Ponzi scheme is sleeping on Platinum, Claimed he never saw Mike fight.

Is anybody gonna actually address the eye poke thing? Like is that an actual quote..? If so fuck this guy i hope Perry knocks him dead

And i hate Perry
what? TS edited what he said to be funnier. click the link and he actually said "knock out" instead of "poke". do you really think he would say he would poke people out on an interview? haha

I always go there to poke people 's eyes out. I go there to put my hands on their eyes. I’m an aggressive fighter, that’s my style. I don’t care about him. If he wants to promote the fight, do what you want, whatever. I don’t care. I poke out whoever stands in front of me.
{<jordan}

Teh trooff
icon_cheers.png

you mean he beat journeymen gunnar and it's not that impressive? I agree, but he's still an exciting fighter
I watched that fight live was shocked he took Gunnar out so fast that was fairly impressive but I specifically mentioned his win streak. Did Gunnar look the same too you in the Ponzi fight? He seemed off but it could.just be me.

He will light perry up just like Jouban did

Like a Christmas tree

But KTFO of Him though

I watched that fight live was shocked he took Gunnar out so fast that was fairly impressive but I specifically mentioned his win streak. Did Gunnar look the same too you in the Ponzi fight? He seemed off but it could.just be me.
ha, I was just trying to dis gunnar. he looked similar, no? gunnar was never this great fighter. he's a good fighter, but I don't think he stands out in any particular way. he's still a bit young though. I think he just fought a dangerous guy, got rocked and that was it. he was also getting tagged against tumenov (great striker), but tumenov can't defend a takedown for shit, so he just took him down and submitted him. a good win against jouban, but jouban isn't anything remarkable. good and exciting fighter, but that's it

Bisping is
Agreed, that streak was shit. That's why I said "current" 5-fight (or over) winstreaks. There's not a lot of em and all of them are pretty good fighters. Khabib, Ortega, Taisumov, Ponzinibbio, Whittaker, Ferguson, etc. All of them are easily Top 5 caliber.

So I do think that winstreaks like that matter and tell us something about a fighter.
Bisping is on a 5 fight win streak. How can you leave out BisGOAT?

what? TS edited what he said to be funnier. click the link and he actually said "knock out" instead of "poke". do you really think he would say he would poke people out on an interview? haha

I mean thats what i figured but after watching him deliberately attempt to rip gunnars eyes out in slo-mo i dont know what to believe lol

Bisping is

Bisping is on a 5 fight win streak. How can you leave out BisGOAT?

He got KTFO by Silva.
trollface.jpg

But yeah, you're right. I didn't even know he was on a 5-fight streak by now. Pretty impressive.

He couldn't see

"It’s a good fight. It’s a good fight I think he’s very popular now, he likes to talk a lot and promote himself, so this is going to be a good fight. I always enter my fights the same way, I always go there to poke peoples' eyes out. I go there to put my hands on their eyes. I’m an aggressive fighter, that’s my style. I don’t care about him. If he wants to promote the fight, do what you want, whatever. I don’t care. I poke out whoever stands in front of me. If he doesn’t go down, I will hurt him.

I wanted to fight (Carlos) Condit, (Rafael) dos Anjos, but unfortunately it didn’t happen, I have to stay active. I want to stay in rhythm. Perry is on a roll and promotes his fights well, and I think this will be great.

"Honestly, I never watched even one of his fights. I have to watch it now. I wasn’t eyeing this fight, to be honest with you. I was thinking about Condit, dos Anjos, (Donald) Cerrone. They were my options, but it didn’t happen. But this fight is good. I’ll study his fights and see what he brings, and based on that I will prepare my strategy and train for that.

I have what it takes to fight for the belt already, I have the potential to become champion, but it’s up to the UFC to give me the chance, I know I have the potential to fight the champion. I beat the No. 8 welterweight in 82 seconds. I’ve fought great opponents, so I deserve it. It’s UFC’s call. I’m here. "

-Ponzibabbo

He is going to pay the price for underestimating Platinum. He will realise once Mike puts his black belt hands on Ponzi. Platinum is going to send him to shadow realm.

4KewqP7.jpg

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...d-mike-perry-fight-promises-knock-him-out-ufc

You mean like Platbum was sleeping on Alan Jouban?

What a cheating :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Hope mike kills him but Mike is a merciful God unlike dan Henderson.

You mean like Platbum was sleeping on Alan Jouban?
Plat was going through an obvious transition during that fight. It's not that he slept on Jouban... but that was his first fight since adding more defense to his game.

Good on him for sticking to the training & strategy... but from that fight he learned that there's a time for defense... but you can't be to under-aggressive either. His last 2 fights since then, you can see the evolution from that lesson... & he won't make that mistake again.

I think you misunderstood him.
He noted he was merely not following mike because it was not whom he hoped to fight.

But he said pretty clearly: "I’ll study his fights and see what he brings, and based on that I will prepare my strategy and train for that."
The bolded text tells me...
watch-out-guys-weve-got-a-runner-over-here.jpg

Perry 1,2,5...

One top 10 win and wanting a title shot. I mean confidence Is good but beat a few more ppl maybe
He literally mentioned, AT LEAST 3 fighters ranked ahead of him that he was hoping to fight. None of them are the champion. So, obviously he knows that he needs more quality wins under his belt, hence his surprise at getting Perry. He didn't say that he wanted an immediate title shot. He's saying that having beaten the #8 contender, he was expecting to fight more guys ranked ahead of him in order to legitimize a title shot.

He didn't say that he wanted an immediate title shot. He's saying that having beaten the #8 contender, he was expecting to fight more guys ranked ahead of him in order to legitimize a title shot.
Sometimes you fight up your division ranks & sometimez down... but after the way he won the last fight it makes sense to not reward him with someone currently ranked higher. Having to get KO'ed by Plat is his punishment imo.
YBhcsvY.gif

He literally mentioned, AT LEAST 3 fighters ranked ahead of him that he was hoping to fight. None of them are the champion. So, obviously he knows that he needs more quality wins under his belt, hence his surprise at getting Perry. He didn't say that he wanted an immediate title shot. He's saying that having beaten the #8 contender, he was expecting to fight more guys ranked ahead of him in order to legitimize a title shot.
Show me where I said immediate. I swear ppl on sherdog have THEE worst comprehension skills. His last paragraph in quotes directly shows he wants a title shot but its in the UFC's hands.

Back