President Trump: Creation of Space Force, 6th Branch of US Military

sub_thug

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Starting at 11:37

President Trump has announced a DOD directive to establish a 6th branch of the US Military, a US Space Force. The dimension of Space is currently run by US Strategic Command (4-Star General Command) via the Joint Space Operations Center and Air Force Space Command (both 3-Star Commands).

I find this is to be incredibly interesting, and I'd like to see how this develops. At present, I'm a bit skeptical of the need for a Space Force. The reason for that is because I'm asking myself the following questions:
1. First and foremost, is there a function that isn't being performed that should be?
2. If not, is there a function that isn't being performed to the level that is appropriate? By this I mean something to the effect of, "Do we have 4 guys assigned to a task that we should have several thousand assigned to?"
3. Is there another country that is either challenging US space supremacy and is on track to challenge US space supremacy?
4. Could the duties of a US Space Force be adopted by an existing US military branch (probably the Air Force, as they pretty much do all the space stuff nowadays anyways) that already has existing processes, procedures, and infrastructure? A US Space Force would still need human resources folks, IT personnel, a medical staff, lawyers, truck drivers to move stuff around, military police, forces to guard facilities and launch pads like the Air Force Security Forces do for airstrips, and more. Does it make sense to recreate the wheel in a separate military branch instead of piggybacking off of existing military branches, using their personnel and processes?

On the other hand, it could lead to more space missions that get humans to Mars and beyond, lead to the establishment of colonies on other planets, capture American wonder (and get us thinking about the future instead of living in the past, something I fear that we do a lot these days), and create a ton of opportunities.

I guess the whole thing would really need to be fleshed out more before I pass any meaningful judgment, but what say you?

giphy.gif

Outer Space Treaty, how the hell does it work?

"We need to reign in government spending!!!"

"So how about a Space Force! Sounds cool right? Ok so first things first, I'm gonna need about a trillion dollars, cash...."

Trump is Alpha.

Deal with it.

He has point to make. China is ethno nationalist and has centralized power of everything. They can easily dump trillions or more into gene engineering, space, cyber, bioweapons, etc. They are the future master race and country of world.

Meanwhile other countries. welll yeah.....

Outer Space Treaty, how the hell does it work?

You think that is gonna stop other countries like China from weaponizing space?

Just look at the situation in Antarctica. Bunch of countries have claims there in some treaty that isn't worth the paper it is printed on. The frontier belongs to the strong and bold. Not the rule abiding.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that this is just another "HEY!!!! Look over THERE!!!!"

<mma3>

You think that is gonna stop other countries like China from weaponizing space?

Just look at the situation in Antarctica. Bunch of countries have claims there.

Oh I forgot, this is Trumpville where multilateral treaties mean nothing and all the rules are made up.

Y'all are retarded.

Regardless of Trump, space is the only way humans will survive at this rate. Look around think of all of the resources we have harvested from the earth. All the metal in the cars and construction. All the fresh water we have pumped out of the ground. Does anyone think the earth can support humans doubling the population again?​

Trump is Alpha.

Deal with it.

Ah America. The land where even an out of shape, overly sensitive man rustled by comments about his hand size, can be called Alpha.

I wish the laws of nature still applied to us. A 5 foot tall, semi-athletic woman would've beat the shit out of Trump for some fruit by now.

I'm guessing one of the first things attacked in the next big war would be satellites and internet and utilities.

LMFAO...Space Force...LMFAO... I really hope it isn't called that...That will be fucking stupid.

Anyways, I agree in investing more in space tho...They should up NASA's funding......As for an actual Military Branch in Space......As much as I wish countries would work together to explore the universe....I know it's inevitably, space wars will happen....So might as well create a military branch.

However, Trump probably just did this to get more headlines lol.

It's just a matter of time before we get the real kind of illegal aliens so best to get a head start.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot, this is Trumpville where multilateral treaties mean nothing and all the rules are made up.

Y'all are retarded.

Right. China won't take any military steps into space. Laws just magically make people not do things. Might rules you clown. DO you know how many treaties and international laws the US and China break every fuckin day? Sit back and let people of action take over. Not lackeys tied to rules. YOu are gonna get us all killed.

Back