Post some fights you like

I love this fight but rarely watch it because of the outcome. Really think McClellan could've been one of the greats! A damn shame

I always liked Casamayor. I'd love to have seen him and Floyd fight at 130-135.

Norris kept going for it regardless......

@Seano I thought I was old AF..

That Kevin Kelley fight is one of my all time favorites..

I saw it on tape delay back in my home country but this was one of the first fights that had me screaming up on my feet.

I forgot what round it was, but there was one moment where Kevin Kelley dropped his hands and let dorsett hit him several times...

He pulled a "Ricardo mayorga" before it was cool.

You're from South Korea originally, correct?

I love this fight but rarely watch it because of the outcome. Really think McClellan could've been one of the greats! A damn shame

I can't watch it as I know his sister Lisa who watches after him now. He one that fight in the first round

My dog is named Randall, ive had a few people comment on how it is a 'posh' name for a terrier

And yet it gets discussed very little compared to other great eras.
Yeah it's a what people remember lately type of thing. Oscar being the main scapegoat... De La Hoya is discounted on his ATG status, because the only guys he beat in that era was Vargas and Mayorga, but Quartey and Oba Carr were no joke as well. It was murderers row of guys, and Oscar's skill speed and power would stand up against most WW to JMWs ever. But what is one gonna say about Mosley, Trinidad, Hopkins, Winky, Vargas, Mayorga, Quartey, Forrest etc. all in or around the division at the same time. Most people around here mostly remember Mosley and ODLH on the back end of their careers losing to Pacman, Floyd, Cotto etc. Not many realize those guys were passing the torch in those fights.

I always liked Casamayor. I'd love to have seen him and Floyd fight at 130-135.
Me too. I was a fan of his. That fight would've been something! Casamayor was probably the craftier of the two at that point. It would've been Floyd's youth, athleticism, speed and power vs craft, grit and downright doggedness.

Looool
Yup...which is why I hate that black mother f'er @DeJulez .

Lol...
No But seriously, yea...
1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Koreans and blacks should get along better. B/c you both have Seoul!

I don't care if I just bombed I'm keeping it lol.

Great thread in the oceans of McGregor / Khan bullshit.

Carl "the Cat" Thompson, at this point a 40 year old warhorse in the twilight of his career against a young, lean, hungry David Haye in his 11th fight challenging for the IBO Cruiserweight title.

Few were giving Thompson, a notoriously slow starter, a chance....

I'll add some PBF contribution to this thread. One where he was at his peak and dismantled a great opponent:

And another personal favorite of mine that has family drama in it (rejoice MMA fans, WWE shenanigans!)

Great thread btw, added to favorites

Back