President Trump: Creation of Space Force, 6th Branch of US Military

So we're going to throw more piles of cash at DOD contractors.

And I was all like "pew pew pew take that Bigly Trudeau "

X-force > Space force

Get rid of welfare for the parasites. Boom, space money.

I can't remember who it was but they were arguing we already have a decent amount of money going to space for NASA if they would stop trying to compete with Musk and Bezo in rockets. He said they should focus on other expensive challenges like mining equipment for meteors or a base on the moon for a plausible trip to mars. The free market shit on NASA by upgrading their 30 year old rocket tech and they are now trying to make up for it after the fact.

Last edited:
"We are going to have the air force but also will have the space force.... separate but equal."

giphy.gif

This is great news! America hasn't been this inspired since that alleged moon landing...

Starting at 11:37

President Trump has announced a DOD directive to establish a 6th branch of the US Military, a US Space Force. The dimension of Space is currently run by US Strategic Command (4-Star General Command) via the Joint Space Operations Center and Air Force Space Command (both 3-Star Commands).

I find this is to be incredibly interesting, and I'd like to see how this develops. At present, I'm a bit skeptical of the need for a Space Force. The reason for that is because I'm asking myself the following questions:
1. First and foremost, is there a function that isn't being performed that should be?
2. If not, is there a function that isn't being performed to the level that is appropriate? By this I mean something to the effect of, "Do we have 4 guys assigned to a task that we should have several thousand assigned to?"
3. Is there another country that is either challenging US space supremacy and is on track to challenge US space supremacy?
4. Could the duties of a US Space Force be adopted by an existing US military branch (probably the Air Force, as they pretty much do all the space stuff nowadays anyways) that already has existing processes, procedures, and infrastructure? A US Space Force would still need human resources folks, IT personnel, a medical staff, lawyers, truck drivers to move stuff around, military police, forces to guard facilities and launch pads like the Air Force Security Forces do for airstrips, and more. Does it make sense to recreate the wheel in a separate military branch instead of piggybacking off of existing military branches, using their personnel and processes?

On the other hand, it could lead to more space missions that get humans to Mars and beyond, lead to the establishment of colonies on other planets, capture American wonder (and get us thinking about the future instead of living in the past, something I fear that we do a lot these days), and create a ton of opportunities.

I guess the whole thing would really need to be fleshed out more before I pass any meaningful judgment, but what say you?

Where do I sign up?

I'm already enlisted with the USANG.

It’s cause trump is stupid guys nothing more to it, nothing to see here

This is the most pumped I've been in months. I've been playing upbeat music and shadow boxing for the past couple hours over this.

MOTHER FUCKING SPACE FORCE

SPACE
MOTHER
FUCKING
FORCE

You all will not think it's so stupid when you see me in my ballin space marine suit.
Hold my railgun...

This is objectively the coolest thing a President has ever done.

Back