Pretty pathetic how they try to market conor as a “2 weight world champ” and refuse to say “former”

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Listening to the promos at the press conference. Even more cringeworthy that he carries the belts around. Why are they trying to keep the fact that both belts were stripped from the casuals? I gurantee there Arw thousands of casuals who still think he hds both belts because the only media that releases this information is obscure mma media that only dedicated fans pay attention to.

Not one mention of the fact that this is a title fight for a belt that conor was stripped of. No one mention of The fact That conor is the champ of no division, is a contender, and that khabib holds the belt that he lost

Listening to the promos at the press conference, they call conor “2 division world champ” With no mention of the word “former” or any implication that he is no longer champ of any division.

Even more cringeworthy that he carries the belts around. Why are they trying to keep the fact that both belts were stripped from the casuals? I gurantee there Are thousands of casuals who still think he has both belts because the only media that releases this information is obscure mma media that only dedicated fans pay attention to.

Last edited:
well he never lost the belts, he is a two weight champ.

History is not going to reflect very well on much of what has happened in the UFC. People got rich, but it will go down in history as a fraudulent joke, sports-wise.

Technically, he is two weight lineal champ.

But they don't recognize those things and shouldn't promote him as a champ if he's not.

Has anyone other than Chael Sonnen with his eBay belt brought any non-current/fake belts with them to press events?

What are you talking about. He lost both.
See this is exactly what the UFC wants casuals to think

He was stripped but he never lost them in an actual fight. He already beat the current fw champ and Khabib fought a guy that wasn't even in the top 10. I'd still say Conor is more of a legit champ at this point.

Seriously it's like the UFC is trying to make more money or something. Those pathetic money seeking bastards.

Last edited:
Has anyone other than Chael Sonnen with his eBay belt brought any non-current/fake belts with them to press events?

Derrick Lewis.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-19-at-21.47.42.png

Conor beat the champion.
Khabib beat the #11 fighter.

Cry some more.

Listening to the promos at the press conference, they call conor “2 division world champ” With no mention of the word “former” or any implication that he is no longer champ of any division.

Even more cringeworthy that he carries the belts around. Why are they trying to keep the fact that both belts were stripped from the casuals? I gurantee there Are thousands of casuals who still think he has both belts because the only media that releases this information is obscure mma media that only dedicated fans pay attention to.

I always thought you had to defend a belt before you actual got one of your own. Apparently not though or that rule has changed.

Back