Poll: Who "won" the conference?

Who "won" the conference?

• Khabib

• Conor

• Nobody

Results are only viewable after voting.
Conor's over the top anger and energy came off as a bit desperate. Especially without any fans being there, he just seemed like a madman with the drinking, cackling, and shouting.

But as the press conference went on and he started to calm down a bit, he had some really good banter that cracked Khabib's stoicism. At the end he came off really strong shutting down Ali and taking the stage by himself with his two belts.

Nobody won....Conor was Cringey and Khabib was a foreigner.

Considering it isn't khabibs forte, he did Suprsingly good, whereas Conor came off looking like a coke induced Manlet, trying way too hard and babbling incoherently at times. The mindless populous feeds off this so no surprise how they love everything he does.

No one. That was a terrible waste of time.

Conor fans seem to desperately need to believe this...it's like they know he can't win via skill...so they need to invent some nonsense way for him to win via "Jedi mind tricks".

Lol we desperately "need" to believe this?

Khabib fans are the ones who are dissecting EVERY little minuscule detail from this press conference to insure themselves that Khabib gonna win.
Lmfao such insecure mental midgets

Conor, but only becaues Khabib said nothing whereas Conor had a few decent lines.

The press conference was shit though.

We're all under this impression that Conor was trying to rustle his jimmies. I agree it wasn't what it was before.

Here, ill explain how i came to this conclusion.

- Dana White said Conor won the mental gsme " ok, not much there, but at first I thought neither really walked with much and it just got me thinking wtf Dana was talking about "

- then it comes out that Conor was pretending to drink alcohol (if you need a source let me know)

- then Khabib responds to "alcoholic Conor"

So Conor pretended to be a drunk, and Khabib fell for it. I'd say thats a win if i ever did see one.

But that is my interpretation of how it looks.

That's a clever play by Conor if so, but he can throw all the red-herrings he wants at Khabib. It only matters if it will help him in the fight/distract Khabib from his strengths. My take was that this was a press conference with a highly charismatic Irish guy and a somewhat charismatic Dagestani who's can't fully express himself in english. There was never a scenario where Khabib wins the mic-battle with McGregor IMO the best he could do was appear rather un-phased. Khabib took the bait on more than one occasion but I see this as a product of his focus being on Oct 6 and what happens in the cage rather than focusing overmuch on how he looks at the press conference. He seems to be highly focused and you can see the struggle within as he restrains himself. Khabib wouldn't get treated as well as Conor did if he commited crimes in the USA lets be honest, he's a muslim foreigner.
I fully expect Conor to win every battle leading up to Oct 6 and then I expect it to be Khabib time, we will see and I can't wait.

Conor should've won but the fact he was angry and triggered the entire time is an automatic loss. If any poster on here were ranting like Conor they'd get a zillion u rustled comments. Khabib via keeping his calm and having some good lines despite barely knowing the language.

This is a no brainer, khabib barely talked, he sat that there like a mope!

Tony Ferguson won the conference.

Khabib is boring and Conor was annoying. Presser would've been 100 times better with Tony there instead of Khabib.

Felt like conor was to over the top. It's better to let the opponent speak so you have more material to trash talk with.

Conor came across like an unmedicated mental patient. He wasn't funny or witty or charismatic. He was sweaty, pasty and twitchy. He didn't sound confident about his upcoming fight. he sounded like a man who knows his MMA career is coming to an end and wants to promote his outside business interests.

Khabib, even with a language barrier, came across and calm, cool and composed. His relaxed demeanor made Conor appear even more like some meth-head. He exuded total confidence...and it didn't seem forced or contrived like Conor's silly bravado.

Didn't Conor fans also think he 'won' the press conferences against Floyd?

You don't think he did? He brutalized Floyd with crushing insults like

"You are a weasel"
"FOOK YOU"
"Your head looks like a Malteser"
"I will bounce your head off the canvas"
"SHUT YOUR MOUTH"
"I am black from the waist down" (then starts humping the air)

Add in all the random yelling about nothing and i don't see how it was not a clear win for Conor

This is exactly why MMA his going downhill.

There are people genuinely wondering who "won" the press conference. And even better. There are actually people putting in their 2 cents on who won...

Conor won even tho he wasnt at his best.
Khabin looked timid and just another opponent for conor. Not this confident undefeated russian vibe he usually gives off vs other opponents.

Khabib won. Mcg was just rambling over and over again. normally his opponents gets startled very early but not with khabib.

Back