Poll: Premier League Thread 2017/18 v69: Canchez LOOMS Edition.

Who Has The Bigger Impact?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have regressed
Spurs having a sideways season due to stadium move & injuries
Utd gutting their philosophy for few short cut band aids
LOL

First thing blokey does is take shots. Love it.

-Alexis's signing on fee
-Mino's agent fee
-Mkhitaryan's transfer worth
-Increase in Alexis's wages over 4.5 yrs.

Add it all up & i'd assume Utd are paying more than the 75m that transfermarkt estimate Alexis's worth to be.

But eh, you guys keep on with your buying him on a free narrative if you must.

If you add on any players wages, signing on fees etc it will add up to more than their estimated transfer value......crazy as that sounds.

Believe it or not, it is not just United who pay these things.

A few morons on Twitter claiming it is "free" doesn't mean anything- they said the same for Zatan. I've told you before, by and large random Twitter accounts are not a reliable source for your news.

......because 75% of the time you are.

I would say short term solutions as opposed to shortcuts, but presumably we mean the same thing.

Normally I prefer United to sign U25 players, but that "philosophy" (;)) was based on adding to a squad of already established top players.

United's first team doesn't have a huge amount of players in that 27-31 years old "prime years sweet spot", so perhaps signings like Sanchez and Matic are more tolerable. We have the likes of Mata, Fellaini, Blind, Darmian, Rojo and Herrera as players who are around that age but I'm not sure Jose fancies any of them.

United have quite a few (relatively) young players so adding a bit of experience is perhaps not the worst thing. Would have preferred a Griezeman or a Dybala over Sanchez (presumably they are both off the table now), but we'll have to see what happens.
Like i've already said, sometimes it's necessary. I think this particular swap deal could be a win/win deal for both sides, on the surface. I've already said this when the deal first surfaced.

It's still ok to think Utd overpaid. January will always be a sellers market.

Utd can afford it though so i dont understand the reluctance from the majority of Utd fans to see it for what it is. Wanting to call it a free transfer is just one eyed pig ignorance.

......because 75% of the time you are.

I would say short term solutions as opposed to shortcuts, but presumably we mean the same thing.

Normally I prefer United to sign U25 players, but that "philosophy" (;)) was based on adding to a squad of already established top players.

United's first team doesn't have a huge amount of players in that 27-31 years old "prime years sweet spot", so perhaps signings like Sanchez and Matic are more tolerable. We have the likes of Mata, Fellaini, Blind, Darmian, Rojo and Herrera as players who are around that age but I'm not sure Jose fancies any of them.

United have quite a few (relatively) young players so adding a bit of experience is perhaps not the worst thing. Would have preferred a Griezeman or a Dybala over Sanchez (presumably they are both off the table now), but we'll have to see what happens.
Mata and Herrera are the only ones worth their weight imo

Mou is 2 yrs behind Pep already.

We're a one team Lg.

There hasn't been a dynastic team since Fergie. I wouldn't be so sure. Yes Pep is a very, very good manager but other teams have won the league and looked untouchable in the process. Haven't become a dynasty.

They lost their philosophy once Fergie was gone.
Fergie was from an era where by & large he was competing against Clubs managed by his dumbass drunkard ex-players.

How many Utd academy failures got sold on to his ex players turned managers

Imagine the dynasty Mou wudda created if he managed in a Lg where he only had Red Nev, Snake Giggs, Gunni & Wobbleygob Managing other Clubs to worry about

He unseated Fergie in a NY minute FFS

Last edited:
There hasn't been a dynastic team since Fergie. I wouldn't be so sure. Yes Pep is a very, very good manager but other teams have won the league and looked untouchable in the process. Haven't become a dynasty.
The days of Utd signing teenage Rooney's while City bought Jack Rodwell's are long gone.

Mata and Herrera are the only ones worth their weight imo

Would not be surprised to see one or both of them gone come the summer.

Both are coming to the end of their contracts (Mata may even be this summer) and I've heard nothing about offering extensions.

City not won anything yet and already they are the greatest team England have ever seen.

Let's see them win the CL/PREM double or 3 PREMs in a row before we get to carried away, shall we.

Would not be surprised to see one or both of them gone come the summer.

Both are coming to the end of their contracts (Mata may even be this summer) and I've heard nothing about offering extensions.
Herrera's been managed poorly & has had an offensively below par RB to work with.

With that said, he's still not the calibre of player Utd should be employing. Especially under Mou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back