Politico declares war on electoral college: calls it a national security threat

Idaho is getting 1 electoral vote per 420,000 people.

New York is getting 1 electoral vote per 681,000 people.

Felons? People on work visas? Registered in another state ......

I'm sure there is a better way to find it then just subtracting all these individual. Point being is we can't use census data to determine electoral votes.

@Rational Poster

change each decade according to the size of each State's population as determined in the Census.

So they do use census (Everyone, not just voters)

Felons? People on work visas? Registered in another state ......

I'm sure there is a better way to find it then just subtracting all these individual. Point being is we can't use census data to determine electoral votes.

Sure we can. How else is it done?

No matter how many hairs you split, NY and CA aren't getting fair electoral representation.

@Rational Poster

change each decade according to the size of each State's population as determined in the Census.

So they do use census (Everyone, not just voters)

So this hair splitting doesn't even help your argument at all, does it?

The most populous states are not getting fair representation.

If New York had 1 electoral vote per 420,000 people like Idaho it would be worth 47 electoral votes.

California would have 93.

Last edited:
If anything, get rid of the stupid winner-take-all system. It wouldn't require a constitutional amendment and would end the abomination that is the division of blue/red/swing states, which I think plays a big part in the US having such low voter turnout and accentuates the disillusionment that has been growing over the years.

This is THE ANSWER. It splits the baby. Anyone still not satisfied is clearly partisan. Probably the type of game-rigging bastard who supports gerrymandering congressional districts.

The electoral college is only used for the Presidency.

What are the excuses for losing the House, Senate, and most of the governorship's and state assemblies in the past eight years? Those are the states people voting one for one for their representation.

Muh Gerrymandering?

Muh Voter I.D?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...lege-threat-national-security-215626?cmpid=sf

Get used to a lot more of this from mainstream news trying to get California and New York to decide our next president

In short, político argues that EC was put in place to stop tampering from Great Britain as them influencing each of the electors from 13 different states would be too hard to accomplish. Now with social media making the spreading of fake news so easy, the EC not only fails at its goal of making tampering much more difficult, it actually makes it easier

Allllllll of the Facebook comments are in support of nixing the electoral college

Our guy didn't win the election. Let's change it so it does.
'

Yes, this is not dangerous.

The country went into a crippling recession the last time a shitty republican won thanks to the electoral college.

And we all know history repeats itself. Well, except for Trump bots.

A big part of that being the DEMOCRAT platform where Bill Clinton made banks give sub prime loans to minorities???? Right? Somehow you are pinning that on GWB?

How about the recession Jimmy Carter got us into? And how Reagan led the most successful recovery in the modern era.
Or how about how Obama led the WORST recovery of the modern era.

But yes, Trump is going to have the same outcome as GWB because they did not win the popular vote....just like everyone who won both is the same. Got it.

What you are saying is not completely stupid, though. You did use capitalization and punctuation correctly.

So this hair splitting doesn't even help your argument at all, does it?

The most populous states are not getting fair representation.

If New York had 1 electoral vote per 420,000 people like Idaho it would be worth 47 electoral votes.

California would have 93.

Yes my whole argument was shot to shit.

At the same time that makes me care even less about states that have high illegal immigrants and want more electoral votes.

Yes my whole argument was shot to shit.

At the same time that makes me care even less about states that have high illegal immigrants and want more electoral votes.

Even if you adjust out the illegals, the populous states still aren't represented fairly based on their population as I've also demonstrated.

Don't forget, Texas and Florida have lots of illegals, this effects red states too.

Last edited:
Back