Predictions for Lee vs Chiesa?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If Lee doesn't get stupid and gives up his back; I don't see how Chiesa wins this. His overall striking is horrible, - his defense is even worse - and has little power. Lee is still learning striking and could use work on his head movement, but he has some nice boxing; but like Chiesa, he doesn't carry much power; however he did land a good head kick that rocked Trinaldo (who is also much more powerful and stronger than Chiesa) and submitted him minutes later.

I also doubt that Chiesa will be able to get him down, Lee seems much stronger and is generally a better MMA wrestler than Chiesa and should be able to take Chiesa down. From there, he will either: win by tko by ground strikes or a wide decision after Chiesa gasses.

I think MMA is crazy, Dariush was lighting Chiesa up (not exactly hard) on the feet in the first round of their fight; although he did gas and somehow got submitted - Dariush is much more accomplished in grappling that Chiesa.

Thoughts?

Not really excited at all for this fight tbh. Chiesa maybe by submission

Even the press conference brawl couldn't get me excited for this fight, sorry.

Lee seems to want to be the black Conor, but he just doesn't have the substance behind the smack talk IMO.

Not sure but I'm really excited because of that press conference scuffle. It is inevitable that Kevin Lee gets merked one of these days, not sure if I want him to get fucked up by Chiesa or have him continue to embrace the heel spot. Either way fights gonna be epic

Even the press conference brawl couldn't get me excited for this fight, sorry.

Lee seems to want to be the black Conor, but he just doesn't have the substance behind the smack talk IMO.
He will once he strangles Chiesa.

Chiesa via "Don't you ever talk about my Mom!" Homeless-like beard power.

Chiesa is funny, he must be the only guy who fights emotional and does better for it.

I feel like he will probably decision Lee, he's faced better guys and beat them.

I hope Chiesa tools this clown's ass with reckless abandon.

I like Lee, I just don't see how he beats Chiesa.
By taking him down and pounding Chiesa out? Chiesa isn't exactly a master from his back; while Lee carries heavy pressure passing and quite strong ground and pound. Chiesa isn't a great wrestler either.

Lee brutalizes Chiesa and then chokes him out in the second.

Hope he doesn't pull a Scoggins, I like the dude. Very entertaining fighter to watch.

By taking him down and pounding Chiesa out? Chiesa isn't exactly a master from his back; while Lee carries heavy pressure passing and quite strong ground and pound. Chiesa isn't a great wrestler either.
He should also have the advantage on the feet, could see him catching Mike with a sneaky head kick, like he did against Trinaldo.

Back