Post some fights you like

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
No particular theme here. Its been a while since we had a fights thread. Just post a fight that you think was a good fight and say something about it. Epic wars, fights that made you respect someone, shocked you, made you laugh- whatever.

I was just watching Pac vs Tony on ESPN Classic fights. You know, I think this is a pretty underrated scrap. People recall it for all the damage Pac did to Tony but Margarito was in that fight. He was getting outlanded probably 4-1 but he was landing some pretty wicked body shots. This IMO, is one of Pacs most impressive fights. Margarito looked like a giant in there. He would have beaten a lot of fighters that night.

This fight was a lot of fun. I think this was Cotto's real coming out party for a lot of fans. Shows everything that made Cotto interesting- Power, bending the rules as far as he could without being called dirty, heart etc...

I actually wasn't watching a lot of boxing at the time of this fight, I was working on saturdays and was poor so I missed most of the big fights. I caught this one at a friends house and it really sucked me back in. Such an underrated heavyweight fight.

This is one of my favorite fights. From the old Tuesday Night Fights series, best boxing series ever.

Pac was hurt to the body in that fight with Margarito. That fight aged him a bit, I remember he said it was too high in weight and he would not do it again.

Here is a fun one for the MMA guys who don't recognize any of the boxing undercard matchups. This fight stole the show. Lots of action and a dramatic ending.

Masterful , I remember my dad talking about it.

Grew up

Heartbreaking

One of my fav. fights of all time is the first Sergio Martinez vs. paul Williams fight. It was a perfect style clash because Williams was very front foot heavy and Sergio was a counter puncher. Both exchanged knockdowns and started trading punches toe to toe half way through the fight until the final bell.

Lopez vs. Alvarez II
Lopez bleeding from about 4 cuts puts on a heroic performance to grind out a decision against a tank like Alvarez that just seemed impervious to damage. Right down to the final seconds Lopez is unloading all he has in an effort to get the KO. Epic bloody war.

Morales vs Pacquiao 1
Morales utterly refusing to let any exchange go Manny's way. Manny would land a decent combo, Morales fires back immediately and with more significant blows.

Ioka vs Yaegashi, this match, while pretty much going to Ioka the whole time was a wonderful performance by an our matched Yaegashi. He came in, showed different angles, cut off Ioka from keeping him out and just was a whirling dervish in that fight. I learned to much from this fight and Yaegashi in general. So it's got a special place for me. Dunno if others will enjoy it as much.

Jeff Fenech vs Azumah Nelson 1

jeff fenech vs Marcos Villasana, was special because i was there

Lester Ellis vs Barry Michael

Last edited:
All-out wars I've always loved :

Kronk gym Caveman Lee could sure punch, but tended to get cocky. Tough as nails John Lo Cicero gave him hell that night.

Very underrated FOTY. I score this a draw.

Legendary round 8. The rest is damn fine too.

Part 2 of a trilogy. Zaragoza was the better boxer, but he ran into a bad matchup.

Not the best-known Mexico-Puerto Rico brawl, but arguably my favorite.

Last edited:

Holyfields granite chin, plus George's heart at that age was amazing.

round 9 is one of the best ever.

All out war, so much respect for the "Hit Man" to stand in front of Hagler.

Taylor won the fight, Steele absolutely screwed him, Taylor was never the same after this fight.

Roy Jones was really never interested in hurting his opponents until he hit Griffin on his knees in their first fight. He destroys him here. Motivated in shape Roy Jones was unstoppable.

Last edited:
The fight itself isn't that amazing to be honest, but this to me was really one of 'those moments'.
Pavlik back then was on a high, mostly looking for a paycheck from 'old man Hopkins' and I think he was coming of that loss to Calzaghe.
I respect Hopkins craft and career, but I really thought this would be Pavliks night for sure

Some fights that I also thought of have been posted already

The fight itself isn't that amazing to be honest, but this to me was really one of 'those moments'.
Pavlik back then was on a high, mostly looking for a paycheck from 'old man Hopkins' and I think he was coming of that loss to Calzaghe.
I respect Hopkins craft and career, but I really thought this would be Pavliks night for sure

Some fights that I also thought of have been posted already

bet on Hopkins at +425. One of my all time favorite fights. Bhop is my idol, and this shows what hard work and determination is all about

Antonio Demarco vs Jorge Linares
This was on the undercard of Hopkins/Dawson 1. It's a forgotten gem, mostly because the mention of Hopkins/Dawson 1 makes boxing fans groan. This fight, however, made the PPV worth buying. (Russian commentary, sorry)

Pryor vs Arguello 2
Everyone remembers how great the first fight was but I wonder if many remember how great the rematch was. Arguello actually almost got Pryor out of there in this one.

Marquez vs Barrera
A forgotten gem. Overshadowed by the other fights from the Fab Four Featherweights from 10+ years ago. This fight delivers the goods, and was a great style matchup.

All-out wars I've always loved :

Kronk gym Caveman Lee could sure punch, but tended to get cocky. Tough as nails John Lo Cicero gave him hell that night.

Very underrated FOTY. I score this a draw.

Legendary round 8. The rest is damn fine too.

Part 2 of a trilogy. Zaragoza was the better boxer, but he ran into a bad matchup.

Not the best-known Mexico-Puerto Rico brawl, but arguably my favorite.

Awesome choices.

Back