs tho? that BJ was a lot better than the BJ who fought gsp the 2nd time.

He was in stellar shape, that's for sure.

I just think Khabib's pressure would make anyone wilt.

It would have been a fight to see, absolutely. BJ's far more dangerous, while Khabib seems to have inevitability on his side.

As a Huge BJ fan, I think he would lose to Khabib. BUT he would really want to fight Khabib because of the challenge.

That’s what made BJ great - BJ always wanted to fight fighters that could beat him. He always wanted to fight the guys that were bigger. There’s not many fighters like BJ left in mma.

Back