Polish priest wishes Pope early death over call for Catholics to take in Muslim refugees

That's the whole point. Poland went from a shithole Satellite State to an economic powerhouse on the verge of joining the world's elite economies, largely because of EU membership. Objectively, Poland has benefited a great deal from the arrangement, and now they're being asked to help out. If that's too much to ask, just leave the EU, plain and simple.
They're not being asked to "help out" in financial support of Europe. They're not being asked to "Help Out" in military support of Europe. They're not being asked to "Help Out" in political support of Europe. They're being asked to "Help Out" with increased foreign immigration which they see as against their national interest, which their citizenry apparently largely don't agree with and really should never have been the remit of the EU commission to attempt to enforce on member states. If members states wish to participate in the program that should be their choice and if those that do find that the idea or their plan for implementing it within their own borders isn't working as well as they'd hoped that's their issue.

Fact is, the EU pretty obviously desires an end to national sovereignty with all members completely and officially under the control of commission leadership. Some members are or have woken to this and simply refuse to be consumed in such a manner.

Last edited:
Hungary will fight tooth and nail to stay in the EU and curb their overreach.
I also think Poland is hungry for the fight.

I find myself wondering why I'm a better Christian as an atheist than people who call themselves Christians.
The words of Jesus aren't a fucking cafeteria, you can't just pick and choose.

I find myself wondering why I'm a better Christian as an atheist than people who call themselves Christians.
And this relates to the topic how?

They're not being asked to "help out" in financial support of Europe. Their not being asked to "Help Out" in military support of Europe. Their not being asked to "Help Out" in political support of Europe. Their being asked to "Help Out" with increased foreign immigration which they see as against their national interest, which their citizenry apparently largely don't agree with and really should never have been the remit of the EU commission to attempt to enforce on member states. If members states wish to participate in the program that should be their choice and if those that do find that the idea or their plan for implementing it within their own borders isn't working as well as they'd hoped that's their issue.

Fact is, the EU pretty obviously desires an end to national sovereignty with all members completely and officially under the control of commission leadership. Some members are or have woken to this and simply refuse to be consumed in such a manner.

I don't disagree with any of that. But the point still stands, if they don't like it, just leave. A better solution of course would be to pressure the EU to dramatically reshape it's stance on immigration and move from the free-for-all humanitarian approach that resulting in letting in millions of unskilled & uneducated workers to focusing on family units with relevant skills and appropriate levels of education required to operate in advanced economies.

I don't disagree with any of that. But the point still stands, if they don't like it, just leave. A better solution of course would be to pressure the EU to dramatically reshape it's stance on immigration and move from the free-for-all humanitarian approach that resulting in letting in millions of unskilled & uneducated workers to focusing on family units with relevant skills and appropriate levels of education required to operate in advanced economies.
Or, more and better focused support on building infrastructure, increasing education and assisting with economic growth in the nations the immigrants are coming from. Why is the best option to just open the gates so to speak? Humanitarian efforts are not the problem. The manner in which they are being approached is. The lengths the EU commission are willing to go to enforce their damaged policy is.

No, and that's why Poland won't do shit except for dig in their heels on the refugee issue. They know they'll be completely fucked if they leave the EU. Again, Poland is where it is today largely because of EU membership. If Britain is forecasted to exit the EU in worse shape than when it was in, how do we think Poland will fare? On the plus side for them, Russia will welcome them back with open arms and won't ask for them to take in any refugees.
Poland is where it is thanks to the EU, and was where it was thanks to the core EU states as well. The west was complicit in Polands economic problems within living memory. You can't point at the benefits they're reaping now while ignoring they were offered up as a sacrificial lamb of sorts imo. I thought this would be covered under the "collective German guilt syndrome". Only partially kidding there.

There's no way they would want to go back to living under Russian influence imo, rather I see an expansion of V4 countries. That's just based on a feeling, so disregard if you will.

Fix that for you. You're welcome!

I disagree as I see Christian philosophy (NT) as a beneficial thing, while having complete disdain for the "church" as an institution. Ymmv, but I'm not going to dismiss your opinion out of hand.

80% of this forum fucking blows. You guys have really ruined a great forum

Poland is based as fuck. I regret that I never visited last time I was in Europe. I'll def. be going there later this year, along with all the other MAGA countries.
Yeah, Poland is awesome-- which is why it ranks 32nd in quality of life and 49th in happiness.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/happiness-report/2018/WHR_web.pdf

Maybe you should stay there.

Islam and Catholicism, the scourge of humanity for centuries.

Now you might expect I was going somewhere with that statement, but no, just playing Captain Obvious.
Evangelicalism ain't doing so hot for us either.

I disagree as I see Christian philosophy (NT) as a beneficial thing, while having complete disdain for the "church" as an institution. Ymmv, but I'm not going to dismiss your opinion out of hand.

A sensible and well thought out response. If I was inclined to continue this discussion it would be well worth it but alas this topic bores me...

I also think Poland is hungry for the fight.
He he he ....

Those two countries have one of the oldest continuous friendships in Europe and are in lock step opposing the migrant quota. I can't see it changing any time soon.

Take a good long look at the title and the OP and see if you can somehow divine the connection
My fault, I thought I was in another topic when I clicked on your reply notification. Yes, I agree with you in that regard. I can understand disagreements with Papal policy but his comment was decidedly unchristian as far as that goes.

A sensible and well thought out response. If I was inclined to continue this discussion it would be well worth it but alas this topic bores me...
Yeah, likewise. Nothing to gain from beating that particular dead horse. Cheers.

My fault, I thought I was in another topic when I clicked on your reply notification. Yes, I agree with you in that regard. I can understand disagreements with Papal policy but his comment was decidedly unchristian as far as that goes.
I was like, "...huh?" and was preparing to hear some argument that the words of Jesus didn't mean what they clearly meant.

Mehstakes, LOL

No, and that's why Poland won't do shit except for dig in their heels on the refugee issue. They know they'll be completely fucked if they leave the EU. Again, Poland is where it is today largely because of EU membership. If Britain is forecasted to exit the EU in worse shape than when it was in, how do we think Poland will fare? On the plus side for them, Russia will welcome them back with open arms and won't ask for them to take in any refugees.

Poland and Britain I guess need to team up outside the current b.s.

Those two countries have one of the oldest continuous friendships in Europe and are in lock step opposing the migrant quota. I can't see it changing any time soon.
What's funny is leftards keep insisting it's a humanitarian crisis and these are asylum seekers fleeing war, appealing to emotion. They keep repeating it whenever the topic of "helping out" and "sharing the load" comes.

Most of these migrants are not eligible for asylum. Or from Syria at all.

The most recent example is Ireland / Canada saying they're taking in immigrants and they have scaled down the asylum-war rhetoric to near zero and instead are selling it as "great for the economy". Then you have the ferry service from Africa to Italy - not legit asylum seekers (or great for the economy either).

What's funny is leftards keep insisting it's a humanitarian crisis and these are asylum seekers fleeing war, appealing to emotion. They keep repeating it whenever the topic of "helping out" and "sharing the load" comes.

Most of these migrants are not eligible for asylum. Or from Syria at all.

The most recent example is Ireland / Canada saying they're taking in immigrants and they have scaled down the asylum-war rhetoric to near zero and instead are selling it as "great for the economy". Then you have the ferry service from Africa to Italy - not legit asylum seekers (or great for the economy either).
How can they be refugees having passed through numerous stable countries? Refugee status isn't ment to be a bottomless well, nor can it be transferred on the basis of melanin content.

I personally talked to quite a few people living on the Hungarian/Serb border and they all say the same thing - while most newcomers were refugees at the beginning, that hasn't been the case since mid 2015.

Jesus never said to bring people who hate freedom and justice to our own land.

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Back