Pretty pathetic how they try to market conor as a “2 weight world champ” and refuse to say “former”

Pretty pathetic how they try to market conor as a “2 weight world champ” and refuse to say “former”
Who cares, let them promote. What difference to you does it make? Will it be more/less exciting if they say "former"? Just shut up and enjoy a great matchup and hopefully fight.

Cant wait for kabib to pulverize conor and make him quit.its going to be like a helpless boy vs a grown man fight

Wasn't Conor stripped for refusing to defend?

In other words "cowardice"?

Thats great. But has nothing to do with what we’re talking about here
I'd say it's just as well.

I mean, what are we supposed to be discussing here, your level of butthurt over minor details like the belts and why the guy said 'two weight champ'? You answered it yourself... 'market'.

I guess you're too stupid to know how being champion works? It's not a trophy you take home and keep. Conor may have his belts, but they're worth nothing if you don't have the title of "champion". Maybe try defending a belt for once eh?

Typical for Conor fans to retard hard before one of his fights.

Because he refuses to give anyone the same chance they gave him. Champions defend a belt, not sit on it and let it get stripped. Conor is a douche.

Here's how it works.
Conor give belt to Khabib to wax for him. Khabib give it back looking all nice and shiny.

I am not a Conor fan. Matter of fact, I hated Conor when he came to the UFC and for a long time. My opinion changed. He earned some respect. Also quite frankly he has the better resume.

You didn't answer my question. Who bailed on defended the LW title?

All I know is that Khabib pulled out twice against Tony. Also that Khabibs best wins are against a no muscle RDA and ther #11 fighter.

Nah. Ill keep talking
tenor.gif

I'm sure it'll continue to be very intriguing commentary..

I'd say it's just as well.

I mean, what are we supposed to be discussing here, your level of butthurt over minor details like the belts and why the guy said 'two weight champ'? You answered it yourself... 'market'.
Ever hear of business ethics?
Of course you havent

Easy Math

Honesty, equal treatment for all fighters , real respect on who should be on the line for the belt < MONEY

UFC are doing there job.....they are not here to promote sportsmanship, they are working for the Money...

Connor is the Golden Goose of this era, there were Golden Goose before him and there will be after him, but right now he is the Biggest Draw ..period

Don't be surprise if he gets a rematch, or a crack to another belt if he loses...MONEY BABY!!...MAKE IT RAIN!! WOOOHOO

Here's how it works.
Conor give belt to Khabib to wax for him. Khabib give it back looking all nice and shiny.

I am not a Conor fan. Matter of fact, I hated Conor when he came to the UFC and for a long time. My opinion changed. He earned some respect. Also quite frankly he has the better resume.

All I know is that Khabib pulled out twice against Tony. Also that Khabibs best wins are against a no muscle RDA and ther #11 fighter.

All I know is that you still haven't answered my question. Why did Khabib beat #11 to win the title and not the actual champion at the time?

that's how the UFC works regarding McG: everything to make him look good despite being stripped of both titles, doing felonies and stalling 2 divisions because he brings money.

Championships mean something to some people. Every rule in sports is a "made up concept", it doesn't make them any less valid. You used to have to earn a title shot, and the road to get there was harder than the one fight. Champions used to defend, and defenses were difficult, because the entire division was working towards beating you.

You may not feel this way, and these days, it looks like you're right, but being at the top of the hill used to mean something.

Khabib is the real champion here, no doubt about it. Conor didn't defend, the belt was taken away, and Khabib beat who they put in front of him. It doesn't matter... At all... That he didn't fight the number two guy. He was supposed to, and that guy dropped, so he fought the best guy they could find on short notice. Now Khabib's the champion, and he is immediately doing what Conor never did.

Conor absolutely should not be parading these belts. He crapped on them by failing to defend them, choosing instead to chase the bigger and better deal.

Conor should thank Aldo, Eddie, and khabib for giving him the opportunity that he never gives to anyone else.

It's a smart business move, but anyone with even an ounce of respect for the precarious sporting model of MMA will find it extremely annoying and disrespectful.

All I know is that you still haven't answered my question. Why did Khabib beat #11 to win the title and not the actual champion at the time?

All I know is that a real estate agent is the second best fighter on Khabibs record.

It's better this way. If Conor retired he'd do so as an unbeaten champion in two weight classes and we'd have to start the line all over again. This one goes back to Jens Pulver.

I'd also like to see him fight at FW again so that can get sorted out too.

Conor parading himself as champ after never defending once is a fucking joke.

History is not going to reflect very well on much of what has happened in the UFC. People got rich, but it will go down in history as a fraudulent joke, sports-wise.
Not really.

It's pathetic and the people defending him are pathetic.

Imagine nicco Montano, de randamie doing the same thing.

Conor beat the champion.
Khabib beat the #11 fighter.

Cry some more.
Not Khabib's fault that Ferguson pulled out of the fight. Not Khabib's fault McGregor REFUSED to defend the LW title. What you wanted Khabib to do, wait around for McGregor. Sorry, the sport doesn't wait around for no one.

Back