Premier League Thread 2017/18 v65: "I'm So Tired Robbie" Edition

Who's a bigger Cunt?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to see how Pep would do with a club on same budget as Poch at Spurs

Still think he'd do very well.

Not to knock Spurs/Poch but they have been pretty fortunate (and very astute) to assemble their squad so cheaply.

It's hard to imagine they will be able to bring in so many top players to their squad for such (relatively) little money indefinitely. Still feel that club has to decide what they want to be.

Indeed.

He still needs to step up and really prove he's worthy of the worldlie title though......to be the main man week in week out. If he plays anywhere near his best United would be nailed on for the top 4 at least this season. That there is still doubt in people's minds tells me Pogba is somewhat under-performing.

For several reasons, not least injury this season, he's not had a great first 18 months......certainly not bad either. Still haven't seen him take the game by the scruff of the neck like Keane and Vieira (and dare I say it Gerrard, used to do).
I'm surprised Mou hasnt gotten more heat off Utd fans, tbh.

I understand youre coming off a really rough spell but for the money he's spent & the time he's had i think he's underachieved.

Might sound ridiculous with him being in 2nd place, tbh, but its taken him way too long, and a few injuries, to field a side i'd say is near befitting of wearing Utd shirt.

Not to knock Spurs/Poch but they have been pretty fortunate (and very astute) to assemble their squad so cheaply.

It's hard to imagine they will be able to bring in so many top players to their squad for such (relatively) little money indefinitely. Still feel that club has to decide what they want to be.
Come on, mate.

Look what he's done to Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Vertognen, Alderweireld & Wanyama's games etc. Got 50m for an avg RB & has practically gotten 15m Aurier up to his level already.

He destroyed City last season with his full strength XI

I'm surprised Mou hasnt gotten more heat off Utd fans, tbh.

I understand youre coming off a really rough spell but for the money he's spent & the time he's had i think he's underachieved.

Might sound ridiculous with him being in 2nd place, tbh, but its taken him way too long, and a few injuries, to field a side i'd say is near befitting of wearing Utd shirt.

Agree.

Said it last season where we got out of jail and nothing much has changed. Whilst City's freak season has made it look worse than it actually is, it has still been disappointing. We just seem to be missing that X factor and you feel at least 5-6 members of the squad have a lot more to offer than they are currently showing.

I'm all for supporting the club and manager, but won't do it blindly, like some fans seem to. The narrative of "It's 100x better than it was under Moyes and LvG" is both not really true and infuriating to me.

Agree.

Said it last season where we got out of jail and nothing much has changed. Whilst City's freak season has made it look worse than it actually is, it has still been disappointing. We just seem to be missing that X factor and you feel at least 5-6 members of the squad have a lot more to offer than they are currently showing.

I'm all for supporting the club and manager, but won't do it blindly, like some fans seem to. The narrative of "It's 100x better than it was under Moyes and LvG" is both not really true and infuriating to me.
Yeah, not throwing shade your way. You've been entirely consistent in your honesty!

I just dont understand why out of all the Spurs squad Mourinho is interested in Dier & Rose.

I find that baffling. Dier's an ok utility guy but hell be lucky to get starts once Alderweireld is back. Dembele & Wanyama are far better midfielders than he is.

And Rose is so injury prone, not to mention a bit average.

Come on, mate.

Look what he's done to Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Vertognen, Alderweireld & Wanyama's games etc. Got 50m for an avg RB & has practically gotten 15m Aurier up to his level already.

He destroyed City last season with his full strength XI

Think you are misunderstanding me.

I am saying he / Spurs has gotten all these first team XI players in for peanuts (Kane (0), Eriksen (12), Dele (5), Son (20), Vertognen (10), Alderweireld (11) & Wanyama (11)). He has improved them and gotten the absolute most of them, which is highly commendable.....but also somewhat fortunate.

What I am saying is it will be very hard to expect to continue to bring in that quality of player indefinitely, unless you spend 50m+ per player.

Long term you'd think there is as much chance of getting the next Janssen or Sissoko as their is the next Eriksen or Alli.

I just dont understand why out of all the Spurs squad Mourinho is interested in Dier & Rose.

I find that baffling. Dier's an ok utility guy but hell be lucky to get starts once Alderweireld is back. Dembele & Wanyama are far better midfielders than he is.

And Rose is so injury prone, not to mention a bit average.

I think Dier was basically a back up (or cover in the press) in case we missed out on Matic.

Rose is baffling, though. Shaw clearly has a higher upside and even if for whatever reason JM doesn't fancy him you'd think he'd aim higher than Rose at LB. Legit argument to say he's not even Spur's best LB.

Kane is probably untouchable at the moment but surprised more clubs haven't been sniffing around Eriksen. At 25-26 he's at the perfect age to move to a really big club, and I'd imagine he'd improve every squad (if not XI) in world football. Wonder how much Spurs could get for him. I'd take him over Coutinho and Sanchez.

Think you are misunderstanding me.

I am saying he / Spurs has gotten all these first team XI players in for peanuts (Kane (0), Eriksen (12), Dele (5), Son (20), Vertognen (10), Alderweireld (11) & Wanyama (11)). He has improved them and gotten the absolute most of them, which is highly commendable.....but also somewhat fortunate.

What I am saying is it will be very hard to expect to continue to bring in that quality of player indefinitely, unless you spend 50m+ per player.

Long term you'd think there is as much chance of getting the next Janssen or Sissoko as their is the next Eriksen or Alli.
He's done quite well grooming kids.

Winks looks a prospect & he's got a knack for getting middling back ups to over achieve. Davies & Tripper have both contributed despite having clear weaknesses & low ceilings.

Sissoko has been a bust. No hiding there.

Strikers live off confidence & even City have had a boatload of back up busts. Bony etc

Davinson looks a decent buy so far.

But yeah, its not easy. Poch did quite well with little money at Southampton too.

C3B9iz9VQAAqeT6.jpg

I think Dier was basically a back up (or cover in the press) in case we missed out on Matic.

Rose is baffling, though. Shaw clearly has a higher upside and even if for whatever reason JM doesn't fancy him you'd think he'd aim higher than Rose at LB. Legit argument to say he's not even Spur's best LB.

Kane is probably untouchable at the moment but surprised more clubs haven't been sniffing around Eriksen. At 25-26 he's at the perfect age to move to a really big club, and I'd imagine he'd improve every squad (if not XI) in world football. Wonder how much Spurs could get for him. I'd take him over Coutinho and Sanchez.
Eriksen is a marvelous player. Daspy would take him over Coutinho too. And he's a right picky fucker lol

Kane would be a fn perfect fit for City. They'd be a scary side with him up top. I'd have to take a knee if he left for them!

Wouldn't be surprised if Real come sniffing in the summer. The clock is deffo ticking on winning something to keep him around.

He's done quite well grooming kids.

:eek::eek::eek:

Winks looks a prospect & he's got a knack for getting middling back ups to over achieve. Davies & Tripper have both contributed despite having clear weaknesses & low ceilings.

Sissoko has been a bust. No hiding there. Strikers live off confidence & even City have had a boatload of back up busts. Bony etc

Davinson looks a decent buy so far.

But yeah, its not easy. Poch did quite well with little money at Southampton too.

I heard the ESPN crew talking about Davinson and his Colombia CB partner Yerry Mina, who has just signed for Barcelona for 10m.

The consensus was that Mina was the better player and that Barcelona have potentially got one of the "deals of the century".

Spurs signing Davinson for 43m is probably what they need to do, but whilst United, Chelsea, City etc can afford to have a bust or two even at that price, you feel Spurs have to get these deals right 90% if they are going to sustain their current form.

Fosu Mensah is enjoying is loan spell at Palace. Had a couple man of the match performances already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back