Pretty pathetic how they try to market conor as a “2 weight world champ” and refuse to say “former”

Conor might not be the champ but nobody ever beat him for his belts.
Can't beat someone who refuses to defend. Can't have a chance at winning the lottery if you never play.

Listening to the promos at the press conference, they call conor “2 division world champ” With no mention of the word “former” or any implication that he is no longer champ of any division.

Even more cringeworthy that he carries the belts around. Why are they trying to keep the fact that both belts were stripped from the casuals? I gurantee there Are thousands of casuals who still think he has both belts because the only media that releases this information is obscure mma media that only dedicated fans pay attention to.
Listening to the promos at the press conference, they call conor “2 division world champ” With no mention of the word “former” or any implication that he is no longer champ of any division.

Even more cringeworthy that he carries the belts around. Why are they trying to keep the fact that both belts were stripped from the casuals? I gurantee there Are thousands of casuals who still think he has both belts because the only media that releases this information is obscure mma media that only dedicated fans pay attention to.
Conor always has made it to the scale. Never missed weight. Never ruined a card. Let that sink in before you speak

History is not going to reflect very well on much of what has happened in the UFC. People got rich, but it will go down in history as a fraudulent joke, sports-wise.
I remember years ago how excited I was talking about upcoming and classic fights with anyone who would listen. A bunch of us guys would get together and watch the fights at the pub along with other enthusiastic fight fans.

Now most people can only name Conor and maybe 1 or 2 other fighters (even had one dude ask "when's Cro Cop next UFC fight?"). It seems to have grown to the point where it's solely about growth and making money and gone are the days of people getting really passionate about lots of different fighters. I don't even tell people I follow the sport any more.

To say that Conor is not a champ is a stretch. It seems that people are all split in this emotional dichotomy over the guy. They seem to want to either punch or fellate him.

Fact is, he's the returning, lineal champion, and it's a great matchup.
<PlusJuan>

I mean two people that Conor already beat easily keep fighting each other for the featherweight strap and the LW champ got his belt by cuddling the 11th ranked part time fighter to death

So yeah far as I'm concerned Conor is the champ of those divisions until somebody proves him otherwise

Fuck it, the fight is actually happening

but his claim to being the best LW is just as strong (stronger in my opinion) than Khabibs.
So in ur opinion a guy who is 1-0 in the UFC at LW has a stronger claim to being the best LW than a guy who is 10-0 at LW in the UFC ?

Thats hilarious

Carrying the belts it was a nice touch imo, in this case Khabib is a little to emotionless for my taste, but it was still a good move, the UFC promoting him, or simply missing the former part every time seems a bit poor, everyone knows he isnt the champ anymore, thats why Khabib is...he was away for a while tho, it isnt like he lost them, close but not the same.

So in ur opinion a guy who is 1-0 in the UFC at LW has a stronger claim to being the best LW than a guy who is 10-0 at LW in the UFC ?

Thats hilarious

McGregor beat the #1 ranked lineal champion. Does Khabib even have a top five win? I honestly don't know where Barboza and MJ were ranked. It doesn't seem that crazy to me.

Listening to the promos at the press conference. Even more cringeworthy that he carries the belts around. Why are they trying to keep the fact that both belts were stripped from the casuals? I gurantee there Arw thousands of casuals who still think he hds both belts because the only media that releases this information is obscure mma media that only dedicated fans pay attention to.

Not one mention of the fact that this is a title fight for a belt that conor was stripped of. No one mention of The fact That conor is the champ of no division, is a contender, and that khabib holds the belt that he lost

Dont get your panties all twisted over it.
{<Mcgoat}

Has anyone other than Chael Sonnen with his eBay belt brought any non-current/fake belts with them to press events?
It wasnt a fake but Jones had one of his belts in one of the 2nd DC fight press conferences.

Lol look who khabib beat for his belt tho... Al is probably ranked higher among long island real estate agents than pro fighters.

I lol at him carrying those 2 worthless belts. Yeah, he WAS the champ champ but that was years ago.

Sure, Mcgregor won the fw and lw belt in the most legitimate way but if you dont defend shit for years and the ufc hands a new belt to another fighter then you are no longer the champ. Plain and Simple. Khabib and Max are the lw and fw champs.

They’re trying to sell ppv’s. Facts don’t matter. #maga

Listening to the promos at the press conference. Even more cringeworthy that he carries the belts around. Why are they trying to keep the fact that both belts were stripped from the casuals? I gurantee there Arw thousands of casuals who still think he hds both belts because the only media that releases this information is obscure mma media that only dedicated fans pay attention to.

Not one mention of the fact that this is a title fight for a belt that conor was stripped of. No one mention of The fact That conor is the champ of no division, is a contender, and that khabib holds the belt that he lost
Fuck the completely uninformed casuals! They're part of the problem.

And yes... there is a problem.
<4>

No. No it doesnt. Conor is not a champ, but is being marketed as one. Khabib is the champ. These are facts. And have nothing to do with bias. Were not talking about who beat who. You brought that up for no apparent reason other than your lust for conor’s scrote
Khabib is interim to the interim champ. Conor was champ, Tony was interim, Khabib fought the #11 LW on days notice and went 5 rounds without hurting or putting Al in danger. He doesn't deserve that belt.

Fucking tissue paper champ.

Conor has not defended his belts. You have to defend your title once you win it.

Why cant conor loving fanboys grasp this.

Back